Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kelmont's Slugthrower

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLDSAsE.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: An Anti-Sith/Jedi Pistol for Kelmont's use
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: Slugthrower
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Cortosis-Core Slugs
  • Ammunition Capacity: 6

• Reload Speed: Very Slow
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Cortosis Core Bullet: The Slugs fired by this pistol are Durasteel with a Cortosis Core.
  • Targeting Package Link: The Pistol links with Kelmont's targeting package to assist with aiming the ballistic weapon.
Strengths:
  • Cortosis Core: The bullets fired by this gun have a Cortosis Core, which will short out lightsabers on contact with the blade.
  • Heavy Impact: The gun has unparalleled stopping power, and owing to the ballistic nature, the impact can typically be felt through most armors.
  • Raw Cortosis: Any bullets fired would poison the individual struck should the raw Cortosis come in contact with their skin.
Weaknesses:
  • Ballistic: Ammo is limited and heavy, meaning that reloads might not be readily available
  • Revolver: As the weapon is a revolver, reloading is a bit slow.
DESCRIPTION
Kelmont has never been fond of slugthrowers, and yet his father enlightened him to the beauty of this particular slugthrower. The Pistol was his Father's, and upon his death, Kelmont took it for his own. It was designed with Force Users in mind, specifically as a counter to their lightsabers. The durasteel bullets are infused with raw Cortosis at their core, which will short out the lightsaber on contact. Following this outcome, the pistol is ideally fired a second time. As such, Kelmont has trained to instinctively fire the pistol in pairs.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
[member="Kelmont Spar"],

Cortosis is a very brittle metal. While it may be good at shorting out Lightsabers, if this were used against armors that were even remotely resistant to slugs, this slug would fragment and break apart leaving much to be desired against armors. Flesh or even light armors that are not plated it would be perfect for, but plate armors? The bullet would shatter and provide little to no damage against the armor.

I recommend adding this as a weakness, and also implore you to add in that it can fire "normal" rounds for the sake of doing damage to armors.

I have modified the submission to state that the bullet is Durasteel coated with a Cortosis core. This was my original intent, I simply forgot to list the exact makeup.

[member="Auberon"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom