Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsbane (First Order)

Ciana Teigra

C
30458-01gunmetalacrylic.JPG

Image Source:
https://www.inventables.com/technologies/gun-metal-acrylic-sheet
Intent: To create a base component for future submissions.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Panacea, Daehan Industries
Model: N/A
Affiliation: First Order, Private Market
Modularity: No
Production: Limited Production
Material: Neutronium, Carbon, Coltan,
Special Features: N/A
Strengths

+The material is unable to be directly affected by the Force with few exceptions (e.g. Emerald Lightning) or detected in the Force.

Weaknesses
- Has no Force-nullifying effects like voidstone or ysalamir, unless the Force User is completely encased in the material, like wearing a suit of armor or thrown into a compartment. This was primarily made for use by NFUs.
- Use limited to Panacea and companies and agencies affiliated with the First Order, such as Daehan Industries, Hannschel-Bor Works, the First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers, etc.

Description:

Knightsbane is a neutronium-based alloy created to be resistant to direct manipulation through the Force. Following the events of Kaeshana, the forces of the First Order were astonished to find Force Users within the Galactic Alliance who could accomplish extreme feats like manhandling capital ships or handwaving entire turbolaser salvos purely through telekinesis, overpowering awesome vessels designed to lay entire star systems to waste. While the First Order possessed its own corps of Force Users to counter the GA's, they still sought more direct countermeasures for their NFU personnel and vehicles.

About the same time, Ciana had been working on pet project as a wedding gift for her friend, Marzena Vaas, and Marzena's soon-to-be-husband
Ludolf Vaas, crafting a new alloy for the construction of a concealed weapons that could be used against Force Users. To create a new Force resistant alloy, she biochemically treated the base elements of neutronium, carbon, and coltan by processing them through a special furnace made from a yaret-kor. As a new alloy was created from the base materials, it gained the force resistant properties of biot-based substances. As with base neutronium, the alloy is able to disperse the impact of heat and kinetic energy across its surface area. The use of carbon and coltan helps increase ductility/impact resistance and thermal conductivity. Overall, the durability of the material is akin to duraplast or quandanium steel.

As Ciana was recruited to help in the effort to produce new countermeasures, she revisited her project and expanded production for large scale industrial use, from projectiles to starship hulls. During this expansion, she gave the alloy she had created the catchy name of Knightsbane for marketing purposes. As the manufacturing process of the material is still being refined, it can only be produced in limited quantities for Panacea and select entities associated with the First Order. Much of the production of Knightsbane has been outsourced to Daehan Industries on Seoul as part of Ciana's efforts to gain some greater footing in Outer Rim markets with local partners.

Primary Sources

inactivechar01

I
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

inactivechar01

I
[member="Ciana Teigra"]

Ciana Teigra said:
Strengths +The material is unable to be directly affected by the Force with few exceptions (e.g. Emerald Lightning) or detected in the Force.
How come ? In nowhere it is explained how this effect is achieved. I am also very reluctant on letting another anti-Force material in the market.

Ciana Teigra said:
- Use limited to Panacea and companies and agencies affiliated with the First Order, such as Daehan Industries, Hannschel-Bor Works, the First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers, etc.
This could hardly be a weakness when it is literally made for the aforementioned organization.

Ciana Teigra said:
Knightsbane is a neutronium-based alloy created to be resistant to direct manipulation through the Force. Following the events of Kaeshana, the forces of the First Order were astonished to find Force Users within the Galactic Alliance who could accomplish extreme feats like manhandling capital ships or handwaving entire turbolaser salvos purely through telekinesis, overpowering awesome vessels designed to lay entire star systems to waste. While the First Order possessed its own corps of Force Users to counter the GA's, they still sought more direct countermeasures for their NFU personnel and vehicles.
The passive aggressiveness needs to be seriously toned down.

All in all - I hardly see this concept working. There already are very identical canon items that work in a similar manner to this (See Yuuzhan Vong).

inactivechar01

I
[member="Ciana Teigra"]

Just letting you know that I will be waiting another 24 hours for a reply to the review before I archive this.

inactivechar01

I
Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Varanin"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Varanin for review.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom