Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killing Time

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
The unexpected stop on some unnamed planet annoyed him. It wouldn’t have been bad except that the ‘town’ was some backwater that didn’t have anything of interest. The only place to sit and wait was the tavern and he’d always hated such places. There had been a small town some miles off, right next to the small spaceport some distance from where the temple stood. The planet while controlled by Sith secretly, was technically just an outpost with a bad reputation. The town had a similar vibe, though he didn’t know the source. For all he knew this world was one controlled by the plethora of Sith cults that had sprang up, this new age seemed to have far too many calling themselves ‘Sith’.

It didn’t help that the Jedi or Jedi like cults followed suit, everyone seemed to have claimed a chunk of the galaxy. It made him miss the simplicity of his past, at least then the ‘factions’ were easily defined and not as many. It was almost funny to him how the ruthlessness of his past had devolved into the land grabbing and fractious bickering of now. At least the Confederacy’s ideals made sense, though he tried to stay out of things, he hated politics. He was sure [member="Isley Verd"] would have his own thoughts and say about his actions, but his only desire and concern was the care and collecting of information. To better the CIS and himself, to learn, he’d fight when asked as that was part of his duty, but meddling in the galaxy had never been something he cared to do.

That wasn’t to say he was some passive submissive bookmonger, he was a capable fighter and a ruthless bastard when he had to be. Anything that stood in his way of getting what he wanted had three options, compromise, comply or be ripped to shreds. There was no room for anything else. His most recent excursion had been to some ruins he’d found reference to in the Templar Archives, but the information led him astray some. There had plenty of things that were interesting to him, but the ‘treasure’ had either been already claimed or long since destroyed. He’d taken copious amounts of notes, along with pictures, but that was really it.

He stared at the door to the tavern with annoyance, in such places he somehow always managed to stir up the locals. He was dressed in brown leather boots, pants and vest over a long sleeved cotton tunic. He had on a dark grey cloak as well, with his bag slung over one shoulder. The hood was pulled up to aid in protecting his eyes from the bright light as well as sunglasses. There was a dusty quality to his appearance, he’d spent almost a week holed up in aging stone ruins. He looked like every other drifter, except for the quality of his clothing, though only someone with a subtle eye could see it.

When he stepped in the buzzing conversation lulled for a moment, but as he walked to the bar it picked back up again. He looked at the bartender “Whiskey, neat.

His old imperial accent was a rarity in this new age, the refined clipped tones that once were so common around him as a child diluted in the centuries spent in stasis. He drew back the hood and took off his sunglasses tucking them into a pouch at his belt. His lit ruby gaze giving the bartender a bit of a surprise, but the man made no comment. One might mistake him for near-human, but he wasn’t, it was some mutation unique to his mother’s bloodline. He’d found that out later after he killed his father, he’d wanted to know more about her side of his blood. He was aware of eyes on him as he sat quietly, his drink handed to him in silence. He drank it down and signalled for another, he wasn’t impressed with the taste, but he kept his expression blank.

There were a smattering of various aliens within the place, but the majority were human. He stuck out, even if he seemed to fit the part, like a wolf in sheep disguise. It was that aspect of Other to him that did it, the Force at work, though his aura was carefully hidden. It still marked him. The barmaid sauntered up to him and leaned against the counter smiling at him, the swell of her breasts in view from her clothing. “Ain’t seen you ‘round here before sugar, want some attention?

The thought was repellant, he’d never been interested in sleeping with soiled doves, even if he didn’t also detect the scent of stale sweat and something else more unpleasant. He looked up at her and gave her a warm smile, letting it light up his eyes “I’m sorry miss, but...I’m afraid there is someone else and I’d hate to ruin her good impressions of me.

Her eyes went wide and she patted his shoulder “Goodness, an honorable man come to visit this place, good for her hmm? She’s a lucky woman catching a man as fine as you, I’m almost jealous.

She walked off without a second glance, if only she knew that everything that had come from his mouth and expression had been a lie. He’d not shared company with a woman in eight hundred and ten years, give or take. It wasn’t lack of interest on his part, it was simply the lack of desire to ever get that close again to someone. He never wanted to fall in love again, never wanted to lose that one person ever again. He sat quietly watching the clock, he had almost a whole hour and a half to wait.

@Mikhail Shorn

Lord Ghoul

L
The bathroom door swung open and out strode a man of medium height who casually adjusted his leather jacket before strolling up to the bar. He plopped onto a stool and winked at one of the waitresses with a pale blue eye, eliciting an immediate blush and giggle. Waving a hand he ordered a beer, nonchalantly pressing the bartender's mind with the Force.

"On the house?"

"Here's one, on the house."

"Thanks.."

A sly smirk crept across his mouth.

Stopping on this forsaken planet hadn't been ideal, but it was as good as anywhere to lay low for a little while until the Confederacy's search for Mikhail Shorn passed on. He'd caused quite a stir at Rodia. Not that the Confederacy didn't deserve it. Especially Isley. It was a wakeup call for those fools. They were not invincible in their little corner of space. Sooner or later war would clamp its jaws around them.

Mikhail sipped his beer. Ugh. This stuff was awful. Whatever. Better than nothing. He didn't plan on being sober for long anyway. Out here at the edges of Confederate space, in the middle of a nowhere town, Shorn didn't bother with hiding his presence in the Force. Wayyyy too much work and not exactly his speciality. The miasma of Dark Side energy blanketed the area around him. Most people thought of the Dark Side as a corrupting sensation, like decay, which... it was, but there was so much more to it than just that. The heady intoxication of that powerful ambrosia surpassed mortal description. When Mikhail touched it he felt strength and thrill. In other words, he felt alive in the Dark.

If the Templars sent someone who managed to find him all the way out here... well, Shorn didn't have his reputation for nothing. So he reveled in the stygian glory, letting it seep through his body and fill him with seemingly limitless might. Mikhail sipped on his beer, submerging himself in alcohol and the Dark Side. He didn't really want to think about the lives he'd ended on Rodia. It happened. And that was that.

Shorn smiled and winked at a passing barmaid. Life was good.

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

The taint of Darkness washed over him making the Beast stir, but he let it pass over and through him without even stirring. He’d yet to encounter this age’s Sith and from the looks of things they hadn’t changed much. When he signalled to the bartender he got a look at the man, but he didn’t plan to do anything. He seemed familiar, he toyed with his glass watching the small drop move around at the bottom trying to place him. Thats when he realized the stranger had caused problems for the Confederacy recently. War was an inevitable thing and while technically he was obligated to fight Shorn, he wouldn't.

He wasn't a bounty hunter and this planet wasn't within Confederacy space, so technically he had no right to provoke a fight. It was good enough reason for him and if he got in trouble, he'd deal with it. He was not the type to start fights, though if someone picked one he'd finish, Shorn had plenty of enemies within his faction already. It wasn't for any noble reasons either, he really didn't care, it wasn't in his job description and that was that. Yes, every Templar was to raise arms and defend their home, but he didn't see any aggressive action to even be tempted to do anything over. He caught the man cheating the bartender though and made a note to pay a little extra to cover the charge of the drink as compensation.

He didn't have to, but he saw it and it was the only honorable thing to do. He took a swallow from his refill, just as the door opened. He paid no interest, others looked, but all he did was pull out his pocket watch to check the time, still too early.

You're in my seat.

He had to resist the impulse to roll his eyes and sigh, instead he tossed the rest of his drink into his mouth, put a credit chit on the table that would cover several rounds for the stranger and his own then started to leave. He was just walking past the scruffy newcomer when the man grabbed his shoulder.

What, not even gunna apologize?

He looked over at the man and gave him a frigid glare, the stranger snatched back his hand with a curse staring at his eyes, he started walking again.

Hey freak! Whatcha do to my friend?

He sighed then and looked to the one who talked just as he moved in front of him. The other man got behind him He's some filthy blooded near-human Breenan, gave me the freaks with those demon eyes of his.

He did eh?

It didn't take a genius to know what was going to happen at that point and since he sensed they were looking for a fight, he'd have to get it over with fast. The one behind him had a weapon so he was his most immediate threat. He called a bit of Power and infused his fist, slamming his hand into Scruffy's face. The bone gave and he went staggering back falling to the ground, he spun lashing out with the heel of his boot. 'Breenan' went flying out the doors, landing in a heap a couple feet from the door. As he walked outside the man was climbing to his feet, but he filled the man's mind with terror as he rounded on him.

Calling on that power however brought his Aura from hiding and he stared with distaste as the man ran off screaming. He could still feel Shorn's aura, but now his own was revealed. His seemed to take a back seat to the Sith's own, his aura was a deceptive thing, in more violent presences it seemed like a shadow. It lurked, accenting those around him, making them seem stronger, it often led people into thinking he was weak. This wasn't the case however, he was a Master as well, that mistake had caused a few deaths in his past.

He decided to risk it, he had almost an hour to wait and he didn't care to spend it cooling his heels out in the sun. When he walked in the room went silent, but no one paused to make a fuss. The body of the man was still laying on the ground, he paid it no mind sitting down. This time the bartender gave him a drink without his signal. He took the drink, the Templar signet flashing on his index finger, it was the only sign that he belonged to the CIS and a subtle one at that.

Lord Ghoul

L
The Garhoon turned around as violence erupted in the bar. He watched as a single dark-haired man absolutely savaged his opponents with punches and a kick and... the Force? Hmm. Interesting. A powerful Force user in the same bar as him, just a few days after slaughtering so many on Rodia? Shorn did not believe in coincidence. Perhaps he'd been wrong about the Templars following him out here.

Cold blue eyes met the peculiar ruby stare of the gentleman with the telling ring. Mischief glittered in those glacial depths. I know who you are, they whispered. One person did not particularly disturb the man who'd fought a half-dozen Jedi on Ossus. He thought himself beyond anyone's power now, or perhaps he simply didn't care. Regardless of his reasons for arrogance and confidence, Shorn did not seem particularly afraid or excited. Merely.... intrigued.

Smiling benignly, he strolled casually over to the Templar's table and plopped down in a chair.

"Hi," said the Devil, "How are you?"

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Serian noticed the man leaving, or so he thought, but when he sat down next to him and started chatting him up he couldn’t help staring at him a moment. He set down his cup, the hint of an amused smirk touching his lips “Parched, but working on fixing that. You can join me if you want, I’ve already bought a few for you, a few more won’t be a bother.

He did hint that he’d covered his bill for his little cheat on the bartender, but he didn’t expect the man to want his company. He motioned for another drink and took another drink from his own. “So, what did I do to get your attention hmm? Don’t tell me the dead man and his fleeing companion were friends of yours?

[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Lord Ghoul

L
An immediate eye roll followed the Templar's response. "You know that I know that you know who I am, so how about we cut the charades, hmm?"

Shorn loved playing games, but only when he was the one playing them. Hypocrisy ran deep in the Shorn line and as far as Mikhail had fled from his father he could never quite be free of certain genetic traits. Thankfully, balding wasn't one of them.

He didn't have a clue as to what the Templar was referring to by paid for his drinks. A touch of mental persuasion had gotten Mikhail his booze. Maybe this guy took a blow to the head or maybe he was referring to something else. Whatever.

The Sith sipped at his drink, "Let's try this again. Hi, I'm Mikhail Shorn, but you already knew that, Castle Crusader." False cheer dripped with sarcastic venom, "What's yours?"

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

The ruby eyed master chuckled, grinning briefly, setting down his cup to look at the man studying him for a moment. “Serian Loria, Templar Loremaster. Yes, I know who you are, but since we are not in Confederacy space, I’m not obligated to give a damn.

The bartender came over and he asked for the bottle, he didn’t plan on drinking it all, but his current company might share. “So, what faction do you belong to anyways? I’d say you were Sith, but nowadays there are so many from various parts that call themselves that its a name of little worth now. I can’t even call a Jedi a Jedi, they too splintered off into the twisting nether.

He spoke as if he’d seen a different time, though he didn’t look like he’d been apart of the last Empire. He hadn’t, but eight hundred and ten years had changed quite a lot.

[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Lord Ghoul

L
The response elicited a quirking of the lips from Shorn, satisfied to have dispensed with beating the bush. Beating the birds directly was far more satisfying. The blunt impact and subsequent crunching of bones always proved an ineffable excitement to Mikhail, whose sadistic streak seemed to wax and wane in time with celestial cycles.

"For a loremaster you seem pretty lacking in your Thronebreaker history." Dead Stars, had he really just referred to himself in the third person? Next he would be speaking in thees and thous. Noble heritage was the worst, truly. "You could technically call me a Sith, but I'm not anybody's attack dog. I fight for me, myself, and I."

"And speaking of fighting, there's no such thing as coincidence. One of the Templar's big boys winds up in the same bar as the guy who just made alterations to Rodia's landscape? Fat chance. You're either a tail, or you're just waiting for back up."

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Serian arched a brow “This planet has a name? I’m shocked. I have lots of history to go through, eight hundred and ten years to be exact, so no, the name is ligitly unfamiliar. As for why I’m here? My transportation had to make a stop here and I’ve got forty five minutes till I can blessedly leave. I honestly couldn’t give a damn about you, giving a damn would mean more time in this wonderful little hole. So, you can take me at my word or simply wait and see, either way you’ll have your answer.

Someone came through the back, taking the body by the ankles and dragging it out the front door. He didn’t even glance at it, he just refilled his cup glancing at his watch with slight annoyance. “So what motivation does a rogue follower of the Dark path have to tick off a beehive?

[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Lord Ghoul

L
He didn't buy any of it. Ok, so maybe the guy in front of him was 810 years old. Big whoop. Someone that old should have been able to vaporize those two punks without lifting a finger. The amount of energy expended on fighting the two goons showed Mikhail he was not dealing with a Velok. Velok would have blinked and both morons would spontaneously combust.

Mikhail blinked lazily. "You forgot the third option. I could just kill you and leave." He waved a hand dismissively. "As for my motivation, it's a long, boring story."

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

It was true, he could have used his power to turn them to ash, except that doing so might have hurt innocent people. He hated collateral damage and the small appliance got him what he desired, that was enough for him. When he spoke of killing him his lit ruby gaze met his icy blue, but he didn’t get angry. “You could attempt to do so, but I wouldn’t advise it. Its easier to wait to see if I will do as I say I will or not, far less messy and neither of us will limp home. As for your ‘long boring story’ I have to admit, now I really am interested. It won’t be free of course, I’d answer any questions you might have, a trade of information. I’d much rather part on pleasant terms than make an enemy of you, despite what you did to tick off the rest. You never know when an ally might come in handy.

In his past he’d done much the same thing, making allies of Jedi instead of violence. Aggression had its place, but he used it sparingly, to those that knew him it had quite an effect, to a stranger such as him he probably mistook it as weakness. If you paired that with his seemingly weak aura, he wondered if the Darksider planned to try doing just that. He emptied his cup and poured the man some more, setting his glass to the side. He didn’t plan on getting inebriated, though it would take more than the one bottle to do it. The drink, whatever it was, didn’t have enough potency to do the trick. “If you insist on a fight however, lets move outside away from the town. I have no desire to rip this place to shreds and risk killing the pilot who will take me from here.

He was calm, collected, unruffled, something that might seem at odds for one who followed the Dark path. Under it all the Beast was ready to strike, leashed only for the moment, but ready to come to his call without hesitation. However he really had no interest in fighting, but he couldn’t control others.

[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Lord Ghoul

L
A flat, blue stare met Serian's gaze. The guy had to be joking. "Pilot? Which one is your pilot?" Mikhail glanced around at the rest of the room, then looked back at the slender fop. "Oh right.... information for information." A glint came into Mikhail's eye. "Well, I'm no infochant, but this is mildly amusing, so I'll play along."

Shorn titled his head down, eyeing the glass Serian had refilled. His gaze flicked over to where Serian had set his own glass aside. Uh-huh. A dangerous smile lit up the Garhoon's features.

"Let's see, both my parents were killed by a Sith Lord." The raven-haired Sith's face stiffened a bit and he rested one arm on the table and leaned forward, eyes like two chips of ice boring into Serian. "Your turn."

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Serian sat back and folded his hands on the table, his lit ruby gaze half veiled by his yes, though he was still studying him. “My mother died fighting my birth and I murdered my sire.

He didn’t point out the pilot, though the man wasn’t in the tavern, even if he had he wouldn’t have brought attention to him. He wasn’t sure Shorn would kill him just because and he had no desire to stay any longer than he needed. “Why follow the path of the one who murdered your family? Did you avenge them?

[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Lord Ghoul

L
A snicker left Shorn's lips, a dark, mischievous chuckle. "Dead Stars, you believed that?" He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "You really are a moron."

Shorn put his legs up on the table, 'accidentally' knocking his glass over into Serian's lap. "Oh, did I do that? My bad." A smile from Palpatine could not have been more derisive than the one which suddenly graced Mikhail's lips, gone in a blink.

All interest in the little game was suddenly gone. It had failed its purpose. Serian hadn't pointed out the pilot, which meant from here on out things would likely be incredibly banal. One of them would be leaving the bar, though. Even if Serian wasn't here to kill Shorn, which he thought was a load of Bantha dung, then Serian would report it as soon as the too-inquisitive templar left. Mikhail's stay here was over, either way.

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Serian’s lip curled at the corner “Not one bit.” The glass never had the chance to fall completely, it tipped back and he stood up. He sighed softly, a bit disgusted with such juvenile pettiness, he’d expected more from him. Perhaps his expectations had been too high. “Good day Shorn.

The information he gave was of little consequence, but he doubted the man would know he spoke true and not lied. He walked out glancing at his watch, he had ten minutes to make his way to the ship. He doubted the scruffy pilot would wait, but then he just might since he hadn’t paid him yet. Money was oft the right motivation to make anyone of any character do things a shade differently. It, like everything else, was a useful tool. Pity that his trip had been uneventful, especially at this juncture, he was almost starting to become interested.

[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom