Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech KM-82 'Tank Wrecker' Anti-Tank Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
niyas-ck-gadgets-concept-06.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an anti-vehicle explosive for the Kulthis Manufacturing.
  • Image Source: niyas ck
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Highly explosive
  • Proximity detector
  • Auto-boring system
Strengths:
  • Highly explosive
  • Embeds itself
Weaknesses:
  • Detected by metal scanners
  • Heavy
  • Proximity detector can only detect directly above the mine
DESCRIPTION

The KM-82 Anti-Tank Mine, or Tank Wrecker, is the first of a line of explosive weaponry made by Kulthis Manufacturing. This mine is deployed into the field and used as a countermeasure against incoming enemy vehicles of all kinds. Inside the mine's durable quadranium chassis lies 3 components - the explosives, collapsium and thorium, the electromagnetic exciter disks which activate the explosives, and a pressure/proximity detector. All of these components work together to create a devastating explosion that would potentially destroy some of the toughest speeders, walkers, and tanks.

KM-82s come equipped with a proximity detector in order to counter repulsorcraft. The use of repulsorcraft is the most numerous type of vehicle in most armies, making the proximity detector a necessary component. Anything that moves within 2 meters of the mine's proximity detector will immediately set it off. Vehicles that tread on ground are just as unlucky, if not more so, than repulsorcraft.The downside to the mine's detector exceptional range is the fact that it can only detect anything that goes directly above the mine. Going around the mine would render it useless.

One unique innovation used by the KM-82 is it's Auto-Boring system. This system activates once the mine is placed on ground. If the Auto-Boring system detects soft ground beneath it, it will automatically begin burrowing beneath the ground and, once it detects it is firmly implanted into the earth, the Auto-Boring system will deactivate then the mine will activate. Otherwise, should the mine detect it is on an unbreakable surface such as permacrete, it will simply lie still and activate. Still effective, but easily seen by an aware force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom