Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Kyr'gal; The Mandalorian Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
20050310vritra_zpssg0zszrg.jpg

Name: Kyr'gal; The Mandalorian Viper
Designation: No
Homeworld: Mandalore
Language: None
Average height of adults: 5.5 Meters Long, .3 Meters (girth; ~14 inches)
Skin color: Greens, Browns, and Blacks
Hair color: None
Breathes: Type I
Strengths:
  • Deadly Venom as adults with a single bite holding enough venom to kill close to 200 humans.
  • Adolescent Venom, while not deadly, can put down two banthas. Powerful tranquiler
  • Strong muscles allow it to stand up nearly 3 meters of its length
  • Quick and agile
  • Snake sensory (What you would expect from a snake)
Weaknesses:
  • Despite its length and girth, it is not wired as a constrictor and thus cannot and will not strangle opponents or prey
  • Poor night vision
  • Easy to kill
  • Bit force is weak
  • Cannot open its mouth when clamped shut by even just basic hand strength
  • Rare
Distinctions:
  • Thick, angular skull
  • Thick, long body
  • Long fangs
Average Lifespan: 25 Years~
Races:
  • Concord Dawn Variant: Venom is less potent, but still deadly. Grow to be around 6.6 Meters
Estimated Population: 100,000~
Diet: Carnivorous
Communication: Tongue flicks, body language, hisses
Culture: Incredibly dangerous snakes it took several thousand years to develop an antivenom for the snake. Both feared and respected in Mandalorian space the Mandalorian Viper. It was named Kyr'gal, or Death Ale, because one drop of the venom in a mug of ale could kill a man. In reality a bite holds enough venom to kill almost 200 humans and left untreated can kill a man in less than twenty minutes. Even if treated side effects such as necrosis at the site of the bite can cause complications for the rest of the victims life. For centuries it was a highly coveted substance for use in assassinations and kidnappings as the adolescent venom, when synthesized with other chemicals, makes a potent tranquilizer for humans. It was also used by rich big game hunters in its pure form to take down gigantic beats as one bite from an adolescent held enough venom to knock out 2 Banthas. Clan Munin at some point adopted the visage of the Mandalorian Viper as their clan sigil. At least one bar on Mandalore sells a drink with a small amount of chemically altered juvinile venom called the Jaro, which translated from Mando'a means Death Wish. It is served at Dralshy'a in a glass casted from a cracked Kyr'gal eggshell. Mostly offworlders or stupid, young Mandalorians trying to impress someone drink it. It tastes horible. Don't do it. Customers have reported loss of feeling in various parts of their bodies for several days after drinking the Jaro.
Technology level: N/A
General behavior: The Kyr'gal is a solitary predator that lives alone for most of its life. The only time it is not alone is during mating season where it mates and lays eggs. Once the eggs are laid the couple will split up and the male will lay the eggs and leave them to hatch or be eaten by other Kyr'gal. The Mandalorian Viper is also an ambush predator but it is not a patient one. If it is time to eat they will slither between several predetermined locations and wait for food or catch it on the way, swallowing it whole. They mostly eat medium sized game and small game.
History: Throughout the Mandalorians' history the Kyr'gal's venom was used to kill and incapacitate enemies. At some point an offworlder got wind of the venom and attempted to make a profit off of the viper's venom. The Mandalorians sold crates of the snake to the man who then traveled back home, stopping by Concord Dawn on the way. The shipment was intercepted by Mandalorian raiders on the order of the Mand'alor who stole and released the snakes, ruining the merchant's business and netting the Mandalorians a hefty sum of credits. However as a result the snakes were released on to Concord Dawn and subsequently got larger, becoming one of the most feared predators on that planet. Thousands of years later they still retain that title.
Intent: To provide a creature in Mandalorian lore for clan Munin's sigil and provide an interesting creature to SW Chaos

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Okay so a few things that need addressed or touched up. I shall list them below:

• Gilamar Skirata said:
    14.6 Inches (girth)
    Switch this to the metric system please

• Gilamar Skirata said:
    Deadly Venom as adults Adolescent Venom, while not deadly, can put down two banthas. Powerful tranquiler
    So here I would like a little clarification. You state here that an adolescent's bite can take down two banthas, but later in the sub you say it can take down 20. And for the adult, can you list the potency in the strength section as well.

• Gilamar Skirata said:
    Average Lifespan: 40 Years~
    40 years seems a little long for a snake's lifespan in the wild. Was doing a little research and I'm mainly seeing 20 for wild snakes is a solid number.
Might need some dev for this one, just because of how deadly it is and the venom, but that will be determined by how much the actual potency is

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Taeli Raaf said:
Switch this to the metric system please
Edited; Also put the girth in inches. I can't really visualize what meters looks like in such small numbers and also put inches in parentheses (sue me I'm an American)

Taeli Raaf said:
So here I would like a little clarification. You state here that an adolescent's bite can take down two banthas, but later in the sub you say it can take down 20.
Mistype: Edited the correct number is 2

Taeli Raaf said:
And for the adult, can you list the potency in the strength section as well.
Not sure what you mean here by potency

Taeli Raaf said:
40 years seems a little long for a snake's lifespan in the wild. Was doing a little research and I'm mainly seeing 20 for wild snakes is a solid number.
RL shouldn't have any (or little) bearing on how long a fantasy, alien life form can live, and what would be considered extraterrestrial life to earth. We have bear/carpet people that live for hundreds of years, a 40 y/o snake shouldn't be that big of an issue. Live a little :D

That said...edited so I can get this through faster

While there are various biological issues contained within this submission that go against pretty much everything we know of in nature, I'm going to approve this submission due to the vast array of supremely oversized and lethal creatures already native and canon to SW.

Aside from that, it fits the theme of the planets you're placing them on.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom