Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kel'eth Ur's Holocron

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Flesh out this curious light-sided Sith holocron and make it available for RP.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: Kel'eth Ur's Holocron
  • Primary Source: Holocron
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Kel'eth Ur
  • Affiliation: Amilthi Camlenn
  • Model: Sith Holocron
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Crystal Lattice, Alchemized Metals
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sith Holocron
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: Small
  • Weight: Light
CONTENTS

The holocron's contents are structured in two parts.

PART 1: Treatise on the Lie of Passion, or: The Power of Serenity

Herein, Kel'eth Ur describes how he arrived at the realisation that fear and passion, the emotions so cherished by the Sith as the source of their power, were inherently unstable and transient and as such were an unreliable foundation. He advocates in favour of equanimity, and while not abnegating that power is in principle desirable, argues that paradoxically, in order to obtain it securely, one must let go of the striving for it. It is noteworthy that unlike the teachings of the Jedi, his philosophy remains egocentric and does not emphasise an element of compassion.

The treatise contains meditative and practical exercises by which a Sith willing to reform would learn to access the power of the Force through new avenues and cast off his dependency on inner turmoil. It focuses on telekinesis and enhancement of one's physical abilities, as well as the manipulation of minds. Kel'eth Ur notes that upon reaching his new understanding, he lost the ability to produce lightening, and concludes that this technique is unnecessary. The reproducibility of other types of sorcery and alchemy is not discussed.

PART 2: The Cautionary Tale of the Emperor's Search for Immortality (unfinished)

This part contains an unfinished account of the history of the Sith Empire during Kel'eth Ur's lifetime. It is largely uninteresting from the modern perspective except perhaps for its attempt at characterising the Emperor's psychological development, casting it in the light of his tortured striving for immortality, which the author argues to have been misguided.

DESCRIPTION

The holocron maintains the usual design - including inscriptions in the Sith language - and pyramidal shape, but does not have the characteristic Dark Side aura of a Sith holocron.

This object is a replica of Kel'eth Ur's original holocron made millennia ago by a Sith who had discovered his teachings and been converted by them in an attempt to protect the knowledge from extinction and spread it. It has endured the ages in forgotten corners among other useless artefacts in various Sith libraries with little attention falling on it.

It was purely by accident, or perhaps by the Will of the Force, that the item fell into the hands of Jedi knight Amilthi Camlenn during the recent attack on the Sith library on Ossus.

Strenghts

The holocron lays out a path to what is essentially the Light Side of the Force coming from the perspective of a Sith.

Weaknesses

The holocron does not contain knowledge of any techniques that are in themselves novel or rare or otherwise inaccessible.

[member="Amilthi Camlenn"],

All canon item submissions are to be treated as replicas and can be claimed/reproduced by multiple players
As stated here, under the "General Submission Guidelines" the holocron will have to be maintained as a replica, or a possible recreation of said item by the Jedi.

[member="Auberon"]

That's very well, but what exactly does that entail for my submission? That is to say, which particular part of it do you expect me to edit? Add a story of how this particular replica came to be created, maybe? But that would entail something about the whereabouts of the original.

[member="Amilthi Camlenn"], "The creation of this replica holocron was done before the purging of the GA Libraries by the Sith Empire as a failsafe should the holocron fall into the wrong hands." Is a very justified reason. If it was "left behind" in the Libraries or temples of the Galactic Alliance during their fall, then it would explain why you only have the replica instead of the real item.

Otherwise, it could have been done through "Fragmented parts of the holocron were collected and put into a single source." where the idea is that the OG holocron no longer exists, and the teachings on the holocron were gathered from parts of it, or after collected a damaged holocron.

Those are the two off of the top of my head at the moment.

[member="Auberon"]

I'm going to take this as a "yes" to my last question.

I was actually planning for this thing to have been gathering dust somewhere in a corner in the Sith library and for Amilthi to get a hold of it during the ongoing skirmish on Ossus. I'm happy to write that up in a paragraph. Would you like me to wait until that thread is completed and add it as a development thread of sorts to this submission?

[member="Amilthi Camlenn"],

If you would like for me to wait for approval until you are done with the deemed thread, I am more than willing to do so. If you just want this to be approved now, and just do the thread for fun, then let me know.

I care little to when this gets approved. So if you would like to complete the thread, you are more than welcome to do so. Just let me know whenever you get the thread done.

[member="Auberon"]

I've added two paragraphs. The thread is moving a bit slowly at the moment, but from my side there is no particular need for it to be finished before we get this submission sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom