Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidulthood

@Tulkas

It had been a day since the ill fated auction on Tatooine. That had been a rather stressful day for Lucien, what with the place getting raided before he'd got out. Having to leave his son to run through a brawl so that lucien could rescue a save boy. Was he a bad father for doing that ? Probably, he was trying to do better. That is likely what drew him to the boy. His guilt had compelled him to sit beside his son all night after he'd seen to the slave boys welfare. He hadn't protected his son before so he would do so the night through. It was in his son's room that his servants had found him. He had told them to fetch him when Tulkas woke up, no matter what time it was. He guessed the whole situation had been rather stressful for the young man and Lucien intended to be onhand in case of nightmares or anything of that type. There was also the matter of Tulkas's sensitivity to the force to be dealt with ... he would need training at some point.

As such when word came that tulkas was awake arrived Lucien left his son's bedside, not even bothering to glance at the time, and went over to the room he'd given to Tulkas. Rubbing his eyes he opened the door "Are you ok?" He yawned then stepped into the room proper.

Tulkas Sat on top of the bed inside the room, his legs tucked up tight against his chest, arms wrapped around tight. His eyes peeled open but seems tired. "Yeah I'm fine." He says with a soft voice. Scrunching up his noise he rubs the bridge of the noise with his thumb. "I can't sleep Well, but I'll go eventually, sorry if I'm disturbing you." he looks to Lucien.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien moved over to the bed and sat on the end put his hand onto [member="Tulkas"] 's legs and gave it a soft rub, it was intended to comfort him. "You don't look fine" Lucien sighed, the boy looked tired even tireder than lucien himself felt . He frowned as Tulkas apologised "Don't worry about disturbing me you are practically my son now, thus you need anything or have any issues and I'm in your corner" He spoke softly. Tulkas reminded Lucien of how darien had been when he had first been adopted "I'm going to tell you something in a moment that I have never told anyone before ..." Of course his household knew but he'd never told them " ... But first do you need anything; A drink , more bacta ... ?" He asked "A hug?" He added with a chuckle. Darien had been very clingy at first, perhaps Tulkas would find comfort in contact as well.

Tulkas nodded his head "No I'm fine." His face continues to be still. the next statement made Tulkas feel more comfortable, Having a father that will be different from what he is used to, He smiles slightly at the thought. He looks to lucien the words "I'm going to tell you something in a moment that I have never told anyone before ..." the statement snatched his attention "No I don't need anything, what were you going to tell me?" His voice soft with a light curious tone.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien noted Tulkas reaction to being called practically his son. That was good, he wanted [member="Tulkas"] to be comfortable around him things would become awkward fast if he wasn't. "My you're eager" Lucien replied with a laugh. "But very well if you're ready"

He took a deep breath this was risky really, with the information he was about to be told Tulkas could cause serious trouble for lucien. " You might have guessed that Darien isn't my biological son, he's adopted" He began, just a few years ago such a casual acknowledgment would have been impossible but not anymore, the techno union was different from the empires Lucien had served in the past. "He doesn't remember that though, just like he doesn't remember that he was 13 up until a few months ago" Lucien looked to see that Tulkas was still with him and if he was he would carry on "His past had left him broken a shell of what he is now and I could bear to watch him suffer so I had him made younger then I replaced his memories with fakes so he's now convinced I'm his real biological father" Lucien took another moment, "If he were to be told the truth he might remember and the trauma would likely cause him serious harm, I've told you this because I trust you and I hope this shows you you can trust me." Afterall the boy had leverage over Lucien now.

Tulkas listens to Lucien Intensively, the thoughts of bitter sadness crosses Tulkas's mind.

He looks to the end the bed with a concerned look "I'm sorry to hear that." He wiggles around abit laying his legs out in front of him, to be in a more comfortable position. "Thank you sir. I already trust you, but thanks." He pulls a small smile. along with looking more comfortable around Lucien.

OOC: sorry about the late response, another character of mine has gotten into a lot of trouble, I have been busy.

(No worries)

Lucien noted the concern and the sadness that crossed Tulkas's mind. It was odd, to be pitied by a boy who had been a slave up until recently. Lucien had never really experienced that before. he distracted as the boy moved next to him before speaking. He paused from rubbing tulkas's knee as he shifted.

Lucien just smiled back, smiling made him feel less awkward about the concern the boy had shown him. when [member="Tulkas"] was settled again Lucien resumed his gentle rubbing practically unconsciously, now at Tulkas's ankle given the young man's adjusted position. Lucien had expected tears or fear for tonight and indeed a number of the days to come, tulkas was brave that was clear to lucien.

"He's fine now though" Lucien replied "Now what do you want to do, You can try to go to sleep if you like, and I'll either stay here with you or go it's your choice, or you can talk to me some more about anything that you like" he didn't sleep much by virtue of his force sensitivity so it had no effect on him what tulkas chose to do "There are some of Darien's toys I can get you as well if you'd prefer to do something more active" being unsure of how strong Tulkas was after the ordeals of the slave market lucien didn't offer the chance to meddle with the force but if tulkas asked Lucien would oblige.

Tulkas didn't reallly feel the need to say something, he leaned his head against the pillow and closed his eye's his mind scattered with worry but he continued to endure and sleep. with a long yawn he say's "Night." softly, before finally drifting off to sleep within the comforting presence of Lucien. Much different to what Tulkas is used to.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien nodded as tulkas lay back "Good night young man" he replied in an almost whisper, continuing to soothe the boy. he remained by [member="Tulkas"] until he was sure that he was asleep and only then did he get up to tuck tulkas in. such a young boy to have suffered so much.

"If he wakes up again find me" he instructed the guard at the boys door before returning to his son's bedside. His other boy was still sound asleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RM7cQCC4sU

Tulkas wakes up from a reasonable sleep he stretches his arm's out high then lets them drop to his side's. He takes the Blanket off his body and slides his leg's onto the edge of the bed. His hand's busy rubbing his eyes he hop's off the bed planting his feet onto the ground.

Tulkas walk's around the room abit just getting used to the room. Unsure of the room he has a quick skim around for something to get changed into. Not really keeping quiet he would expect the guard to hear him.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien appeared in the doorway few moments after Tulkas had got up. His guards had noted the noise and after a quick look had satisfied themselves that Tulkas was awake, that's when lucien had been roused. The sith lord had fallen asleep at about 5am and after a few hours sleep he now felt more refreshed, such where the perks of a mastery of the force.

"Morning Young Man" He smiled rubbing his own eyes, no doubt someone would bring him a cup of tea in due course but for now he was still slightly bleary. "I had the servants put some of Darien's old clothes in the wardrobe " Those being from back before Darien was restored to age seven "I'll get you sized up for some of your own once you're back to a healthy weight" His time as a slave having no doubt left him somewhat malnourished. Thinking of that made lucien recall breakfast which was likely being plated up at that very moment "Are you Hungry?" He asked before waiting for an answer he indicated for the boy to follow him, if he hadn't realised before [member="Tulkas"] would soon figure out that they were no longer onboard a yacht and were instead in one of lucien's last few palaces in the former fringe territory. It seemed the safest place to bring the young boy to recuperate. It was also nice to remember the good old days, thy were on skye in the palace lucien had restored just after he became a high councillor in what could be described as his golden age. such carefree times were gone now.

He lead Tulkas out to his breakfast room at the rear of the house. The room was comparatively small when stacked against the rest of the residence but it boasted some of skye's finest views down into the mountain valleys.

Tulkas has his undivided attention to Lucien listening quietly. Lucien was so much nicer then anyone his ever met/been with, Tulkas wasn't even sure if he was sith if he was it was hard to beleive. "Thank you, I'm very grateful" he said smiling for the cloths.

Tulkas Nodding his head really quickly and excitedly at the thought of food "Please can I have food." he said rubbing his hand's together

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien had never seen the point f being rude or cruel without just cause. Yes he was a sith but he wasn't a psychopath. He used the darkside that much was true and he was elitist but he was by no means a monster. "Your welcome" He replied. Pleased that despite all he had suffered [member="Tulkas"] remained polite.

Lucien led the boy from his room and through the house "Have you thought about what you want now, do you know of anyone you want to find? or is there anything you want to do ? I can get you a place in any school you like or make inquiries about people or things ... anything you want really" He rambled as the walked. No doubt the Child had not been asked much what he wanted to do, slaves were rarely asked such things. They arrived at the palaces breakfast room before the boy was able to answer.

Double doors swung open to reveal a bright and airy room with commanding views over the valleys and mountains of skye. The room was dominated by a table filled with food, most varieties of food was on show from fruits and cold meats to pastries and cereal. Lucien bid Tulkas to sit whilst he took his place at the head of the table a cup of tea already waiting for him and he busied himself with a piece of toast as he waited for the boy to answer.

Tulkas lowers his head "I don't know what to do next, since my master ditched me." he stood there thinking to himself for a moment. The veiw of the mountains and sky stole his attention. He quickly ran over to the window looking through and far. "Woah" This was a good change from what he was used to.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom