Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Korriban Orbital Planetary Defense Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space-Station-full-HD-Wallpapers-1080p-915x515.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To build an advance armada base and orbital defense platform for the Defense of Korriban
  • Image Source: Star Citizen games
  • Canon Link:n/a
  • Restricted Missions: n/a
  • Primary Source: (n/a
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Sith Empire
  • Affiliation: The Sith Empire

• Production: Unique

• Materials: Isotope5, Durasteel, misc
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Orbital Defense Platform
  • Length: 4000 meters.
  • Width: 2000meters.
  • Height: 4000 meters.
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: Very High
  • Hangar: Capable of holding 34 squadrons and docking 12 Destroyer Class Ships
  • Maneuverability Rating: None
  • Speed Rating: Very slow
  • Hyperdrive Class: None
Standard Features

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Isotope5 Spherical Energy Shield, Ion Cannons, Proton Cannons, Blaster Platforms,Innovative ring design allows for more hangar capacity as the starfighters are held in a circular fashion on tope of each of each one waiting to the pilot to move to move, Docking stations for 12 destroyer class ships, Advanced Radar, and Planetary Monitoring systems,.
Strengths:
  • Holding Capacity
  • Monitering systems
  • Isotope5 Shield
  • Early Warning for the planet bellow
Weaknesses:
  • Zero Maneuverability
  • No Hyperdrive
  • Armamants are not extremely high
Description:
Taking 3000 people to run this planetary defense platform is an all around marvel. Designed with high density Isotope5 Shields and incredible capacity for a planetary defense fleet, this platform is ready to launch the bulk of the armada of Korriban very quickly.

Darth Morgoth said:
Capable of holding 100 squadrons
Uh, no. The maximum hangar size for a 10,000 meter super star destroyer is 86 squadrons, this is a 4000 meter military station. If you want 34 squadrons (an extreme rating for a 4000 meter battlecruiser), that'd be acceptable.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Although could I make it bigger? I mean the thing said 4000 meters was the top end but i feel like a military station could carry more than a ship that also is designed to play a huge part in battle and travels across the galaxy just a thought if not im fine with it as is

Darth Morgoth said:
I mean the thing said 4000 meters was the top
4000 meters is the highest a military station is permitted to go.

Darth Morgoth said:
i feel like a military station could carry more than a ship that also is designed to play a huge part in battle and travels across the galaxy
The extreme rating on a starship for a hangar would require more or less making it largely slow/immobile or otherwise making a single unique ship and keeping everything else average across the board (or some other configuration to that degree where other ratings would have to drop to raise them). A space station, which is intentionally immobile, gains all the perks of having larger hangar space and better armaments or defenses because they trade off that maneuverability and speed/mobility in order to get those perks. The squadrons allotted to each rating for a given length of ship are selected so that they can be balanced by other ratings. 100 squadrons (1200 starfighters) isn't something that can be balanced in any feasible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom