Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late night training

Pretending that Anaki was a patient might have been an excuse to keep M-6PO active at night, Cathul booked a block for Anaki in her schedule on Mandalore. Before the scheduled appointment could take place, Cathul brought several objects from Mandalore's trash cans. And she was wearing the latest Dathomirian witch costume, as inspired by Dead Fantasy, a Dathomirian horror holoflick whose plot revolved around an evil space wizard that summoned zombies, and a team of space wizards was dispatched to apprehend him, one of which is a Togruta. But she saw any occasion to have anyone not afflicted by some mental health problem in her office as a welcome relief. For years she complained about Mandalore's lack of mental healthcare resources, but upon the conclusion of these wargames on Axxila and Bandomeer, she may be able to refer some patients to other therapists on Axxila, so that no longer the Mandalorian Clans would complain about access to mental healthcare. The "patient" came in with a phrik halberd.

"I sense that you already have some foundation in your usage of the Force. Perhaps you would like to learn the Force-crushgaunt spell: it's actually a variation on a spell you already know, Force push/pull. Just don't go around crushing my flying broomstick, my lightsabers or my beskar'gam using the Force-crushgaunt"

[member="Anaki Sann"]

Anaki looked semi bemused she had stored her gear in her A-A5.
Still this whole Shtick seemed more amusing than intimidating.
"Yeah i had a umm owne.. no Master? who was a former Jedi. he taught me the basics. i suppose. it's why i know how to use this with out killing my self." Anaki said trying to suppress a snigger at the attempts to either impress or intimidate her.

"Look at this shard of metal, Anaki. Try to find a weakness in it in the Force, and then concentrate a F=ma on that pressure point. From now on there is the Force and there is F=ma; F=ma here designates a force in the mechanical sense"

To Cathul, F=ma was a force in the physical sense, and not the Force as a quantized field that most thought of as a mystical field. It was still just a classical spell: moving on to quantum spells would require Anaki to read these exceedingly complex textbooks that Jessica suggested Cathul to read. And, while Cathul was strong enough to understand the content and its implications in terms of spellweaving without having to resort to Force-comprehension or Memory enhancement (or Instinctive Astrogation Control, which allowed its user to combine the benefits of both Force-comprehension and Memory enhancement but at a heavy energy cost) she knows that few Jedi could understand that stuff without it. She closed her eyes, hoping that the sub-shards created would not splatter in the eyes; better one's hands than one' eyes when it comes to things like these. Better safe than sorry when it comes to practicing such powers...

[member="Anaki Sann"]

" Force equals mass? i get it. " she sat focoused and like old Argus taught her she reached out and just switched off like in combat. switch off thaught turn off emotions don't think do dont think about the metal it is an enemy. and as Argus taught her.
The shard rose,
"What is best in life?" he would ask. "Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women. and to never be a Slave. " she would answer.
The Shard was D' Bargo her old owner. the one she choked the life out of.
Shere anger flowed threw her rage flowed threw the force.
The premiss was simple.
With a roar ans a lot of pent up agression the shard cracked and fractured.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

"Force equals mass times acceleration, as applied to motion-based spells. Like Force-crushgaunt, Force-speed, Force-pull/push"

Now that Anaki has successfully burst the shard of metal that had roughly the same size as the rock one [member="Darth Banshee"] made her break back on Serenno, when she herself learned to use Force-crushgaunt, Cathul feels ready to let Anaki move on. Technically, that definition assumed that the objects are time-independent; the more general case was

F=dp/dt
=d(mv)/dt
=m dv/dt+v dm/dt
=ma + v dm/dt

but in motion-based spellcasting one rarely needed to consider time-dependent masses and then dm/dt = 0. Very few witches would even go so far as to teach condensed-matter physics, but pyrokinesis, as well as cryokinesis, is all about condensed matter. Cathul would probably have become a condensed matter physicist, if she didn't choose to do therapy. And yet some Witches posed as a patient just to ask for quantum mechanics knowledge that will enable them to work with NFUs for developing technology, including but not limited to condensed matter.

"I hope that this blob of condensed matter has some knowledge of condensed matter physics because there is a way to change the temperature of materials in one spell. Most people will refer to cryokinesis and pyrokinesis as two separate spells when it is really just one. If you know nothing about condensed matter physics, it's unfortunate that it will make longer to train your spell; the more you understand about how a spell works, the faster you will improve your skill in it - you can still nevertheless learn the spell, it will just take longer"

[member="Anaki Sann"]

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

" Anything you can teach me would be appreciated. i admit i do not view it as a mystical thing. more a weapon in an arsenal. " Anaki admitted the math going over fer head.

"I should probably talk about Force-temperature because what it does is to adjust the target's temperature. That is, if your target is solid, you will adjust the molecular oscillation frequency until you reach the desired temperature; if, at the pressure you have at our disposal, the desired target temperature is at a different phase than your original phase, you need to get the Force to supply the latent heat that will allow you to make your phase transition, or, alternatively, to take it away"

Classical thermodynamics and statistical mechanics can only go so far. Even though she could understand either subjects just fine, at the level at which it would be of use in spellcasting, or spellweaving even, she knew the average Mando witch would have more trouble with it. They justify each and every spell with spirit ichor whereas Cathul would simply be using creation or annihilation operators on the target, making their wave functions even change symmetries as she uses the Force to apply creation or annihilation since she would believe a solid to be a gas of quantum harmonic oscillators binding molecules together. Thermochemstry, oh thermochemistry, when it made would-be psychologists on Dagobah angry... these were notions they were all taught in the introductory chemistry course.

"If the target is liquid, you will adjust the angular velocity of the molecules, and if the target is a gas, supercritical fluid or plasma, the linear kinetic energy of the molecules must be adjusted"

[member="Anaki Sann"]

" I understood nothing about that. im sure those were words though. " Anaki admitted she wasn't rely good with this stuff. the crushing was all emotion. it was tk with umpf. she supposed this was the same. make the molecules angry. like a micro wave get them dancing and hot.
" Look i grew up in a Bantha Barn where the Bantha were treated better than i was. i mucked out the dung and the dung was seen as more useful than i was."

[member="Cathul Thuku"]
Anaki focused on the object channeling all her emotion in to it focusing on the little molecules then atoms making them angry making them dance.
the metal began to heat and glow red then it shattered.

"Now that you have a red-hot shard of metal with dancing molecules in it, you can try calming the molecules down"

And then the shard would freeze, if Anaki actually understood that explanation... chemically that would amount to reducing the vibration frequency of the molecules. Cathul realized that there was a rift between how she understood spells and how apprentices did, even though most spells had an explanation as to what the Force did on the target. Sure she could invoke statistical mechanics or whatnot, just that it may not be wise in all instances.

[member="Anaki Sann"]

[member="Cathul Thuku"]
Anaki tried to think of calming thoughts.. then immediately stopped and thought about less horrific things.
She pictured sleep and cool mountains, snow, ice, cool beer, water.
the shard began too cool. she pictures the tiny molecules stop and gather cuddle for warmth.
frost crystals formed on the shard. as she focused this was a lot different it wasn't anger she wasn't willing the thing to do any thing it was like trying to get a child to sleep. it fell to the ground white and frosty.

"I believe you asked for one last spell, Electric judgment? Or do you want to stick around and Force-cloak too?"

Cathul was about to give her a taste of what one should do in order to engage in electric zapping. Because colder materials usually conduct electricity better than hot materials, due to the fact that electrons are less likely to collide with other electrons or with the nuclei, Cathul was to try to formulate the spell in simpler terms than she would normally be tempted to.

"Just pretend that there is an electric wire between you and the frosty shard"

[member="Anaki Sann"]

" Force cloak isn't relay my thing i need my enemy to see me. it's how i keep my troops safe. i attract all the fire."
Anaki admitted she was to aggressive to hide in a thing like force cloak.
still electric judgement.
Anaki pictured it the atoms and molecules all attacked forming a bridge between her and the shard.
it wasn't anger that flowed it was another emotion. archs of yelow light eminated from Anaki's finger tips arching to the shard.
" WOW did i do that?"
[member="Cathul Thuku"]

"Hmmm... now that you have an arsenal of spells, it's one thing to know how to use a spell, wisdom also matters, too. Now read the left chart on the wall, please tell me what your thoughts are"

The only two things on the wall where the exit door of Cathul's office stood were two charts, with each of the mainstream Codes written on it. She was read both Codes back on Dagobah as an undergraduate, and they spent a whole lecture on each, with a rather lengthy assignment asking them to compare and contrast each Code against one another. The left chart has the Jedi Code on it:

There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force

[member="Anaki Sann"]

[member="Cathul Thuku"]
"There is no emotion, there is peace
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
There is no passion, there is serenity
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force?"

Anaki read it aloud " Not my stile relay. " Anaki chuckled.
"It's a nice statement not rational i think. wanna show me that Radiation and alcohol thing?" she admitted to herself.

"I'll get back to the Codes later. Speaking of these two spells, Force-alcohol is more of a logistical nicety than an actual combat spell, and same goes for Force-radiation. Because of that, and also what I would use Force-radiation for, mostly to cure cancers or irradiate suspect food for decontamination, I initially assumed that you would not have wanted those until you asked for them"

Rather than to use the shard of metal, Cathul prepared a glass of muja fruit juice for [member="Anaki Sann"] to use the Force as a yeast on it. Cathul would rather think of the reactional mechanisms but these were perhaps a wee bit too complicated for a Witch like Anaki - she wasn't a Witch that had much of a skill for Force Comprehension or Memory Enhancement, much less Instinctive Astrogation, nor was she a Witch that seemed to naturally be on the same intellectual level as Cathul (and by that same token, Jessica, whom she found to be more similar to her than different) was.

"Just pretend that the Force is your yeast"

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Anaki sniggered holding back a potential joke about yeast infections but this could be augmented in to a combat technique.
if it was turning juice in to beer she could potentially poison a watering hole for instance.
or at least be a blast at a kegger.

she did as instructed actualy being a natural at this.
doing better than she expected.

"I've shown you much of the arsenal. By now alcohol is no longer a concern to you; however, this spell only works if there is sugar in the target. You can't poison a watering hole using the spell without first throwing sugar at it"

Even though Cathul did, in her early days, turn entire barrels of sugary water into a supply of vodka, lately she only used Force-alcohol to intoxicate enemies. She'd probably buy a keg of muja fruit juice and turn it into the base product of tihaar, and from there distillate the whole thing. She is no alcohol brewer, however, and she wouldn't dream of opening her own brewery. She had one last request to make of Anaki:

"The last spell that you ask for is here: Force-radiation. Project X-rays at me and, if done properly you should see my skeleton..."

[member="Anaki Sann"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom