Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Kjoralkag

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon-fetscher-c08-05-1-bulldozing-forest-01-wide.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION

• Name: Kjoralkag

• Designation: Semi-sentient

• Homeworld: Thralhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/114631-thral-a-death-worldresubmission/

• Language: No language

• Average Lifespan: Counted in the thousands

• Estimated Population: Rare (Around five, exact number unknown)

• Description: In every sense of the word, these beasts are mountains. They dwarf all other life on Thral by leaps and bounds, and would've long eradicated the many predators that stalk its jungles if they didn’t have to sleep that much. For better or worse, the Kjoralkag slumber.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION

• Breathes: Type I

• Average height of adults: Mountain

• Average length of adults: Mountain

• Skin color: Gray through brown

• Hair color: None

• Distinctions:
    The most remarkable feature of the Kjoralkag is their immense size. They loom like veritable mountains far above the horizon, easily blotting out the harsh glare of the sun.

Perhaps counterintuitively, it is also the last feature any creature might notice.

This is simply because Kjoralkag are mountains, for all intents and purposes. None but the most long-lived of Thral’s myriad beasts will ever see one rise from its slumber and move about. With fire slowly churning in their belly, these humongous giants sleep most of their lives away, coiled up against the serrated spine of the Nir mountains.

In the brief spells that they spend awake, they are truly a sight to behold. Predators great and small scatter from its path in an effort to escape the feeding instinct of a hungry Kjoralkag – it is all in vain. What doesn’t end up as a minuscule smear upon its massive foot is ground to dust twixt five rows of house-sized teeth.

Beneath forests and biotopes that sprout to life upon its hide whilst it slumbers, a Kjoralkag boasts a hide thick enough that capital lasers are reduced to mere mosquito bites. Scales big enough to build a sprawling villa upon layer its hide, reinforced with bony protrusions and a cartilaginous knots that form over the joints of its limbs.

• Races: /

• Strengths:
    Literal mountain: Kjoralkag are quite possibly the biggest land-dwelling creatures of Thral. They are absolutely gargantuan in size, and can squash even the fiercest of its predators underneath their immense weight.
    Stone and bone: Due to sheer size and age, attempting to kill a Kjoralkag through brute force is just short of impossible. Their hides are tens of meters thick, layered with scales, stone, debris, soil, and flora. Their bones make the oldest of Wroshyr trees look like mere saplings. Had they hands, they could wrench a Star Destroyer apart with the immense power of their muscles.
    Ancient: With age comes wisdom, and though Kjoralkag aren’t wholly sentient beings, they possess a cunning intelligence born from millennia of survival. Assuming they are slow and dumb simply because they are so big is quite possibly the worst, and most certainly the last mistake one can make.

• Weaknesses:
    Literal mountain: The Kjoralkag are slo o o o o o o o o o ow. In the time it takes them to make a single step, whole minutes can pass. Anything short of a tree rooted into the ground can outmaneuver these beasts – then again, even trees have been known to move on Thral.
    Hibernation: When they are sleeping, the Kjoralkag are utterly and completely docile. Seeing as they spend virtually their whole lives sleeping, they rarely present any actual danger to the other creatures of Thral – their waking hours are mere blinks in the history of the planet.
    Blind: As a result of the disproportionate amount of time they spend slumbering, the eyes of the Kjoralkag are all but atrophied. Instead they rely on their sense of smell and hearing to locate potential prey.
CULTURE

• Diet: Omnivore

• Communication: Roaring, Calling, Percussion

• Technology level: None

• Religion/Beliefs: None

• General behavior:
    They each slumber in a different part of the Nir mountains, and have been doing so for the better part of their long, long, long lives.

When they aren’t sleeping – for a few months every couple hundred years – they cause upheaval, carve new rivers, and reshape the face of the continent; all in the name of food. For beasts as massive as these, feeding is an integral part of their life.

After they’re done gorging themselves on anything that lives and breathes, the Kjoralkag return to their digestive hibernation. Soon, they are covered by soil and snow; seeds borne by wind and creature alike spring roots and grow to venerable plants far above their thick plates. Whole generations are born and perish before the Kjoralkag ever awaken again.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Very little is known about the Kjoralkag beyond fantastical accounts by a scant number of those explorers who set foot upon Thral when they were awake. Even then, these stories are often dismissed as just that – stories.

Who, after all, would believe a tall tale about beasts as big as mountains? Of jaws that would hinge open to reveal whole new worlds? Of pale white eyes as big as a freighter?

Even for a world as wild and deadly as Thral, the Kjoralkag seem too strange; too immense to be true.

And yet there are lakes on the planet that bear the curious semblance to a giant foot...

Hi there! I'll be reviewing your submission today, so if there is any concerns you have please feel free to tag me in a response to this thread. After I read through everything, I'll give you a heads up on what any, if at all, issues there are!

[member="Aver Brand"]

So, could you tell me how exactly they are able to feed on other sentients if they're as slow as they are? Understandably, a massive creature like this might accidentally kill something, but how would it be able to hunt? What would it hunt for that matter, being its size? Just a few discrepancies I'm having as far as how it truly performs its hunt.

Tag me with the responses, and make sure to edit them into the submission itself! Thanks ahead of time. :)

[member="Aver Brand"]

Assuming the situation comes up, I don't see an issue. How connected to the force are these creatures? Whats the viability of someone trying to take control of one of these, and the difficulties associate with it? Those'll be my last questions for you, just because of the size itself.

[member="Aver Brand"]

[member="The Slave"]

It's as sensitive to the Force as most anything else – nothing special in either extreme. Though obviously sensing it would be kind of like trying to see England when you're standing in Trafalgar square.

As for taking control of one of these, I'd say it's virtually impossible. Even for the most skilled Beastmaster in the galaxy, the Kjoralkag are simply too big. Anyone attempting it would be overwhelmed by its sheer size and the weight of memories that span back thousands of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom