Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krayt Dragon

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]
Tracyn and Qae had a very simple agreement, for the viewers tuning in for the first time after the TV broke: Qae would teach Tracyn how to not suck at lightsabers by teaching the Mandalorian supercommando how to Djem So. This was a fairly simple concept that was best executed by actually practising, which Qae was going to do for him. Interspersed with this would be some words of wisdom, of course, to keep him on track.

Their little duel in Tracyn's ersatz battle-circle had started simply enough: both starting from high guard, Tracyn lashed out with a kick, which Qae countered by attacking the leg with his saber set to its lowest power setting. So too followed Tracyn with a slash from below, which Qae knocked asside effortlessly, blade already in position.

"Create openings and attack them," said Qae as he circled Tracyn now, back in his high guard. "You can't just attack the same spot over and over again. It's like punching into someone's guard - you'll never get through the shield. You need to overcome what I'm throwing at you. Pure ferocity!"

Hopefully, the encouragement would be enough.

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Ferocity was something that the FORMER Mandalorian was good at. The pain in his leg was only temporary, but his focus wasn't now. He assumed the same high guard, calculating his next movement. He needed to create an opening- so he looked at the placement of the saber.

Like Qae said earlier, Tracyn was the sledgehammer. He had a significant height and muscle mass advantage over the other man, and he needed to play that to his advantage. He brought his saber behind his back like a sledgehammer, and then went from a vertical smash on his blade, near the tip. The tip being the part where the balance could be thwarted, but not close enough to the tip of the blade to where he could just move it back slightly to avoid the smashing attack.

@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Balance on a blade that was literally weightless was meaningless. This was why non-Force Users needed specific training with a lightsaber; the physical mechanics of the blade were enough to boggle the mind. No weight in the sword, and a constant gyroscopic effect that, if left unchecked, would have the blade spinning on its own if left active. A lightsaber duel was less about disruping the blade's balance as it was disrupting the flow of attacks. A good duelist knew how to do things with direct attacks to the blade.

For instance, the honour sash was perfect. Okay, this was more Shii-cho, but it was a good technique here; Qae brought his saber across his body in his right hand, tip pointing down and left hand horizontal. With a sidestep, it became a powerful evade. The sword circled behind his back for the left hand to join it behind his head, then step forward into a diagonal power slash of his own with Tracyn's saber down, from Qae's right side. Follow that up with a one-handed riposte back up the other way with another forward step and you could see why Qae as a master of balance and timing, given the fact that his body was so utterly close to Tracyn's literally smothering his arms with a flurry of attacks, getting closer each time to prevent him from raising his sword and making another cut.

Alan

Tracyn didn't like to be put into a flurry. In fact, it was not a good idea to put any Mandalorian Super Commando, or former, into any sort of extremely close range situation. Tracyn wheeled his arm backwards, letting the blade skim off what would be a majority of his bicep armor (or arm) in favor of smashing his lightsaber against @[member="Qae Shena"]'s. Tracyn needed to play his strengths against the man. He wasn't as skilled as he was with a blade, that was for damn sure. So Tracyn had to do what he did best. Tracyn grimaced as the pain in his arm burned for a moment, but he held his blade against Qae Shena's, nonetheless. A testament to his ferocity, in all forms.

"The Krayt Dragon, also doesn't like to be put in a bad situation. And when it does, it usually reacts unwell."
The Jedi Knight said, one leg stepping between Qae's, and then Tracyn pressed on his blade with just one hand, losing some leverage, and grasped Qae with his free-hand by his shirt, and sought to throw him to the ground, due to his leg being between his, the leg that Tracyn was throwing over it would become a fulcrum, and most likely throw Qae to the ground. Normally Tracyn did it with two hands, but the fact that Tracyn could bench the same weight that Qae was on any given day, meant that he wasn't shooting entirely out of his league in the strength department here. He also wondered if the lack of pressure on the saber-lock would hurt him in the end, but the judo-like throw would hopefully, give him some breathing room.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

The saber-lock was a given, really; Djem So tactics favoured them for temporary breathing room and to press the advantage. However, Qae had a tried and true method for dealing with saber-locks, especially when he was putting his own (still considerable) strength into it - instead of fighting it, he used the tactic of trakata, the activation and deactivation of a lightsaber blade, taught to him to mastery by his mentor, Ashin Varanin. Passing a one-handed saber lock was easy business, for Qae. While Tracyn grabbed him, he'd already turned his saber off and on past his guard, and put it right near Tracyn's neck.

Then, as he went with the throw, Qae went down, whirling his saber on ine hand as he went through in a graceful motion, like a dance in mid-air - and it ended with a straight thrust the second his back hit the ground, to Tracyn's chest.

Qae deactivated his lightsaber and stood up, staring at the larger warrior.

"You just died twice, krayt dragon," Qae told him sternly. "Your obsession with hand-to-hand combat in a sword duel is going to mean your life! An arm is a liability, a hand or leg a tool to be used against you! You have no set-up, no will to fight with the blade - no commitment! Does a krayt dragon fight half-heartedly? No! You hold in your hands one of the greatest weapons ever invented and you neglect to use it."

The Master-at-Arms sighed and stared down the blonde-haired warrior, trying to keep his composure. He sighed, long and loud. "I understand you are not comfortable with the lightsaber and that you rely on brute strength. But a lightsaber duel, even as an exponent of Djem So, is not all about brute strength. I don't feel like you are fighting me. I feel like you're flailing desperately to find some high ground to grab on to. Ignore your fists and feet. If I have to power my lightsaber back up to prove my point, I will do so, because no Sith, no mercenary, will hesitate to remove the offending limb that you've just given to them on a platter. I can teach you the techniques, but you have to be the one to wield the lightsaber."

Alan

Tracyn reached up to his neck, pulling off the amulet from his neck. He held it out, dropping it to the ground. He reached for his belt, dropping it to the ground. He reached down to his heavy magnetic boots, letting them fall to the dirt. He dropped everything that wasn't his pants, letting it all fall to the ground. He was practically naked now, except for the lightsaber in his hand. He spun it to the Jedi ready, leaning back on one leg, and his dominant leg out first. The weapon was pointed to the sky, the blue blade contrasting in the setting sun. He remained there for a moment, studying @[member="Qae Shena"]. He stared at him for a long while before speaking."The greatest weapon means nothing when it has no great user. At the end of the day, my lightsaber is practically the same as the next guy waving around one of these."

The wind came and blew his hair a tiny bit, his eyes now being entirely focused on Qae Shena. There was something different about him now, something that no one couldn't place a finger on. It wasn't an edge, it was more of a drive. He remained still, and then gave off a sort of snarl, coming towards Qae Shena in a double step attack. The first step brought his lightsaber down and to the right, cutting towards his leg. The next step brought him to the side, meaning that if his attack didn't follow through, he was still at his side, and the direction of the saber meant that he could parry the next attack. He needed to fight less like he was holding a rifle and Qae also had a rifle, and not fight like he had a beskad in his hands. Smashing may have worked well, but this time, he needed to be more precise. He couldn't always be so...sledgehammer like. He also needed to be more surgical with his attacks, more precise. His body dripped with sweat, but the fatigue didn't seem to phase Tracyn, in fact, it seemed to drive him just a tiny bit more, to do a little better, to do one more.

And that, was what was going through his head as he simply sliced at Qae Shena.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

"That is because you are not disciplining yourself to fight with the lightsaber," said the Master-at-Arms curtly. Being an expert in both Echani and the lightsaber, he was uniquely suited to this conversation. The realms of battle were his forte, combat his life. Mandalorians were not the only warrior tradition in the Galaxy. Their near neighbours, the Echani, were also warriors for life. Even some Jedi had that aspect. Qae was one such person; he had taken up the love of arms and battle for the sake of his art.

In Tracyn's hand was one of the greatest weapons that anyone could ever hold, and it was only now that he would learn to use it. Very well. Qae would be the deliverance he needed.

A cut towards the leg could be handled, Qae activating his blade right into the path of the lightsaber and taking it in two hands, providing a solid block. Then, from there, it was a simple matter of a graceful pivot on the ball of one foot to spin his body towards Tracyn even as he stepped, using the beautiful momentum of the turn to effect a perfect horizontal slash right at his opponent. Then, a step forward, and with saber in two hands, the blade came over his head and straight back down, stepping forward - right into Tracyn's comfort zone, where he'd have to move backwards or do something drastic.

Alan

Despite what @[member="Qae Shena"] thought, the comfort zone of Tracyn was in the heat of combat, right in the middle of it. Tracyn was already in a good position to block the incoming attack, the first being horizontal. Tracyn saw him step forward, and knew exactly that he couldn't move his arms much else, so Tracyn brought the saber upwards, using the momentum of the blade to drive it away from him, down and to the left. The saberlock was something that he obviously was going to be very good at, and it gave him lots of chances to do all sorts of nasty things to the opponent. Tracyn used his shoulder to shove off Qae, and due to the proximity, most likely would succeed. He stepped backwards, after having shoved him back slightly. He stared at Qae, and then took a deep breath before holding the blade.

"You remind me of Lithis, in a way."He said quietly, spinning the lightsaber around, before going back to the Jedi ready stance. He put one knee outwards, giving him the appearance of aggressively leaning forward, while he actually was putting himself into a more defensive stance. It was a common tactics used by wolves who were hunting alone. Down and low, was Tracyn.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Once again, Tracyn did not attack - still on the defensive, still trying to wait and protect. There was nothing in it. Qae knew that was, partly, his fault. There was no ferocity, no drive. Tracyn was being a patient hunter, one suited more to another Form, perhaps... it was a long shot, but Qae could see it now. It was said that a practitioner of Echani learned more in the exchange of combat than they could with any number of flowery words. In this moment, Qae knew it to be true; as a student of Echani and a long-time aficionado of the lightsaber, he knew those nuances, how to read them and how to interpret them.

The Mandalorian was a wolf, not a dragon, despite best intent.

"Attack me if you dare."

Qae went back to a guard he was comfortable with, the Ataru one - saber vertical in two hands, hilt near the face, knees bent and slightly wide, hips turned off slightly to present a smaller target. If Tracyn was to be the patient hunter he would have far better served Soresu or Makashi, but no. His will was to be the dragon and use his strength.

Could he?

"Or are you too afraid that a little Nautolan, an Echani, will beat you and strip your Mandalorian pride from you?" taunted the Nautolan, grinning madly. Time to play with his head a little. The tenets of Dun Moch were not so distant from his mind.

Alan

Tracyn stared at him for a moment, and then exploded outward. @[member="Qae Shena"]'s initial thoughts of Tracyn being more wolf-like would hopefully vanish as he exploded from his position. He had to be careful, though. Even in situations like this, ferociousness in combat could easily turn into a negative factor. Tracyn slid on his knee, coming upwards and using two hands in a pivoted slash to drive Qae's saber away from him, and then to simply go for a brutal Sai Tok. The way Tracyn moved was nothing less than an explosion of ferociousness, mirroring an image of a Dragon moreso than a wolf now. His arms, moved with power rather than grace, and his legs followed suit. His hips turned to give him more torque, and his face curled as he calmly replied to Qae.

"What I was, and what I am, are two different things, Master Shena. I am not a Mandalorian. I'm a Jedi."

He said proudly, while his blade went to it's intended targets.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Brutality certainly had its place on a battlefield, but blindness did not. A high vertical guard, with a hilt next to one's face, meant that to knock the sword away one would have to strike very, very high, way over the opponent's head - leaving the entire body exposed for a strike. Qae stepped in as Tracyn did, but the difference was that he dropped the tip of his lightsaber as he did so and struck in low, enough for his blade to pass under Tracyn's and hit the man as he stepped through. It'd do little more than leave a welt and a burn, but it was likely shameful enough that he'd made such a simple error. One always had to consider future moves, too, when striking such as that.

Qae had stepped past Tracyn now, then turned back around to face his opponent.

"A Jedi draws his strength from the Force, Tracyn, not the strength of his arm. Are you a Jedi who still believes in their heritage, or are you a Mandalorian who believes in the Jedi? I can't tell which of the lines you sit on. I know where I sit - but you still fight with the brutality of a warrior of Clan Ordo, not with the keen mindset and careful calculation of a Jedi Knight. Which one is it, Tracyn?"

Qae gave his ersatz student a stare. He was now going to understand one thing: a lightsaber Form, and all its knowledge, came together to shape a person. It was an all-encompassing philosophy, one that shaped knowledge, experience and belief together to become something else.

"What are you, Tracyn Ordo? Tell me who you really are."

Alan

"I've been called a monster."He said, holding his burnt chest. He dragged his hand across the light burn, then his eyes flared at @[member="Qae Shena"]. He stood still, the saber in his hand glowing with a gentle hum. The night was dark, and the stars were out. It further illuminated the former Mandalorians sweat, but it didn't even seem to phase him. It didn't seem like a lot would. He turned and placed the saber back into the Djem So stance, but he pointed the lightsaber out in front of him now, and leaned back on his leg.

"But me? I'd call myself a Jedi."He said, instepping towards Qae. He faked a pivot to the right, and then juked straight to his right, and went to shiak him, or at least burn him, straight where his stomach was. In actual combat, Tracyn would have driven him to the ground with the stab, and then broke his neck if he was actually trying to kill him. The way Tracyn moved was impressive in itself, he was finally letting the ferociousness out, the anger being turned into drive. He was afraid of being too aggressive, but now he started to realize what Qae was trying to teach him, that he needed to be a dragon. He didn't need to become a demon, but a dragon. A dragon wasn't afraid, didn't show fear. He wasn't angry, he was ferocious. It was calculating, but it also improvised when it needed to. Djem So was like this. Djem So was this.

Tracyn would become the Dragon. He had to.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

"A monster?" Qae said, eyes narrowing slightly. "I could see that." Indeed. Brute strength only won so many fights. When faced with a capable opponent, even raw brutality was no match alone - certainly it was a viable means against opponents only mildly trained, but a master of a martial art? No. Skill had to come out eventually, and brutality was not a skill.

The Nautolan barely responded to the first step, only lowering his hilt slightly to better place his saber for defence, shifting his weight onto the balls of his feet and off his heels, an almost imperceptible motion - but enough for the moment that Tracyn juked, giving Qae a moment to step forward, to where Tracyn had been before. To stab Qae there required a full-body turn, making a movement such as the classic juke a waste of the bigger man's considerable momentum. From there, it was such a simple movement, the standard two-step vertical double-tap that almost every Shii-cho practitioner knew from the beginning. The first tap down as a block against the straight thrust with a step in, moving it down only slightly to kill momentum. The second with another step in, this one to the top of the head as a strike. Staccato movements, ones long honed and practised. Repetition, the mother of skill, demanded Qae's obedience.

"Then if you're a Jedi - fight like one! Focus on your mind. Your body will betray you if you rely on it too much! The Force is the only true body you have!"

Alan

Tracyn was no fool, in fact, Tracyn was far above that. A sharp twist of his wrist and arm, brought his saber up to block the incoming strike to the crown of his head. He dropped lower, and then exploded his arms upward. He didn't use the force in a fight like this, it would be an abuse of the force to so wastefully use it. It would go against what he believed in as a Jedi, that the force was a gift, not a tool. Not something to help win a fight against a fellow Jedi, or Ex-Jedi, but something to be gifted. Shii-cho was practical against many opponents, wild and unpredictable, but in a one-on-one fight, it could easily be overcome. Staccato as they were, the movements that Tracyn had were still fairly quick, being that he was who he was.. He was a monster in combat, quick and deadly, and it showed. He used his powerful leg muscles to push the blade upwards, and then knock @[member="Qae Shena"]'s blade upwards, and away, through a fan-like motion in 180-degrees movement. Tracyn picked up the moving leg, and used it to spin around, and to hopefully smash in Qae Shena's guard, pressing the attack, and to gain some ground. That's how Tracyn would win the fight, he had to get an opening by crushing him in first. Ferocity showed in his movements, and it started to show on his facial features. There was a fire in his eyes, and a burning passion in his heart. He was fully alive, now. He had never felt more alive in his life. Djem So, was a way that he felt that opened up a part of his soul that had been locked away, for far too long.

The dragon inside Tracyn was beginning to stir, and it was coming out the hilt of his lightsaber.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Qae's blade followed the arc, just as Tracyn had intended. However, the next movement baffled Qae for its sheer insanity - a horizontal spin for a vertical slash, on one leg, was essentially trying to play ballet dancer. Having done ballet for five years, you could not out-ballet Qae Shena, a practised veteran of Ataru - he knew how badly that movement would end up for body mechanics. His answer? A small sidestep, out of the way, as the falling avalanche struck only air. With such a crazy spin in mind, Qae only had to wait for the blade to pass midpoint before he stepped in for his own lethal shiak, while the mixed momentum of the twist kept Tracyn in place, probably about to stumble and fall.

He wanted to taunt Tracyn for it, but thought better of it. Nope, instead, he'd attack, pressing the advantage that a man who was probably about to double over from mixed momentum would have to feel - one-handed horizontal slash to Qae's right, then diagonal down back to the left with two hands, hips rotating in. Then, as if to add insult to injury, Qae made a one-handed pommel strike, aiming for Tracyn's face.

After all, it was a lightsaber duel and he was still hitting with his lightsaber.

Alan

Tracyn fell forward, but he knew recover techniques. He bent his knee inward, collapsing to one knee. He quickly turned over and placed his blade in a diagonal block, letting Qae's blows fall against his blade as he defended from a crouched position. Tracyn grinned as he saw the pommel coming, moving his free left hand to Qae's wrist, preventing movement from the saber arm, and in the small space, placed his lightsaber under his arm, and attempted to go upwards with an arced movement. The movement normally would hopefully remove Qae's arm from the armpit up, but Tracyn would hopefully just catch him in an awkward position and give him a light burn. And by awkward, and in a real fight, Tracyn hoped that the brutal and short handed move would have him removing a limb.

Tracyn too, didn't want to taunt. The time for taunting was over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom