OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To provide a corvette for sale by Ashhearth Industries.
- Image Source: Here.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Ashhearth Industries
- Affiliation: Ashhearth Industries; Closed-Market; Ashhearth Association
- Model: N/A
- Material: quadanium steel; alusteel; duraglass; starship parts; electronic components
- Classification: Corvette
- Length: 200 meters
- Width: 85 meters
- Height: 25 meters
- Armament: High: quad laser canon turret x4; quad ion canon turret x4; missile launcher x4 (16 total missiles); torpedo launcher x2 (4 torpedos each; fore facing); turbolaser x1 (fore facing)
- Defenses: Moderate: reinforce quadanium steel hull; chaff x2 charges; deflector shield x2; ion shield
- Hangar: None
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Average
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2 (main), 12 (backup)
-Military grade sensors <HSI:DER:EPR:AS:LFI>
- Skirmishing- The Kestrel class corvette is a heavy corvette designed to take a hit and give it back harder. The reinforced quadranium hull combined with an ion deflector shield as well as a regular deflector shield with a backup shield means that it is able to withstand more than the average ship of its size. The access of 2 charges of chaff also makes it a harder target for missiles to hit, if only for a short time. Military grade sensors allow it to track targets better and the FSDP makes it a bit harder to target in turn. The wide range of weapons allow it to cover its bases no matter what kind of ship it is facing off against, even if that ship is larger than it. It gains all of these advantages without having to sacrifice its speed or maneuverability.
- Alone- The Kestrel class corvette is an impressive heavy corvette, but it has paid for this when compared to other corvettes: it is on its own. All of the additional weaponry and advanced systems required room. This room room was found by getting rid of the hangar that comes standard on other corvettes of its size. If the ship has to have a separate escort or come as part of a fleet if it wants to have any help. No hangar means no squadron of starfighters to act as its escort. This lack of hangar space even extends to shuttles. For people to enter or leave the ship they must either land or board using one of the boarding ports while in space. It has escape pods in case of emergencies, but there is only just enough for the crew if they pack themselves in tight.
The ship is crafted in the simple yet effective fashion that other Ashhearth ships are designed. It has an alusteel frame with a reinforced quadanium steel hull. Between these are starship parts and electronic components. There are three shields installed so that is had two main shields and a backup in case one of them went down. Several weapons were also installed. Eight quad cannon turrets, half laser and half ion, are arranged around the ship evenly so that it can fight off smaller, quicker ships. A turbolaser was installed facing forward so it can shoot at other corvettes and even frigates with some level of success. Several launchers were also installed, 4 missile and 2 torpedo, so that it can at least do some damage to cruisers and larger sized ships. The last thing added was a chaff system with two charges so that it can try to avoid being hit by missiles. The very last thing added was escape pods in case an emergency happens.
The basic and advanced systems were then installed so that the ship could actually take advantage of all of its defenses, weaponry, and be an actual ship. These included basic things such as communication systems, a distress beacon, living quarters, and a med bay. Outside of these basic things, the Kestrel class corvette was also given targeting systems for the weapons and military grade senors to track targets with. An FSDP was installed. It attempts to disrupt and jam sensors around the Kestrel class to make targeting it harder to track and target by enemies.