Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Lanever Villecham Starport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
space_port_city_by_leventep-d5n9i2n.jpg

The main apron of the starport, along with the upper levels

Name: Lanever Villecham Starport

Image Source: [X]

Classification: Ground-based spaceport

Location: Hosnian Prime, southeast of the Fifth Avenue district

Affiliation: Hosnian Spaceports (a government body)

Description: The Lanever Villecham Starport has a main apron whose area is about 5 square kilometers in size, roughly the shape of a square; on its south border the On its other three sides, terminals slope upward with additional terraced landing pads for smaller ships being nevertheless capable of handling ships up to 80 meters wide, with all the landing pads at each level being linked one another. For this reason, the starport is said to have nine terminals linked together by intricate systems of internal trams horizontally and by turbolifts vertically, with only the biggest ships being allowed the use of the lowermost level of the starport.

History: Named after the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic at the time of Hosnian Prime's destruction in 34 ABY, the Lanever Villecham Starport was built in the population boom that was expected after the Gulag Plague ended. Unfortunately, plagued by strong popular opposition, it took decades before the starport could be built and, even after completion, it is criticized as a white elephant, since it is under-used to the point any spacer is said to have an entire terminal to him/herself, despite being able to dock there for free. It is embroiled in a dispute between Star Tours and Hosnian Spaceports: Hosnian Spaceports demanded that a Star Tours hub be placed there, a level of operations which was deemed unacceptable by since it would jeopardize its neutrality, especially if it was perceived as a provocation by the One Sith due to Hosnian Prime's proximity to the One Sith.

Hosnian Spaceports tried signing deals with many different spacelines for use of their gates, light-sided as well as dark-sided, but these deals all fell apart.

Intent: To provide Hosnian Prime with a base of operations for Star Tours

Links: Hosnian Prime
Lanever Villecham
Star Tours
I spend, therefore I am (the attempt at a resolution)

[member="Ugohr Poof"]

Does Star Tours own this starport, lease it or merely use it/own some property there. Why is it in a dispute? Is this star port still underused? I'd like to see these added into the sub, it shouldn't be too much extra information but I feel its important.

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Star Tours is trying to get a lease on a few gates after Hosnian Spaceports tried many different spacelines (almost all of which are NPC) to set up shop there: Galactic Alliance-controlled Naboo Spacelines, First Order-controlled Bespin Direct, Hedeek Shipping, Mandalorian-controlled Air Alderaan, Dantooine Express... and failed with all of them, all of which really wanted a lease on just one gate or two.

One of my other characters is threading en route to Hosnian Prime in an attempt to resolve the dispute: I spend, therefore I am.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom