Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Korth IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savoh Muska

S
Barren%2BWorld.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Korth IV
  • Demonym: Korthian
  • Region: Outer Rim
  • System Name: Alpha Thacus
  • System Features: In the system of Alpha Thacus there are a total of 16 planets all of which are uninhabitable. 10 of them are rocky and six are gas giants., 59 moons, 9 of which are habitable, and one asteroid belt.
  • Coordinates: (T, 55)
  • Major Imports: Off world raw materials
  • Major Exports: Technology, Raw materials (Meleenium, and Duracrete)
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Barren
  • Primary Terrain: Caves, Barren Terrain, Toxic Oceans, Large Underground Lakes

• Major Locations:

• The capital Fortress city of Knun. It sprawling subterranean city with a few buildings that pierce the ground and reach the skies. This is also where the Moon's only space elevator is. Due to a thin atmosphere making solar radiation a threat colony cities have been constructed underground. Similarly to the lower levels of Coruscant. The city Knun stretches for hundreds if miles under the surface. Being the planets only real city.

• Despite there being only one city there are other mining settlements around the planet. But none or more notable then Vac-Tol. This large mining operations dives deeper into the planet then the capital of Knun. Vac-Tol is the primary area where resources are extracted from. Most of the work done here is operated by immigrated enslaved species.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: The Knull
  • Immigrated Species: Enslaved Species brought to Korth IV, Humans, Kaminoans
  • Population: Moderately Populated
  • Demographics: The main and only real demographics are the Knull. Due to their culture a high sense of classic racism is prevalent in most Knull. Not that they generally hate other races, they just think their superior. Other races mainly being around for diplomatic reasons. However, this doesn't mean they don't completely cut off. Since they like to flaunt their culture to the few visitors they allow. Often subjecting them to the watchful eye of the government to make sure they don't step out of line. Making sure they don't overstep their boundaries. To the Knull their not galactic citizens. Their mere guests meant to bask in the "awe inspiring" society.
  • Primary Languages: Knull and Galactic Standard
  • Culture: Daily life on Korth IV is a little odd. Given that the Knull are pretty well unified and don't have much of a domestic economy. Meaning that they don't really use money after they took to the stars. Essentially just using enslaved bio-engineered cyborg creatures from other planets to do their dirty work. Acting as "the ultimate oligarchy". Also with the Knull's semi-hive mind they're good at working together. Given that Knull society is very militaristic things like arts and sports have no place for them. In regards to belief, they reject the force finding it as something that gets in the way of their progress towards their goals of domination over other "Inferior" races. Their readiness to conquer has less to do with a need for resources and more of a since of superiority and need to spread their influence to other worlds. As a way to exercise control over other species, mainly non sentient animals, is to subject them to forced bio-engineering and cybernetics implants. Turing them into living weapons of war and a suitable work force for the Knull.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Democratic Oligarchy
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Wealth: Low given that money for them is primary used for interplanetary trade. Despite being a resource rich moon they trade as little as they can.
  • Stability: The stability on the planet and its capitol is high. Given that the Knull dominate their planet with an iron fist. But it's rather hard to rank given to their rather alien society, especially with it practically hidden from the outsiders.
  • Freedom & Oppression: The overall climate is quite oppressive as the bio-engineered, cyborg species are virtually unable to go against their Knull masters who have total control of their society

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: Due to their militaristic society of Korth IV the planet is very well defended with a standing army always ready for invasion of other worlds with neutral worlds and star systems. Having a sizable orbiting fleet the planet eager to defend and strike back at their enemy.
  • Technology: The technology of the Knull on Korth IV is rather advanced given how solitary they are. Mastering bio-engineering, and cybernetics to its fullest. But they have pretty slow faster then light travel. Making their vessels kinda slow when it comes to exploring, especially outside of their system.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
First off Korth IV is not a planet. It's technically a moon to a ringed gas giant. However, it's roughly the size of earth. In prehistoric times the planets poles shifted and were later destroyed due to natural causes. This allowed solar radiation to sterilize most of the planet into a rocky barren mess with a thin atmosphere. What remained were caves, and toxic oceans on the surface. However, life was no finished on the moon. Extremeophiles lived on in the toxic oceans and caves. There through many millions, maybe billions of years of evolution let to the creation of the Knull From these hardy microorganisms. Who not long after gaining sentience (relatively speaking) they quickly spanned across the globe into different colonies. War was not uncommon between them, and domestic trade was next to none existent. However, eventually one colony came to rule over Korth IV. However they were relatively still "primitive" by this point, only having a hand full of space shuttles orbiting the moon and even few expeditions to the other moons around the planet they orbited. But they did have a knack for manipulating genetics. Unfortunately one of there creations out performed them and is now the modern Knull.

Environmentally very little changed on the surface of the moon. It just being covered in a barren landscape with a thin atmosphere, and shallow toxic/volcanic lakes and oceans. However, underground there's a plethora of different species. Mainly microorganisms, fungi, and bugs. All of which are bustling around under the surface to keep away from the harsh UV rays that sterilize almost everything on the surface. Except for a couple of Extremeophiles that live in the in the lakes and oceans. As far as external threats that faced the galaxy they've been unaffected so far. The main struggle is really just being dealt a bad hand in the great game of life with being on a pretty harsh world.

Hey there, I'll be overseeing this submission.

• The image link is incorrect. The original source is here: https://alpha-element.deviantart.com/art/Barren-World-327731153- Please switch it out.
  • Under Region please write Outer Rim or Outer Rim Territories instead of simply Outer.
  • There are numerous cases throughout where you've utilized the word "Do" in place of Due. Namely under the following: Major Locations, Demographics, Military, and History. If you need me to give you specifics I can. Please remedy this.
  • Similarly you have used aloud in place of allowed in the History.
  • Is the Capital the only settlement or location on the world? If not could I request one or two more, and if it is then could we have a little more information on the Capital itself.
  • Please provide a couple of examples of immigrated species under Immigrated Species and/or the Demographic sections. Just to give an idea of the types of immigrated species which can be found on world.
  • Wealth does not necessarily equate to monetary/credit gain. Are they resource rich? Do they frequently trade for goods?
  • You mention bio-engineered/cyborg species; are all permanent non-Knull residence of Korth IV subjected to these alterations? I'd like more information on this under Culture. I think a line or two about how they would treat outsiders who are simply visiting the world would be helpful also given their apparent xenophobia toward/superiority over foreign species
  • You state that their technology is advanced, how does it differ from the Galactic Standard? Where do they excel, and where are they lagging behind when compared to the rest of the Galaxy? Some examples would be helpful.
  • I'd like to see more information in the history section. You jump from a world without sentience to one with a bustling underground network without bridging the two in any way. What difficulties have the species faced so far? Did the Gulag Plague ever reach this world, or the effects of the Netherworld? What are some significant points in their lives which shaped the natives or altered the world itself?
In addition to the above, the species will need to be reviewed before this can move forward. Please tend to the requests above and mention me in a reply here when you're finished. We'll go from there.

[member="Savoh Iaht"]

Savoh Muska

S
[member="Asha Hex"]

Okay, I think I fixed the issues you've pointed out. I guess my work got sloppy from tiredness. :D

Savoh Muska

S
[member="Asha Hex"]

Okay, I added some extra detail to the demographics section in regards to visitors.

[member="Savoh Iaht"]

As with the species sub, can you please fix the Technology area to reflect the two technologies you decided on them mastering, in place of the current three.

Then this should be good to go :)

Savoh Muska

S
[member="Asha Hex"]

Phew, I hope I can these two subs in. That way I can start working on some projects I have in mind for them. :)

Savoh Muska

S
[member="Zeradias Mant"]

Okay, I wrote down Meleenium, and Duracrete next to raw materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom