Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kesh class Modular Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoru Shakou

Vlcsnap-558177_zpsmulwslbp.png
Image Source: Al'kesh

Affiliation: Terminus Imperium

Manufacturer:

Model:
  • Kesh class

Modularity:

Limited - While the exterior of the vessel can not be modified with additional weapons, modules or other similar extensions, the interior of the vessel is capable of various configurations. These configurations are listed as State, Stock, and Transport. All Kesh class Modular Transports are sold already configured in the Stock Configuration; those whom are interested in changing the configuration are offered additional Internal Modularity Kits of either the State or Transport Configuration at a discounted price (upon first owner purchase). The configuration process does not require taking the vessel to a shipyard, and it is capable of being configured in a limited space, such as a Frigate or smaller Hanger Bay or Landing Pad. In this case the reconfiguration of the vessel from anyone configuration takes between 2 Local Hours - 5 Local Hours, depending on the number of individuals working on the reconfiguration and their experience. All kits to reconfigure the vessel include a set of instruction.

• State - The interior of the vessel resembles a stately room, draped in various silks and amenities that any Individual of Nobility or other such Government Personnel have become accustomed. In this configuration, the vessel's Proton Bomb chutes are removed to provide for expanded internal space, and are often replaced with a separate private room or conference room on board.

• Stock - The basic stock manufacture model fresh off the line. This model includes its armaments and its regular limited personnel space.

• Transport - Much like the State model, the Transport model has had the Proton Bomb chutes removed for expanded internal space. However this is done to allow for an increase in carrying capacity of either troops, supplies or limited numbers of light vehicles.

Production:
  • Mass Produced
Material:
  • Durasteel
  • Starship Components

Classification:
  • Bomber
  • Atmospheric Bomber
  • Dropship
  • Transport

Length: 35 meters
Height: 15 meters
Width: 25 meters

Armament:
  • Ventral Mounted Dual Heavy Laser Cannon Turret
  • x2 Proton Bomb Chutes (20 Proton Bombs total)

Squadron Count:
  • x4

Special Features:
  • Military Grade Deflector / Ray Shielding
  • Military Grade Sensor Array
  • Military Grade Communications Array
  • Tractor Beam
  • Navigational Computer
  • Limited Medical Bay

Maneuverability Rating: 5
Speed Rating: 6
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
  • The vessels true strength lays in its internal modularity, allowing it to act in a variety of roles depending on its internal capacity. This means that a small fleet of these vessels when properly defended can aid in turning a battle through either their rapid deployment of soldiers, or their ability to drop proton bombs.

• Ventral mounted weapons allow the pilots to often fly these vessels higher, and out of the direct line of fire from many vessels, save for those with turrets. Even so the underside of the vessel is much more armored than rest of the vessel, often encouraging tactics that place the vessel over enemy positions.

Weaknesses:
  • As a means to maximize the full capacity capability of the vessel, the bridge was placed in a more exposed position in the front of the vessel. This position cause the bridge to be vulnerable, and a well place shot from a heavy weapon has the potential of destroying the bridge and thus bringing down the entire vessel.

• The vessel has a high rate of depending on starfighters for added defense due to the positioning of its bridge and weapon systems. This means that they are highly vulnerable without the added protection of starfighter screens.

Description:

The Kesh class Modular Transport is a vessel designed with an ease of use in mind. While externally the vessel is incapable of being modified, its internal structuring is capable of such limited modifications, provided that the proper additional kits are purchased (or a different configuration of the vessel is purchased off the line). Thus the vessel is meant to fulfill a myriad of roles, allowing for those whom utilize the vessel to take on various manner of missions, jobs or other such similar roles as required.

It's sleek design is a call back to the old style Nubian vessels (though to have it plated in chronium is an extra charge), with a streamlined design integrating slopped angles and curved sections that are aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

With its ability to be reconfigured from one configuration to the next, it makes the vessel a true work horse. Even with their reconfiguration ability, a smart fleeter will keep multiple copies of individual configurations for ease of use and to cut down on the time required to reconfigure multiple vessels. The Kesh class is thus meant to be used with multiple parings, and multiple configurations.

What makes these vessels even more valuable are the military grade hardware, including sensors and communications arrays, which are often used to synchronize flights of the Kesh class vessels during their attack runs to ensure the most efficient and devastating effect of their payloads. Likewise they are often used in tandem, with two landing to unload troops and supplies while the other two in a squadron provide covering fire and vice verse. This is meant to ensure the survival of those soldiers being dropped into dangerous situations, and to provide them with cover to unload their supplies, ammunition, etc etc.

An additional feature of these vessels are their limited medical bay. While not as crude as a simple table and medical kit, they are also not as fancy as a fully equipped bacta tank, or a bulky medical bed. More so they are modest affairs that are there to get the job done, to get a soldier back on their feet or to aid in stabilizing a passenger. These limited medical bays often include a simple bed to lay the patient on, as well as a fully stocked medical cabinet, numerous medical kits, and a simple medical droid for diagnosis and simple treatments, or to aid in the case of a trained medic is utilizing the facility.

Crew:
  • (1) Pilot
  • (1) Co-Pilot
  • (2) Gunners
  • (1) Bombardier

Minimal Crew:
  • (1) Pilot
  • (1) Co-Pilot

Passengers:
  • (30) Stock Configuration
  • (60) Transport Configuration
  • (6) State Configuration

Base Cargo Capacity:
  • 80 Metric Tons - Stock Configuration - No passengers
  • 160 Metric Tons - Transport Configuration - No passengers
  • 20 Metric Tons - State Configuration - No passengers

Passenger Cargo Capacity:
  • 25 Metric Tons - Stock Configuration - 30 Passengers
  • 90 Metric Tons - Transport Configuration - 60 Passengers
  • 7.5 Metric Tons - State Configuration - 6 Passengers

Development Thread: If Necessary

Intent:

The Kesh class Modular Transport is intended to serve as the work horse of the Terminus Imperium by providing a vessel that can shift from a military role as a troop transport or a bomber just as easily as it can shift into a vessel for state functions.

[member="Tasgetius Blackwood"]

Alright. I like what you're doing here. Very straightforward design that pays good homage to the Stargate SG1 ships that you're basing this submission on.

The ship seems to fit in an odd middle-ground between a dropship, shuttle, light freighter, and bomber. And that's ok. The size is good, but adds to that 'odd middle ground' that the ship is dealing with.

The twin heavy laser cannon turret seems fine to me. It would be a bit heavy for a standard dropship, but I think it works well for this submission. It's not too much punch and the fact that it leaves the dorsal side exposed is a nice trade-off. The 2x bomb chutes are a little heavy, and the ammo capacity for each bay is a bit higher than standard. But, again, I think it works for the submission. The speed and maneuverability is a little low, and the squadron count of 4 helps keep the ship's bomb bay balanced against lighter armed dedicated bombers with a higher squadron count...

So... I'm ok with the weapons, speed, and squadron size. It all balances out nicely. I won't be requiring a dev thread for this submission, but I do have a few small points I would like to clarify before this submission gets my approval.

Using the good-old Lambda Shuttle as a reference here, your ship is a good 15 metes longer and possibly twice as wide.
With that in mind, this thing's standard configuration matches the Lambda Shuttle's cargo capacity, and the transport configuration doubles that. Which is acceptable considering the larger size of this craft. However...
The troop transport numbers seem a bit high to me. The Lambda carried 20 passengers or 80 tons of cargo and you're looking at 50 passengers or 80 tons of cargo for the standard configuration.

• > Please bring down the passenger capacity of each configuration
  • > Please clarify the cargo capacity of each configuration while passengers are also being transported
  • > Please clarify if the vehicle is purchased with a specific configuration, and must remain in that configuration, or if each ship is able to be switched between configurations
  • > If individual ships can be "reconfigured", how long does the process take? Can it be done in the limited hanger of a frigate, or does it require visiting a shipyard?
  • > I'd like it if you expanding on the 'Medical bay' capabilities of this craft. I won't make you do it, but it'd be nice to know if we're talking about a table and a first aid kit or a full medical bed.

Another thing that I wont make you do, but would like to see, is a fleshing out of the description. This is a nice little sub and I think, on the whole, it balances out well. But the description seems a little bare to me. There is a lot of potential here for you to make something unique and interesting beyond just the stats and image chosen for the submission, and I'd like to see that come out in the description. Again... I won't make you do it, but it'd be nice to see.

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Yoru Shakou

Passenger Capacity Edited:
  • Stock (50) -> (30)
  • Transport (100) -> (60)
  • State (10) -> (6)

Passenger Cargo Capacity Added:
  • 25 Metric Tons - Stock Configuration - 30 Passengers
  • 90 Metric Tons - Transport Configuration - 60 Passengers
  • 7.5 Metric Tons - State Configuration - 6 Passengers

Clarification on initial Purchase Configuration and Reconfiguration added:

• All Kesh class Modular Transports are sold already configured in the Stock Configuration; those whom are interested in changing the configuration are offered additional Internal Modularity Kits of either the State or Transport Configuration at a discounted price (upon first owner purchase). The configuration process does not require taking the vessel to a shipyard, and it is capable of being configured in a limited space, such as a Frigate or smaller Hanger Bay or Landing Pad. In this case the reconfiguration of the vessel from anyone configuration takes between 2 Local Hours - 5 Local Hours, depending on the number of individuals working on the reconfiguration and their experience. All kits to reconfigure the vessel include a set of instruction.

Medical Bay Capabilities and Expanded Description Added.

[member="War Hydra"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom