Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kirie's Ultrachrome Chestplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirie's Ultrachrome Chestplate

GvnFcrg.png

kzUIbsE.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: Personal armour for Kirie Kirie Ito
Image Source:
L.GHT RES.ST on Tumblr
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source:
Ultrachrome

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Armoursmith on Coruscant
Affiliation: Kirie Ito
Market Status: N/A
Model: N/A
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Armour
Weight: Very Heavy
Resistances:
Energy: Very High
Kinetic: Average
Lightsabers: Very High

Other:
Sonic: Average
EMP/Ion: Very Low
Elemental:
Low

SPECIAL FEATURES
Rare material found only at the now-destroyed Tartarus system
Dense and resilient
Able to resist glancing strikes and hits with lightsabers

STRENGTHS
Lightsaber-resistant — Able to resist damage from lightsabers
Blaster-resistant — Strong enough to block most conventional blasters

WEAKNESSES
Weighty - Extremely heavy for its size
Electrical Conductivity - Very vulnerable to electricity

DESCRIPTION

“I am not a soldier, but these days everyone needs protection. Why not make something good out of it?”

Kirie’s chestplate is essentially a carbon-copy of any standard issue protective gear, save for its material. The armour piece is made from a discarded Ultrachrome shield, lending it some impressive attributes.

The metal was originally from a vibroshield dating back to the
Great Sith War in 3996 BBY, discovered at a long-abandoned site, and gifted to Kirie as thanks for providing a star map of a route to the Galactic Centre to an exploration society on Balmorra. The shield, however, was tainted by the Dark Side and a legacy of violence, and laid unused in her ship for more than a decade until, in 854 ABY, Kirie returned to the Core Regions and contracted a Coruscanti smith to construct a chestplate from the Ultrachrome, plasteel and armorweave, believing it best to put the sordid artifact to some use. Due to her modest finances, the design and construction was kept simple, and the armour was made from a basic template.

The armour itself is very strong, capable of blocking blows from a lightsaber and providing considerable blaster defence. However, it is also extremely heavy for its size, and greatly encumbers Kirie when she wears it.

Last edited:
Hi Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Thank you for taking the time to review my submission :)

I understand if the reward is no longer valid, I just wanted to clarify that it has already been claimed and it was used in this submission in 2017. Does this mean I cannot rework/reuse the material? My plan was to use the restricted material from the original cane submission for this sub, destroying the older one in the process.

If it is still not usable I am happy make some material changes.

Hi Krass Wyms Krass Wyms ,

I've made some changes per instruction, they're listed below:
  • Changed material to Ultrachrome
  • Removed extreme temperature protection as a strength.
  • Updated description
Please let me know if there is anything else that needs fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom