Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Law, in a Lawless Land

Leebus Bagrodi

L
830px-Wayfar.png

Wayfar, Tatooine
Leebus stood up from his desk as he heard the muffled sounds of a man cursing and struggling against what he assumed to be ropes. "Let me go, you dammed errand boy!" The voice said in an angry, rushed tone. The voice of Deputy Jedoxi came into earshot as Bagrodi opened the door. "Will you please just shut up?" Jedoxi said, turning his gaze quickly towards Badogri. Badgogri looked down, and saw the man hogtied on the ground, wriggling like a space-slug that had it's appendages cut off. "Marshal," Jedoxi said quickly, in an almost robotic manner. "I found this sumbitch' trying to rob some innocent folk up that a-way." Jedoxi pointed in the direction of a set of dunes, nearly indistinguishable from the rest of the Dune Sea had it not been for the large Krayt Dragon skeleton that rested on it's peak. "You dont let me go, a gang of bandits is gonna roll through here! Raze this podunk town to the damned ground!" The man let out a sinister cackle. Leebus's expression soured, and he turned his head up back to look at Jedoxi. "What are you planning on doing with him?" Bagrodi inquired. "Well, i'm gonna lock him up Marshal. Put him in a cell, what else would we do with him?" Jedoxi said. "They gon' break me out of jail, and I am going to personally strangle you to death, you dog!" The bandit cut in, and laughed again.
"I do not respond amicably to threats against my town. I was considering giving you an even longer sentence. But threatening my deputies? AND the town? I think I know what I'm going to do with you, friend." The marshal said, the venom in his voice rising. "What? You gonna give me an even longer sentence?" The bandit mocked. "No. Quite the opposite, actually." The marshal reached into his holster, and pulled out the blaster contained inside, and inspected it. "W-what you doing a- Wait... L-let's not jump to-" There was a sudden shift in the man's voice, changing from a mocking, angry tone to one of great fear. "Your sentence has been upgraded, friend. Make your peace now." The marshal said as he aimed his pistol at the bandits head. "S-sir! You don't gotta do this! Even if he is a thief he deserves a fair shake! Please sir, reconsider!" The deputy pleaded. "He forfeit his right to a trial as soon as he began to threaten us." The marshal said, anger in his voice. "The boy was gonna put me in the jail! Don't do this! No-" The man was cut off by the sound of the blaster firing, the shot seeming to echo throughout the entire desert. The marshal stood there for a moment, staring at the new hole that he had just placed in the back of the outlaw's head, and he put away his blaster, quickly turning towards his deputy, an angry expression across his face.
"What's gotten into you? Have you turned coward?! Trying to talk me into sparing the life of some gang member, so he could probably break out and seek revenge against us?!" "Sir, it just wer-" The deputy began to speak but was cut off by the marshal yelling. "It weren't nothing! Now go and dump this body somewhere away from town! Unless you've turned too yella to do that as well!" The marshal bellowed. "Yes sir, s-sorry sir." Jedoxi muttered, picking up the corpse and walking out of sight.
"Damned coward... I need some new deputies." Bagrodi grumbled angrily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kara Moonlighter

K
Zivos CT-3425 CT-3425

Alas unbeknownst to the Sheriff the man he had just murdered was part of a larger organized crime syndicate. A syndicate that had initially hired her on to do a quick burglary of a local bank. Unfortunately for the Marshal this town had tons of spies and as soon as the word hit that a fellow ganger had been murdered they offered her a more lucarative contract.

She was settled back in her usual fashion with a spice stick and some booze when the local informant approached her.

"We got a hit job. Moneys good. Fifty thousand creds to put a bullet into the local marshall,"

She raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"Kill a lawman for a paltry amount?"

Now she bluffed.

"Make it double, I'll take care of the geek."

She could tell from the angle of his head he was consorting some kind of under-boss over his built in comlink. finally he nodded.

"Alright girl, one huned thou."

"Sure thing, let me find a crew to assist. Give me twenty four standard. I'll have your Marshall done in. I want half up front."

A call went out across the Crypt net.

///Start///

// Gig, Private Contract;;; 100.000 split into shares for whichever folks apply and show up.

//Target///

//Local Law enforcement///

//Recommend quick transport out///

//Closed//

Now she just had to wait. Enclosed was her digital sig and location encrypted. Any hunters or mercs would be able to crack it, as it was familiar to their own code used for the guilds.....

Leebus Bagrodi

L
The marshal sat out on the porch of the jailhouse, located on the edge of town, as he gazed out into the strangely tranquil dune sea, protected from the twin suns beating down on the land by the brim of his large hat. The marshal still sat vigilant however, his E-11 laying across a box next to his chair in case of trouble. And trouble was about to find him. The marshal perked up as he noticed several silhouettes over the horizon, racing towards the town. Leebus procured a set of binoculars, and peered through them. They were men on swoop-bikes. Men wearing body armor. 6 total. Armed. Dangerous. "Scheit." The marshal said as he put down the binoculars and quickly grabbed his rifle. He raised his wrist and spoke into a commlink he had on him at all times. "Sherrif." Leebus said into the commlink, a hint of panic in his voice, but determination outweighed it. "Yes Marshal?" A voice responded from the commlink. "We got hostiles, possible gangers. They're on swoop bikes. 6 total. Heavily armed. Get the deputies into defensive formation Alpha-7. Get the townsfolk in their homes. We trained for this. I'll meet up with you at the perimeter." Bagrodi said. "Roger that sir." The sheriff responded from the other end of the commlink. Bagrodi quickly jumped to his feet, grabbing his E-11, he had work to do. A determined expression was painted across the marshal's face as he ran to protect his town, dust being kicked up from his leather boots.

Leebus Bagrodi

L
The marshal turned the corner around the jailhouse and saw the sheriff yelling out orders to the deputies, incomprehensible, due to the distance and the yelling of all the deputies clamoring to set up a perimeter. The deputies were setting up makeshift barricades out of large, wooden, blue-milk crates. As the marshal got closer, he could make out what some of the Sheriff was saying. Niktos had naturally booming voices, and even at the distance he was at he could discern bits and pieces of what the man was saying. "-Crates up! We need to set up barricades! Those bikes may be armed, so be careful!" The sheriff yelled at two deputies, one stockier then a Hutt and one skinner than a dragonfly's bones, struggling to lift a crate. The sheriff quickly spun to meet the sound of Bagrodi's approaching footsteps with his eyes. "Marshal. We've set up a defensive perimeter around the front of the town, and we've made it clear we've meant business, but they're not breaking off." The sheriff said in a determined, serious tone, his eyes narrowed and squinting so he could see past the twin sun's glare. "Then I guess we got a fight on our hands." The marshal said. There was a brief pause, and then the marshal began to yell out orders. "Deputies! Weapons at the ready! When I give the order, let em' have it!" Bagrodi yelled. The deputies immediately readied their weapons, pointing in the direction of the fast approaching speeders. "Sheriff, you stay here for a moment. I have to go get something." Leebus said. The sherrif turned his head slightly to face Bagrodi and responded: "Yes Marshal." The Nikto lawman said, as the Marshal turn and ran through a back door of a building, the jailhouse.

The marshal quickly ran over to his bed that sat across from his desk, the vacant jail cells to their right, and pulled out a lockbox from underneath. Flicking off the latches, he quickly opened it and retrived three items from inside: His father's body armor from when he was a lawman, back on Ord Mantell, full of dents and burn marks. Some from Leebus's job, some from his father's. It had been the gift he gave Bagrodi before he left, the last time he ever saw his old man. He quickly put it on. The other was a standard bandolier, large plasma cells strapped across it, which could act as extra ammo for his E-11 if need be. And the last was the most emotional item for Leebus. The old poncho his mentor, the previous marshal, used to wear on missions. A brillant brown, with white accent. Those two colors struck fear into outlaws all across the Dune Sea.
He displayed it as a badge of honor, and said he would pass it down to Leebus after he died. Oh, how Bagrodi wished he did not have access to it. The thing seemed to haunt him, bringing back memories of his old friend. The marshal sighed and pulled it out of the lockbox, removing the large "MARSHAL" star that was clipped to his vest with his other hand. Bagrodi quickly put on the poncho, flicking it up to drape down his side, adjusting it slightly. Now using both of his hands, Bagrodi clipped the badge to the front of it. Bagrodi grabbed the bandolier, which he had laid across the bed, and quickly put it on.

Bagrodi sighed once more, and quickly walked out of the jailhouse, briskly walking back to the perimeter. The bikes were closer now. Bagrodi wiped away all lingering emotions still present in his mind, flicking the safety off his E-11, the hissing of the rapidly cooling barrel the only noise emanating amid a silence that hung in the air. The marshal squinted, raising his rifle and looking down the sights as the speeders grew closer and closer. He was ready.

Kara Moonlighter

K
Leebus Bagrodi

Few showed and that was just fine. Regardless she mad her to the swoops, and they were off to the races. As the landscape zoomed by she calculated the odds in her head of success. It depended on how many folks the Marshall could rally up. Wasn't long before they found themselves slowing, coming up on the barricades. She smirked and cut the throttle, coming to a dead halt, skidding sideways.

Then she dismounted, clad in her dusty jacket and walked a few paces shy of the barricades. Her fingers twitched ever so slightly, but she kept her hand of her gun. Meanwhile her cybernetic eyes were feeding targeting data to her brain. Distance, direction, wind-speed, type of weapon etc. She kept her cool and held up her hand to halt the small gang of Syndicate Outlaws behind her.

"Give me an audience with your Marshall. This fight ain't with ya'll."

Leebus Bagrodi

L
Leebus watched as the speeders slowed to a crawl, and a woman stepped off. Clearly she was the leader of this motely crew of outlaws that stood before him and his deputies. "Sherrif, stay on em'. If they make any sudden moves blast them." Leebus stepped out in front of the barricade, holstering his E-11, slinging it across his back. "Now why would you want an audience with a country bumpkin such as myself? I assume this isn't no social call." Leebus cautiously stepped towards the firing line, shifting his hand slowly over the blaster pistol that was holstered at his side, shifting the other hand to grip his belt. "Who're you folks anyway? You don't seem like no normal raiders." Leebus said as he sized up the bounty hunters that stood before him, they were well armed and equipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom