Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Land of Giant | Koda Fett

if they're watching anyways
alessandro-paviolo-skull-houses-paviolo.png

hJJw3Ng.png

Koda Fett Koda Fett

"Hey- hey, wait up!" Auteme stumbled along the uneven path down the side of the mountain. How the Mandalorian maneuvered so sure-footedly while wearing such heavy armor was a mystery even greater than the Force itself. (Of course, she had a great many theories on both.)

Not that there weren't other mysteries worth investigating. The Symiretsuo Nebula had proven rich in wonder beyond measure at every turn -- even the wrong turns, the result of which was their arrival on SN-5029-2111-4259. The planet was just over one and a half times the radius of Coruscant. It seemed that almost everything had been scaled up to match. The gravity was just past four-thirds standard, the core density was unprecedented, and the storms-

The storm.

Even after it'd passed she could still hear the distant rumble. She would've been fascinated by the atmospheric phenomenon if it wasn't so deadly. They'd thought the ASV Hyperion's shields could hold up, and they'd thought wrong. Life pods away, and they'd been scattered to the wind. When she regained consciousness (she'd been lucky, no concussion or other injuries) she found herself alone on a barren, rocky world. Until she found the Mandalorian she'd been stumbling around aimlessly. Now she was stumbling around aimlessly with a companion who seemed like he didn't much want her around.

The atmospheric interference had cut off communications with the others of her group, and she lacked the skills to locate them on such a world. The cold dread that hung in the air didn't help her attempts to meditate or sense where they were. Moving was the only option. With a little (a lot) of luck she'd stay ahead of the storm and find a way out.

"I'm technically a Mandalorian! Well, I don't follow the Resol'nare, so I guess I'm not, but... I have a clan name! Technically!" She had no idea if she was getting through to him. "Could you tell me where we're headed? Do you have a ship here- wait, do you live here? Okay maybe not here, but like, in the nebula?"

She didn't know how to approach him. A better question might've been are you trying to help me? But all she could do was follow along. Being alone was far worse.

The Mandalorian had often found himself in the inhospitable sectors and systems; inhabitants that flocked towards it, or the elements that found themselves crafted on a specific rock - each seemed to be on the varying threat scale, and so a certain sense of adaptiveness need be formed, if not maintained. Even beneath the armour, Fett found himself sure-footed in the steps taken in descent, from the mountain into the locale that rest beneath them - the second member a Jedi, yet more to the terms of an obstacle and percieved threat for those that may still come for them in a malicious manner. Beast or man, none could tell. If something had been out there, the Bounty Hunter had been certain to set eyes abound.

"Transmissions disabled; that storm had seen to that." He remarked as a matter-of-fact. "Ship is still in orbit, for now."

He seemed content to let the silence stir. Fett held no love for the Jedi, and the Jedi surely held no love for himself - whether Auteme recognised the armour and all the scratches and the scrapes, the bumps and bruises, the dings and dents, was surely to either complicate their momentary alliance or not. Undoubtedly there, somewhere, on the Galactic Alliance's bounty board.

"I need somewhere safe to settle, even if for the night. If someone is searching for you, best remember to make yourself known from afar."

Auteme Auteme

Finally he'd started to talk. Had he answered her questions? No, but it was better than silence. Except...

"Stay here for the night?" Auteme shook her head. "No- we can't do that. Can we?"

She had no idea. All her knowledge didn't transfer to practice -- her survival skills were lackluster at best and nonexistent at worst. (She was at worst.) Still, she couldn't imagine finding a place safe from that storm.

Then again, why wouldn't that exist? Though the great storms ravaged the planet, the mountains here still stood. Windswept and eroded but ever tall and looming. She looked down the valley, making out the shape of an enormous cavern at the end. Several kilometers away. "We could head there..."

Several kilometers away, and they didn't know how long they had until the storm returned, or when night fell, or if there was anything else they needed to look out for. Auteme was worried, to say the least. She kept following the Mandalorian.

"Do you... um... know how to 'make yourself known from afar'?"

His rangefinder fell atop the T-Visor, a firm stance taken on stone as the Mandalorian examined the distant cavern. It should do, Fett concluded, least from all that could be ascertained from such a distance - harsh terrain and circumstances disabled a sense of certainty in one's self. He could not say for certain until there, and it may yet be some time before that could come to be. Or so Koda estimated.

"Fires, smoke, signals of sorts." He said in the process of turning to Auteme. "Did the Jedi teach you nothing of survival?" His voice reeked of contempt at the mention of 'Jedi', though genuine curiosity throughout the questioned posed.

Auteme Auteme

"Well-" It took her a few tries to get any words out. "I... don't really find myself in these kinds of situations," she said. "I'm more of a... talker. And stuff. So I never learned. Not like it's mandatory."

Maybe it should've been. The galaxy was vast and the life of a Jedi had taken her nearly everywhere, so why didn't she expect something like this? Even so, it was a rare enough occurrence, getting lost on some unfamiliar planet with someone she didn't know. Most of the time it was a planet she did know, and she knew the person she was getting lost with too.

She sighed. "Sorry. I... won't be of too much help, I guess. Theoretical and academic knowledge doesn't translate to practical application."

She shrugged. "Nothing to make a fire with, anyways."

Unless... no, she wouldn't. She reached into her bag instead for a small droid. It activated and began to flit around, searching their surroundings.

"I'm Auteme, by the way. Sorry if I'm annoying you," she said. "I just, ah, would rather not be alone. Or without someone to help me... survive."

She smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom