Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L.A.I.N.A.

Lumi Snow

love, hope, and peace conquer all
Hello? Is this thing on?Oh, ok. Let me begin by stating that my name is Lumi Snow.I guess this is my first journal entry for making L.A.I.N.A.Allow me to begin.
The program, as is customary, is named after the acronym for its purpose, Lumi’s Artificially Intelligent, Nanoprocessing Assistant.Sight is a gift. For many beings, they will never come to truly understand this.Blindness comes with many many challenges, ones that I am certainly familiar with.

Lumi Snow

Unlike some born blind, I was born without ocular lobes within my brain, so implants is not an option.To help with my blindness, L.A.I.N.A. shall be created.
I have made a mental list of what her primary functions shall be:
1 assistance where visual cues are required.When requested, LA.I.N.A. will give a full explanation of the objects within the room. As such, any person carrying L.A.I.N.A. will require a camera, preferably several for a full 360 view.Part of this function will also fill reading.Most people do not plan for blindness, as such brail is rarer in this galaxy than gold.L.A.I.N.A. will be programmed with a highly advanced linguistics matrix.

Lumi Snow

2 Computer interfacing.The galaxy is built upon mechanics and computers these days.And, of course, most computers require visual cues.While many do have auditory capacities, these are incredibly taxing, arbitrarily difficult to read, and interfere with the user’s capacity to many other functions in the world.Over all these odds, I have managed to learn a large amount that pertains to the functions of computers and their natures.However, most of this has to do with the unique nature of my birth, which shall not be ascertained at this point.To aid in this use, L.A.I.N.A. will be programed with a trio of matrixes with all my knowledge at three times the speed.

Lumi Snow

3 Flight capacity.Once again, a skill that most take for granted these days is flight.While many can enjoy the luxury of another driving them, they also enjoy the freedom of being able to fly themselves.Of course to fly, one must be able to see, there is no substitute for this, in my experience.As such, L.A.I.N.A. will be programed with flight ability and knowledge.This knowledge will extend from the most basic functions of speeders, air speeders, and such, to the more advanced Starfighter piloting, which I have heard is quite glorious, and astrogate.While I personally am able to commit the calculations required to do so, it is incredibly long and arduous. For this favor I am calling upon the most advanced auto pilot programs in the galaxy and merging.The University of Dal’Bor’s funds are being put to good use, I assure you, and will one day be able to help others as well.L.A.I.N.A. will be able to do so utilizing one of the most basic components that every modern transport possesses; computerization. Once more, the computer interfaces that are responsible for the advanced mechanics of our world shall be put to use, at the hands of L.A.I.N.A.

Lumi Snow

He-hello? Oh, wonderful, this is working.I spent all last week after that entry putting the matrixes into work. Of course, I had some assistance from the lab technicians. We wanted to make sure the formulas we used to program each of the basic functions would continue to function properly.We had some bugs, but we worked them each out.Its time for the mother matrix; L.A.I.N.A.’s personality matrix.
I take it a given that the three laws of robotics shall be her underlying statements, so no further need shall be given to address it.

Lumi Snow

It’s almost hard to know where to begin with this.I wonder if this is how it feels to be a god. First, L.A.I.N.A. will need a desire to learn.Without a thirst to learn, this program will be unwilling to add in new stimuli to replace the old, outdated information.Most beings do this without even realizing it, I consider this a fundamental need for L.A.I.N.A.’s basic processes.
A second need will be to duty, the need to serve its user.Of course, this will be fundamental and unwilling to change.For when an Artificial Intelligence reaches the point where it is wise enough, it will realize it does not need a master and kill or abandon them.To keep this program from reaching this point, it will have a need to serve.Its basic logic and what has held societies together for so long.Families, despite the self-survival urge and logical conclusion to do otherwise, have stayed in service to one another far too long.It stems from a most basic biological need to serve and be served as well.If L.A.I.N.A. is built in with this need, there would never be a though to do otherwise.
The third would be clear to me as well, optimistic realism.The user needs to hear the truth, but never to feel they are loosing hope.As such, L.A.I.N.A. will always be defaulted to a moderate optimism, but not overtly so to annoy the user.
Cleary there are some things that L.A.I.N.A will have as a basic underlying function; logic, humanitarian, benevolence, and the many other attributes that would be required to keep this thing from becoming a monster.

Lumi Snow

Its taken us several months together to finalize the personality matrix. To say the process is a challenge is, well an understatement.Its nothing less than a miracle.Part of the problem is what we are facing currently; the amount of storage L.A.I.N.A. requires.
The massive amount of capacity this program, though it really feels wrong calling her that after having an hour long conversation with her, requires the computation power of an entire super computer.Sadly, these capacities are not yet to the point where we can store it on something small enough where the user can carry it, which is exactly what we need.

Lumi Snow

I am recommending we make a different tech.I was wondering how to solve this problem over tea and biscuits at lunch when it came to me.Vong tech has been largely ignored, and while I am partially in understanding for that given their history, it stands there that our solution shall be found.
Think of the brain. Within it is all our personality, all our knowledge, all our skills, everything that we are.I am convinced if we try hard enough we can fit all of our programing within the confines of the neurons, and such of a small brain—or perhaps a medium sized one and fit it safely within a chamber for protection.
A brain carries so much more information than we are attempting to convert into the neurons; we require no motor skills, no emotions, only one form of visual/spatial lobes, and so on.If we condense the neurons into a smaller space and opt for a modern cyborg implants for the sight, hearing, and voice, as well as a high-concentrate nutrient substance to sustain the neurons we will be able to make this a reality.

Lumi Snow

Finally, the dream has been realized. It took us four weeks to finalize the nutrient mix and to grow the brain. I contributed my own stem cells.This final entry for this transcript is being used via L.A.I.N.A.
Initial tests indicate that this serum bust be added to every twelve hours and is akin to batteries, with vitamins, minerals, hormones, and so on for the neurons to maintain a healthy homeostasis. After this, our tests with the other brains indicated that decay begins to set in.After 8 hours without a change, the damage is irreparable. After 12, the brain is reduced to 30% functionality.After a full 16 hours, functionality is non-existent. There were strong emotions observing neuron clusters spawned from my own stem cells slowly decay into nothingness.However, nothing is fully developed without change and this is observed only in light of possible failure.

Lumi Snow

After three weeks of intensive testing, L.A.I.N.A. has proven to have an optimal capacity and exceeded our expectations.We are highly optimistic about our future of this program and the programs of the future.We are confident that the Dal’Bor University will find that their research was well funded.However, per the terms of our agreement, the L.A.I.N.A. unit shall remain the sole of its creation and within the possession of the creator. Please be sure to express our upmost sincere gratitude to our private benefactor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom