Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knifey Spoony

Macharius Solaire

M
What's interesting about our collective history, is that technology seems to rise and fall as much as Empires do. An ancient civilization that could order the stars themselves and ones with planet destroying weaponry didn't last though. Over engineered and over confident. They'd be great tools to have when you think about it. But you can't rule the galaxy with something a farm boy, some training and the Force is just gonna destroy. So why not keep it simpler. Down to the individual soldier. Since one man can make the difference. You start with the men. You train and drill them well, and they will know what to do like it's second nature. You arm him with the best weapons and armor you can afford. With that you now have an effective individual who could make the difference.

I don't train men anymore to be good soldiers. I arm them now. To make sure I can give them the best chances to survive and win; I take a personal interest in every development project of DSA. To make sure the quality and effectiveness of the weapons and armor we make exceed what our customers expect. In war there are no guarantees. But I can guarantee to do the best job possible here for those on the fronts.

Recently The Republic has a need for a Trench Knife. It is one of the simplest weapons but that denotes it has great purpose. It is an extremely effective weapon in CQC. The best armor still has weak spots and joints you can exploit. Stick a knife in a Mandalorian's armpit and you have crippled his arm. That Beskar armor didn't save him because the knife can just slip in past. That's why the Trench Knife is so effective. You need the right style of knife though. And there are many who fit the description. That's why we go through the development phase though. We'll find what works right and what doesn't. And by the end we'll have something The Republic Army will find most suitable.

Macharius Solaire

M
Macharius was fiddling about in his companies workshop. It was a Saturday so plenty of time to do some weapons development without having to worry about any political work, so long as a disaster didn't happen. He finished setting up a replica of Mandalorian Armor up on a test droid. It was one of the same model they were using these days, just without that Beskar in it that made them feared. It's heavy coverage offered protection from any blaster short of a heavy cannon. Blasters weren't what he was trying to make though to defeat the best of armors, but a knife.

He had several designs. All various standards from throughout the Galaxy. When you get up close an personal with an enemy like this; they're a lot more vulnerable. Save for powerarmor where the joints are in joined housings. Mandalorian armor was just plates worn over the body. Those came with exposed joints and overlaying plates. Lots of room to stuff a knife in and kill them.

Macharius picked up one of the gnarliest of knives he had. A tri-bladed trench knife. It was six inches of hammered steel. And left a horrendous would that was very deep and very hard to sew up. Leaving you to bleed to death over time in the field. This wasn't a knife in the normal sense. It was basically a shiv. Folks had probably been using weapons like this for hundreds of thousands of years. It was brutal, efficient, and deadly. It had two flaws though. It couldn't cut, and thus as a utility knife it was a waste. Macharius needed a multi use blade, but he could always redesign it to have the ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom