Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kiin'dray Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of Character Information
  • Intent: To create a nifty textile.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Restricted Mission(s): N/A
  • Primary Source: Touch of the Kiin'dray
Production Information
  • Name: Kiin'dray Leather
  • Manufacturer: House Verd (Isley Verd)
  • Production: Limited
  • Homeworld: Dathomir
  • Affiliation: Closed Market (House Verd & Allies)
  • Modularity: Yes (Sizes, Shapes, Etc.)
  • Material: Alchemized Kiin'dray Hide
Technical Specifications
  • Classification: Textile
  • Weight: Lightweight
  • Quality: 2
  • Color: Black
Special FeaturesDetailed Special Features

Items crafted from Kiin'dray Leather will find themselves naturally attuned to Touch of the Kiin'dray. For example, gloves or handle-wraps will bind to the grip of the wielder, allowing them to hold their tool steady despite recoil or telekinetic seizure attempts.

Strengths & Weaknesses

Kiin'dray Leather does one thing exceptionally well. Any handle wrapped with this material affords it's user one helluva grip. (+) However, the buck literally stops there. Kiin'dray Leather is just that. Leather. It can be cut with reasonably sharp knives, lightsabers, etc. It can be shot through with any firearm. And it's effect can be nullified by Ysalamir or Void Stone/Steel. (-)

Description

[member="Amaya Verd"]: "Dad? Have you seen my wrench?"
[member="Deneve Verd"]: "You lost it again?"
[member="Amaya Verd"]: "...Sorry, I just can't seem to keep ahold of it."
[member="Darth Metus]: "IDEA!"

That's exactly how it happened.

One moment, the Alchemist-formerly-known-as-Warmaster was enjoying an afternoon nap. The next, he was taking a trip to Dathomir to hunt for giant spiders. His voyage, although full of cobwebs, resulted in a new textile aptly-dubbed Kiin'dray Leather. To begin, the process by which this material was created started at knife point. Literally. For several days, Isley ventured into the caverns of his home away from home, hunting and deconstructing a number of gaping spiders. He then managed to tan some of the arachnid flesh whilst scribing runes and applying alchemy. The final result were several heaps of leather capable of preventing an individual from losing their grip via Touch of the Kiin'dray: a Dathomiri spell.

In brief, if one were to say...wrap the handle of a wrench with the leather, it would be very hard to lose it.

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom