Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kwookrrr Business GR/Lucerne Contract

The shuttle emerged out of hyperspace above the industrial world of Kwookrrr. Willam had never been to the world and as he look out at it he was surprised. He expected a jungle world like Kashyyyk. This had been a wookiee colony after all. What he saw was nothing like the tree covered world he expected. A world of factories and farmland lay before him with little to no real jungle or forest terrain. Forlon thought about it for a moment longer then shrugged, It was not what he expected but then again nothing ever really was.

The shuttle turned its nose down and shot into the worlds atmosphere like a comet. The small craft shuttered from turbulance then an instance later stopped as it broke through the upper atmosphere and moved into land at the designated pad. As the shuttle veered and sped into position the massive complex that was Lucerne Labs spread out across acres of land. Factories and officers littered the landscape around the facility. IN the center was a large open clearing which was the facilities private starport. The shuttle slowed as it made its way into the center of the facility and sat down on the assigned pad. The ship shuttered as it touched down and air hissed as the ship came to rest and the landing struts relaxed from the shock of the crafts mass.

"We are here" said Lieutenant Franc as he turned and flung himself out of the pilots chair with a side cocked smile. The man was good and expected even the simplest of landing to shock and amaze everyone at his prow ace as a pilot. Forlon eyed the man wwho promptly broke direct eye contact and sat back down in his chair. Forlon did not smile but inside he chuckled a bit at the man. He was good but his ego often cost him any aclaim he may have earned and limited his usefulness to Forlon. But he was a good pilot so he would always have that going for him.

Forlon stood and walked to the aft hatch and waited for it to open. The ramp extended down tot he pad and the door slid open to an inrush of fresh air tinged with a slight smell of oil and cleaning detergents. He expected they were close to some sort of manufacturing faculty. He turned to make sure his two aids were behind him More body guards than aid but Willam did not think of them as such. He, in his mind, did not need guarding. But he did need assistants so that is how he refereed to them even at their dismay. General Forlon stepped out onto the ramp then walked down and stepped onto the pad. a group of men waited for him in the distance. he eyed then, nodded then walked over to them.

A mon calamari male wearing one of Lucerne Lab's ubiquitous gray jumpsuits stepped out from the group of men to walk towards [member="Willam Forlon"] and his newly landed shuttle. He tugged slightly at his uniform as a female bothan wearing a similar jumpsuit slinked in to stalk next to him. He turned his bulbous eyes to briefly gaze into those of the bothans.

"First time without Gir."

"I have trust in you. We can do this."

"An odd thing for you to say."

She barked a small laugh, "True, I suppose...but that's part of the game...knowing who to trust...and who not to trust."

"Do we trust him?"

"We trust the organization behind the man," said the bothan, "but I do not think we should trust him personally...not out of any official capacity...at least not yet..."

The two engineers neared the Republic soldiers. Salmakk felt his stomach contort ever so slightly, much like he did after eating slightly spoiled seafood. But he knew that was not the case now...no, it was the dry heat of the world and the responsibility placed on him that made him feel so nervous. Gir, you just had to up and leave now, did you? He turned his eyes to scan the uniforms of the man present. If his association with the admiral had taught Salmakk anything, it was understanding the military and its nature. he quickly realized who Forlon was and stretched out a webbed hand to him.

"General Forlon, welcome to Kwookrrr, I trust your trip here wasn't too bad?"

Reshmar eyed the Mon Calamari man as he neared him. He stepped forward and extended his hand. [member="Salmakk"] looked like all the other Mon Calamari Willam had meet, wet patchy skin, webbed fingers and the bulbous eyes. He knew many of the race but as of yet could tell one from another. He took the mans hand and shook it them looked around at the place he now stood. around him he could see hangers and other craft stowed away in corners and landing berths. A taller building sat off to the left which Forlon expected was the ports control tower. That or some office complex for Lucerne Labs. He shook the mans hand turning his attention back to the Mon Calamari.

"I suppose the trip was ok. As good as one could expect in a box like that one." Forlon pointed over his shoulder with his free hand to the shuttle behind him. "I was under the understanding that Admiral Quee would great me here? I am guessing that is not the case as I do not see him. May I ask your name sir?" Willam said releasing the mon calamaris hand. He stared at the man awaiting an answer.

"I'm afraid that Mister Quee will not be in attendance today..." revealed Salmakk.

The mon calamari briefly paused, wondering if it was best to divulge where Gir actually was. He quickly glanced at Azira, but the bothan female remained unreadable to him. Best to keep things safe and quiet...especially if Gir didn't tell him about where he is...

"...but my name is Salmakk. I'm the head engineer here at Lucerne Labs, and Admiral Quee's stepbrother. My family adopted him in his youth when his biological parents disappeared...but that's ancient history, I suppose. Please...right this way."

Salmakk led [member="Willam Forlon"] and his retinue down the pathway into the bunker-like complex that served as both Lucerne Labs factory and its headquarters. Kwookrrr Motors, the former owners of the facility, had attempted to begin blending the rough industrial look of the former Imperial factory into something more natural and fitting for the native wookiee population. Moss and wild grasses had begun to climb and descend the straight duracrete walls of the facility, and a number of Wroshyr trees across the facility grounds and on the roofs were beginning to go past the sapling stage and turn into young trees. A set of gray-green blast doors slid open to admit them into facility, and a short turbolift ride later, the group found themselves standing on the living roof of the facility. Salmakk led them to a group of wrought iron patio furniture arrayed underneath the branches of one of their larger Wroshyr trees.

"I hope this is to your liking," said Salmakk, sweeping a webbed hand across the scene, "most of our visitors have traveled along the hyperlanes long enough that they like a little fresh air. Of course, we do have an indoors conference room, if you'd prefer...can I provide any refreshments for you sir, or any members of your party?"

Willam nodded negativly and spoke to the man. "No thank you. I am here for business, I do not have time for pleasantries but I do thank you for your offer, and this is fine no need going inside." Said the Man.

Willam took a moment to take in the view. He was in a hurry but dd not want to seem inhospitable. He was not good with people in general. He often put off people, or so he was told. It was not intentional, he just saw very little use in formalities. He was there for a reason and to that endeavor he devoted all his energy.

"I do not mean to be rude, I do not like when plans change and I am not in control of the issue. I am aware this is my issue not yours. I assume you have full authority to handle the business I have come here to deal with?" Ask Forlon eyeing the Mon Calamari man.

[member="Salmakk"]

"I have my brother's power of attorney," bubbled Salmakk, taking a seat, "to take care of any of our business dealings in his absence. But in truth, I might be better to deal with because I know more of the day-to-day realities of the Labs operations-"

Salmakk abruptly halted his speech, catching himself before he started to ramble. The mon calamari noticed that several of the other lab employees seemed more tense than normal. Given that the physical environment itself was any different than normal, that all of the employees seemed fine just before the meeting, and that he wasn't aware of any drama unfolding in the workplace, it only left the presence of [member="Willam Forlon"] and his men as a likely factor for their tension. And I'm still not good at reading humans...except for Gir...He glanced at Azira, but the bothan seemed nonplussed as she slinked over to stand over Salmakk. She gave the Republic officer a toothy smile.

"Salmakk and I have prepared one of the units for your inspection if you would prefer to see one in person before moving onto the paperwork..."

Willam nodded to the female then spoke. "By all means, I would like to see one of the units. I have read the data sent to me and I must admit I am impressed." Willam said motioning for the Mon Cal and Bothan to lead the way. He had indeed been impressed with the stealth craft. He had realized a need for such a craft when he and his marines had assaulted the shipyards of Roche. Such a craft would have allowed him o get into position with far less opposition. That in itself could have saved some of the lives of then he had lost in the operation.

"How soon could we expect delivery once we have placed the order?" Forlon asked as the group began to walk across the platform.

[member="Salmakk"]

Salmakk stopped himself and glanced between Azira and [member="Willam Forlon"]. Does he know about GRIM uses them? Maybe not...I suppose the government departments might not talk very much though...especially with a secretive organization like GRIM...Salmakk debated if he should reveal that to the trooper.

"The ships are already under production for use by another element of the Republic," revealed the mon calamari, "we can begin deliveries today, if you so wished. However, it might take some time to fully ramp up production if you need large numbers of this craft. It would mostly be an issue of gathering the necessary materials. Not all of them are easily acquired in large amounts."

Forlon nodded and listened to the Mon Calamari. He knew of the use of the vessels by other elements of the Republic. That was one of the main reasons he had been interested in acquiring the vessels. His order, however was a large one compared to what the Republic had requested in the past. HE waited for the man to finish and spoke.

"Mister Salmakk, I am looking to buy all you have on hand. Also, I would like another thousand craft if possible. I am instituting these as the standard Spec Ops transport for the Republic." said Willam grinning at the man.

Salmakk's eyes widened. Did he just say a thousand? He eyed the man in front of him carefully. Salmakk wasn't terribly good at reading human emotions. He glanced at the others around them, but none of them seemed either offended or amused. Based on that, he postulated that the man wasn't joking. Salmakk turned his eyes to Azira, but even the bothan seemed at a loss for words.

"We will get to work on that right away," said Salmakk.

"I'm certain that with some work, good sir," said Azira, "that we can...acquire the materials to meet that order in an expedient manner."

Salmakk nodded. Even if we do, it's likely that they'll be occasional losses from combat or accidents...they may continue to order more as replacements. Despite the logistical challenge of making so many craft, Salmakk felt a wave of satisfaction wash over him. He knew that Gir had made a gamble in investing so much in the stealth technology to make the craft, yet it seemed to be a gamble that paid off. That's why he makes the strategic decisions I guess. Salmakk offered the datapad to Forlon.

"If you'll just sign right there, we'll get to work on supplying your people with their ships."

The mon calamari watched the soldier sign it, yet Salmakk continued to feel a tide of conflicting emotions as the contract was finalized. As the human finished the final stroke with the stylus, the mon calamari was already thinking of where they could acquire more reflect. We may need to tap into Azira's connections...but I'm certain we'll get this done one way, or another...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom