Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lack of pies

Word traveled fast, it traveled among the holonet like wild fire reaching the world of zeltros quickly and spread among the people in a wave of worry. Reaching even the ears of stardust as she sat there in disbelief...hands resting under her clan before she covered her face and took a deep breath

y...your majesty

A servant spoke, causing stardust to look up

what is it

The man stepped forward to her desk and cleared his throat, he was very nervous currently and stardust knew why

theres...thwred a crowd gathered outside they seem rather...upset..you know with-[/color

yeah yeah yeah...with my ties...lock the palace down make sure everyone is safe....I won't speak unless it's with someone official

The man nodded, doors were locked and windows closed as the palace went into lock down mode, stardust herself was setting there unsure of what to do or even know if this was the truth at all it worried her greatly
[member="Darben Skirae"]

Zeltros was her home once upon a time and since the jedi had come here they had built Barsoom, a jedi temple under the city and used to train jedi investigators while others do outreach. Dejah the leader of the temple was looking at the information and spoke. The older zeltron turned in her seat in the council chambers. "THe palace is on lockdown... seems there is a protest going on." She said it and stood there, THe Nameless jedi knew she wore regular robes and preferred them but she also had a zeltronian standard as was expected if they had to go outside to blend in. Barsoom relied on no one knowing they existed. "Did they finally find it strange an elected offical who has a term limit has stayed in power and never campaigned nor is a native of the planet like all the previous rulers?" That got a look and some chuckles.. they generally stayed away from the politics on the planet mostly because.... zeltros was a living thing almost and the king, queen, ruler was for the most part just there to find a reason to declare the next party. "Well either way we should report it and send someone over."

Darben Skirae had been within the palace walls when it reached him. He was watching from a window high above, watching the crowd begin to gather. He had heard about it as well. The incident of Umbara, and everything between the Mandalorians and the Silver Jedi Order. All the dealings. All the conflicts they were involved with. Pitted against each other...and he was torn between both. His wife, his queen was of Mandalorian descent. Raised by them. While she also hoped to help the Silver Jedi Order, he was obligated to help with them through Commenor. They had taken Commenor, protected it while the Mandalorians had not joined the fighting.

Darben had no idea what to do about it all. He stepped away as the window closed, before walking off to find his wife. Finding her at her desk. "It is getting bad out there. We need to go to the safe room, call for some help to calm some things down..." There was much more he wanted to say. He dared not say it. "We need to wait this out."

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]

[member="Darben Skirae"]
[member="Nameless One"]

Stardust looked up to darben, her expression was of tiredness and stress, her eyes casted back downwards as she shook her head in disagreement before taking a deep breath and sat up a bit

no...I've done that for too long, hiding and running im tired of it darben...im... I'm tired

She wasnt sure what she was tired of... covering her face she wiped her eyes and stood as she walked to a window, even if she could look outside she felt everyone out there. Sensing their anger and confusion while all she did was hide

why can't I find the strength to head out there...its because I dont know what to say.....what do I say darben? That I dont know?

She put a hand on the window and sighed

i dont know...what to do...

"So do we have a plan?" She said it looking at the one zeltron. "Well first thing we need to do is try and get to the bottom of the situation. The entire situation from looking at it reads.... poorly. An offworlder couple made monarchs of a world and the term limits of our elective monarchy have been abandoned. Add to that the queen is a mandalorian clan leader or such and that adds more to the murkiness of it. Though if I recall information she was involved in things offworld where her clan is based and heavily involved there. Kind of strange to not expect the local jedi temple that trains jedi investigators to investigate."

Dejah was walking and listening mostly as she spoke using the force to guide them through it while she observed most of the things that had been done. "A queen of one planet not working on the world they took over but going somewhere else." Dejah and the nameless jedi were walking and looked at the palace as the crowd were around. Her empathy letting her feel the strange sensation of anger which was almost unheard of on zeltros... and from zeltrons who were more native. "ANything else?" The older zeltron spoke with a shrug of her shoulders. The banning of drugs seemed foolish given that outlawing them only helped the rare hutt who managed to set up shop get more.

She jested to the nameless one. "If someone wants to get drugs they are going to go where the drugs are located and pay for them even more. It has just been made more dangerous now for people to come here which would damage the economy of the world and adversely harm the defense fleet in orbit or reconstruction on hologram fun world. After the Red Queen took it over in the battle with Omni years back." She kept flicking through the information. Outlawing slavery when zeltros had the cafarel trade teaching those who wanted to get out of the streets. THis was displacing entire people and making more homeless, damaging their economy and a cafarel was prized by many.

"Ah I am not certain we have mandalorians attacking at Umbara which seems to have suddenly required the palace here to be targeted which again makes little sense but that is why we are heading in to investigate. I've rarely seen zeltrons on the planet angry enough to do this though." She was looking at it and at the crowd outside as they stood around seeing all of them. "So what is all of this about?" She asked and the one was standing there. "I don't know, everyone was around here and we are whoa aren't you the pop star from...." He seemed to be dazed and the nameless one looked at it as she could see the atmosphere working how it was supposed to. It calmed people and prevented things just like this.

Darben sighed at that. They had done much for Zeltros. Lowered crime rates, he had done all he could do it's trade. Improved upon it, in his mind. All of this was seeming to go bad, to go rotten. All because the Queen was believed to be Mandalorian. Did it not matter that she stood by her people? This ran through his mind as he thought to the rioting he had seen outside. Meanwhile, other thoughts ran by. Thoughts of aid. Who could help them? Someone must be able to...

"We must call for help, Stardust. The Silver Jedi Order, we are in their space. We are on good terms, they will help us" he assured. There would be some to come help them. There was something more going on here. Surely the people were rioting for something more. It could not be just her Mandalorian ties. "Till then...we speak out to the people. We assure them we will put their needs first. What do you say?"

He felt unsure himself at this. But Darben always pushed past the odds. His own doubts.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Nameless One"]

[member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Nameless One"]

She closed her eyes, her husband was correct of course, all she had to do was call the jedi maybe they could help her out...before that she had to go out had to face the people not as stardust but as queen Skirae they one who helped bring security to their people so that daughters and sons may go out and come back without worry of being taken by slavers into a cruel life, so that a party could be a party without someone dying.

Taking a deep breath stardust stood straight and turned to darben as she walked over and bent down to lightly kiss his forehead

send a call to the jedi, I must go speak to my people, they need answers...and I will answer with the truth

She said with confidence, she looked over ti her servant and nodded

lift the lock down.

The man blinked, nervous but obeyed as the windows opened and doors unlocked, stardust strode out onto the path to the doors as they opened up allowing the natural sunlight to flow in and blind her for a second before quickly adjusting to see the crowd gathered. Anger was replaced with surprise the yelling down to a murmur among the crowd as she stood at the top of the steps

my people...I understand most of you are confused and angry. You have every right to be so, I have not been truthful at all even to my own people...for that I am filled with shame

The crowd murmured again, stardust looked among them and removed the crown she had and set it down and did something that would surprise most....she walked down and into the crowd causing some people to part before she stopped andromeda around

but most of the shame I carry, comes from the news I hear...that my clan the one I call family could do something..I cant believe it myself and answer will not come quick...but I cannot focus on them right now for you the people, those that have put me up to the position....need my help first...for you are my family first...and people second

She looked at the temple opening and the crowd suddenly something shifted. Anger came back on a world where it was nearly impossible for thousands upon thousands of years. FIrst instinct was there had been more going on, something was screwing with the atmosphere of the planet to lessen the pheromones which meant aside from the economy the natural defenses of the world were being destroyed. It almost made her annoyed but she listened walking up. "Perhaps if the economy, trade and businesses of the planet hadn't been gutted for the first time in thousands of years. You didn't destroy the original system of government and based on this."

The nameless one held a hand back as Dejah moved towards the crowd. "Didn't do harm to our environment there would be less. Your clan attacking might have just been the last straw that broke the people." She said it seeing the jedi master sending out a small request before turning back. "We are from Barsoom the jedi temple on the planet. When we heard about a possible riot we had to come and investigate. Master Dejah from the temple will work to calm our people." THe other zeltrons from the temple could come but she was looking at her chevron pad for the moment bringing up what they had. "If they are getting angry though like this is could break out in other places, whatever you have done... we'll need to consult the Red Queen on hologram fun world to fix it."

She was mostly contained thankfully and since the silver jedi had taken over her imprisonment she had even given them some of her information about how to coordinate a galaxy wide take over but the AI was powerful and knew how to preserve the functionality of planets if only in the effort to sustain them for future handling. No point everyone rising up. "She might be able to fix the damage that has been done in recent years to our business and trade. Or fix the displaced cafarel workers and entertainers that lost their jobs." It had been great for the temple at Barsoom, they had choice picks of force sensitives but their trade was hedonism and revelry... they didn't have those things anymore after tens of thousands of years so struggling economically as their main exports aside from hologram technology were dancing girls and entertainment.

Darben listened to his wife's words. It was what she expected her to say, at the very least. He wanted to cheer her on. But this was not a time to cheer. But a time to embrace those they looked over. A time to calm the minds, a time to settle. This was where he hoped to shine the brightest, in all his time as the King to his Queen. More than he'd ever done. Taking the stage once she was done, he took all the rumors he had heard to mind. "What Stardust says is true! You are the people who come first! As long as we are here, we hold you in highest regard!" He projected his voice, which strained his vocal chords.

"There was fun to be had before our rule, yes! Complete freedom, a vacation place. But we have kept it so, with the idea of safety in mind! With such freedom there was a price; crime! Spice traders running amok, people disappearing from the streets. We have put a stop to the slavers! We have put in forth the trade of the entertainment industry! Made this a safer vacation spot in the galaxy! And we have also introduced new ways of trade, foods and supplies to share! This has become a place of comfort, of a secure time to spend in peace! We may have taken much from you, but we have given back safety! We have given back a prideful society to thrive! No longer will people disappear! No longer will the spice trade force people to the streets, or be the culprits to deaths! We will thrive!"

After that, he stepped back. Coughing a bit, yet grinning to himself. "My throat hurts from all that...first time I ever managed to even pull off a speech." But nonetheless, he was proud of having done so.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]

[member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Nameless One"] @Stardust Solus Skirae

Stardust locked eyes with this...zeltron. was she challenging her? Right in this crowd? Bring up nonexistent issues? The crowd looked between them as stardust stepped forth to be within a few feet of the jedi, the crowd would see stardust go from relaxed and calm to standing straight and staring down her

I'm glad to see...the jedi have arrived finally..I expected such

She said calmly as the people murmured about, listening as the woman spoke, eyes narrowed at her as she blamed stardust for again stuff that didn't exist. Anger welled up within stardust but she kept a calm surface

alright...alright

She walked to the side nodding then walked back staring both down

must've stayed in that fething temple for years...before I took the throne...slavery was rampant, drugs use was at a all time high...deaths from both were high

shes right! My sister was taken by some trandos! Right from our home!

my two brothers died from overdosing!

Murmurs of agreement spread through, stardust got within inches of the two and then crouched to be eye level

I dont know who the feth you two think you are....you sound like some people wishing to ruin the peace I've brought....feth off...I'll wait until a jedi master arrives...not some...slaver loving ferfeks

The crowd turned their attention, no longer were they angry with the queen but someone who dared to say they needed slavery and the spice trade back..they grew angry at the 'jedi'

what type of jedi are you! traitors!

The Nameless one listened to the sspeech and cringed... zeltros again relied on legal slavery, cafarels were a part of the economy. So that was harm, crime on zeltros was like invading armies didn't work all that good. If it was as rampent as he claimed then it wouldn't have been a vacation spot for several thousand years. Again... lies, slander and lack of historical information about the world. Spice.. well spice was going to be at any party location you couldn't stop it and reinforcing the already illegal things would just mean people would still pay for it. Or do worse, that might have actually not harmed aside from forcing more people to go to the hutts which could be dangerous.

She looked at Ami who was approaching. "So any news?" The master of the temple spoke. "No not really his claims are baseless, I mean I love the holodramas where the great ofworlder comes and saves th savages by virtue of being he Nameless one nodded her head, it was eve making her want to snicker and laugh something she didn't do. She imagined the works of the people on zeltros like Danger would laugh as well. With her companion houses and reputation no one really messed with Danger's businesses. Still she felt she had to address it as it was causing sudden unrest. "Do you have proof? She stepped to the side and looked there.

"Proof of all this, I can look at our criminal reports from the last thousand years and it is doubtful. Zeltros didn't kill its people that is bad for business, it relied on the cafarel... legal entertainment slaves who joined the houses for room and board and would eventually take them over if they were skilled enough. You've cleared land for food except we had moons that did that. We have hologram fun world which has been locked down with the Clockwork rebellion when the Red Queen used it because of how safe and unassuming zeltros was to position herself." She looked down at the people and pointed.

"Those are cafarels, people you put on the streets, you did away with our government that has been around for thousands of years, you have people for the first time in tens of thousands of years getting angry and possibly rioting. That means our environment is being damaged and the pheromones are no longer saturating. This takes away our defense against invasion. You've hurt us and shown little to no caring aside from saying you have made us better. The offworlders who seized the planet saving the primitive galactic society that has survived longer then most of the governments in existance today. Even the Silver Jedi respected the people and got them to help with the transition by making outreach in Barsoom."

She stood next to the jedi master from Barsoom when she clasped her hands in front of herself under the cloak. "Your narrative is good, it makes for an amazing fiction but the facts and history speak to you falsehoods. The corruption runs deep.. but sadly and shamefully the jedi can't save the people by getting involved in you. JUst have to watch and observe if these riots become a rebellion to try and restore the elective monarchy instead of rulers for life." She said it but was walking towards the cafarels and zeltrons with a look as she opened herself up tot he force and her pheromones. "Be calm, return to your homes and if you don't have those we'll take you to Barsoom to house as many as we can."

She looked at Star the queen and shrugged. "See you want to claim good works but the only times you have been on planet is when it might benefit you. You have ruined our economy, displace millions of our people, oppressed them and above all you expect them to thank you. Gutting a culture offworlder because it doesn't fit what you want it to be. Destroying a planet to solely benefit you and expecting the people to thank you is cruel." She said it and kept walking with the people. "Come on we can get some of you to karatos as well for food. THen we'll see about getting up to the re queen and getting a full idea of what has happened."

The nameless one looked at Ami who was the jedi master in charge of the temple on the planet. THen she looked at the sudden influx of people who were complaining and doubling down. Seemed convenient that suddenly here and now there was instances instead of 'oh it was everywhere' seemed rather... strange and convenient rather then actually truthful. "We have been in the temple helping the people, serving the government as advisors until you got rid of them. We would likely also support your peace if it was real."

"She spread her hands out to indicate the suden appearance of people saying it wasn't. "Obviously it isn't, so offworlder yes slavery was rampant it was also legal. the vafarel again we will repeat was legal slavery on the planet and has existed for thousands of years. THey provide entertainment, they also pay taxes from the credits they get from offworlders into the economy and have been one of the foundations in our entertainment districts. Drugs are always going to be used in a party planet dedicated to hedonism."

She rolled her eyes though at it. "You are a twi'lek I imagine seeing a world where exotic dancers who are willing was a shock, I imagine a world that doesn't get invaded easily or often was appealing... but you are not zeltron. You do not show any understanding of our culture, you show no respect to the people by taking away what makes them zeltrons. Your first reaction when faced with anything is to lock yourself away and then claim you didn't do bad you were good compared to how it was.... which was freedom and prosperity."

Now she had to chuckle a little at that. "Though it seems to be too dense an idea to conceive that you might actually harm people by destroying what makes them a people. Wasting our time here trying to convince you that you are foreign and committed a hostile act then tore everything down and couldn't bother to replace it with something either better and more functional or at the very least respectable." She looked back around though and doubted two zeltrons in a crowd of zeltrons would inspire them to turn away from an offworlder... if anything it added to a list of things to continue investigating for force manipulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom