Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Lag Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
34527sz.jpg

Name: Lag Fruit (Pronounced Lahg), Known as Aga(s) to The Bedui
Designation: Non-sentient
Homeworld: Bendali
Language: None
Average height of adults: Ten to twelve meters
Skin color: Brown bark, green leaves, green fruit (orange when ripe)
Hair color: No hair
Breathes: Type I

Strengths:
Delicious: Lag Fruit are described as 'the sweetest, juciest fruit in the galaxy' by Bendalians. Sure, this might be salesman talk but it's not far from the truth.
Aromic flowers: Great for attracting polinating insects, Lag Fruit flowers smell as good as Lag Fruit tastes.

Weaknesses:
Tree: Not a talking tree, mind you- not a Neti or an Ent. Just a tree. Can't fight back, can't run away.
Can only grow on Bendali: Though the tree itself can grow just fine elsewhere, the fruit itself requires the tree to have access to large amounts of a precise mixture of nutrients in a specific type of soil only found on certain parts of Bendali, and as far as anyone can tell found nowhere else in the galaxy. Therefore, Lag Fruit can only be grown on Bendali without extremely expensive artificial fertilizers- which would cost more money then selling the fruit would make. Meaning Bendali has the market cornered on this delicious food.

Distinctions: A low fruit tree with green-orange fruit.
Average Lifespan: Thirty years.
Races: None
Estimated Population: Found in semi-rare groves in Bendalian forests and cultivated by the Bendalians
Diet: Soil nutrients, photosynthesis
Communication: None
Culture: Um, it's a tree. They have no theater, sadly.
Technology level: None
General behavior: Lag Fruit trees take about two years to mature enough to produce fruit, once reaching maturity they begin to produce pink flowers with a sweet fragrance to attract polinating insects. Soon, fruit will begin to grow, which ripens after two to three months. Said fruit is then eaten by animals, attracted to it by it's scent and flavor, and the seeds are then deposited elsewhere surrounded in fertilizer; perfect conditions for a new tree to grow.

History: Lag Fruit was a favorite food of the Bedui troops before they left Bendali- a troop was known to travel miles to a natural grove of them for some fine dining. When Humans arrived on the planet they began to cultivate the fruit, discovering it's delicious taste. Now Lag Fruit is the planet's main foodstuff export.

Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To flesh out the plant species of Bendali. I'm hungry for mangos now.

Lemke said:
Can only grow on Bendali: Though no one knows why, Lag Fruit trees can grow on other planets but will not produce fruit. Therefore Bendali has cornered the market on the delicious food.
Why? The rest of this sub is great (and makes me crave mango too dammit) but I don't understand this.

Can you please elaborate?

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] - I really didn't have any idea myself, so I changed it a bit. They are now semi-rare in the jungle, and can be grown elsewhere, but it's expensive.

That look good? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom