Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Your Enemies Close

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Page's hands flew around the console. Hacking an entire mainframe was always something she enjoyed doing. Her bright, synthetic eyes never left the monitor on the wall. Looking to make sure she was taking the right information. Coruscant was her least favorite place to be and she wanted to finish this mission and leave as soon as possible.

Her mission was simple enough; hack and steal some information regarding a group of rouge jedi. She hated jedi. But rogue and dark jedi were useful, since they are potential sith warriors.

The room she was in was small. Behind her, a few feet away, was a door that would lead out into a long hallway. Page was at a factory in the Industrial Zone. It wasn't a large factory, but it was important as it was a huge supporter of the Republic. She returned from her thoughts and continued to tap away on the console. Although she wasn't force-sensitive, she still had gut feelings. And she could feel something or someone watching her. Keeping one hand typing, she took her other hand down to her waist where her blaster was. She was ready for anything to happen.

@[member="Dove"]

"And to your right you may see some of the droids that create these weapons used for the Republic armys....." The man's voice drifted off once more. I was taking a tour through the Republics Factory systems, just wanting to do something other than sit in the ship with K and talk about how she wished she was a human like me. Well I was more than human. I was told that I had some Arkanian in me. The reason for my slightly pointed ears, and why I had long hair to cover it up. Dressed in simple clothes to hide myself among the civilians. I still had my lightsaber with me. I wore leather bracers, looking like a fashion statement, when really it held my saber. Inside the fold of it, was the hilt that I had received two years ago.

I looked around to see that people were walking into a hallway. I decided to sneak after them. Smiling as I did so, I went to see that the people had seemed to vanish into thin air. Looking down the hall, There were many doors. but at the end, I could feel something weird. like my usual pangs of something going to happen. I saw shapes enter my vision. Each entering the door at the end of the hall. Walking towards it quietly, my leather boots made no sounds. I walked to the door and pressed my ear against it. Hearing some sort of rapid tapping I thought it was more droids working on things. Opening the door a crack, I could see a woman working over a pad of somekind.

Opening the door more, I tried to see what she was doing. as I did so, I slipped on the waxed floor making a squeak sound with my boot and a slam as it hit the door to stop. One word played in my mind, "feth"

@[member="Page Blight"]

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Her instincts proved right when she could hear the door open behind her. Quickly swerving around, blaster raised in her hand she eyed whoever was entering. "Don't move or I put a bullet between your eyes."

She moved the blaster slightly making out the figure to be a man. "Jedi or Sith?" Page asked with a firm and commanding tone. She knew that if it was a Jedi then she would have to make a quick reason as to why she was hacking their mainframe. Page could tell the man was young, mid teens maybe. She knew that if he was a force user then he was just a beginner and wouldn't be able to sense her lies. Or he could but couldn't detect all of them.

She only hoped he wasn't jedi. It was her biggest concern.

@[member="Dove"]

Before I could pull the door close, the woman turned around so quick and raised a blaster. However, she could not see in the small crack of the door that in my right hand was my saber, my finger hovering over the switch. I stayed still, and her eyes. Oh her eyes wigged me out. Orange and very evil looking. I shook my head as she asked the question of Jedi or Sith. "Nether" I said in a slightly hushed tone. Maybe if I could pull of the shy coward child then she might let me go.

I looked at her Taking a step in to allow her the sight of my left side mostly. Left hand up and apparent as my right hand was hidden by the door. "Why would you even ask if you were of the Republic?" Now this was different. Why would a innocent person ask that question and swing around with a blaster pistol? Though like the pistol was any of my concern.

@[member="Page Blight"]

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Page smirked. "Don't test me, it's a game you won't win," Page said with a sweet tone. She noticed his hand was down by his waist, though she couldn't tell if it was a lightsaber he wielded. Nodding to his hand, "Lift your hand please."

Page thought for a quick second. She knew that the man would question her no matter what she said. But she knew she could talk her way out... "I'm with the good guys," she said, making sure not to name who the good guys were, "unless of course you are the bad guy, in which I am with the bad guys." Page was smart, she knew she could trick anyone if she wanted to. "Although what is good and bad? Just illusions, I think. So instead I'll say that my alignment doesn't matter because those with the Republic see the Sith as evil while the Sith see the Republic as evil. The definitions are blurred."

Page lowered her weapon, letting the man relax and trust her. "So... what is your alignment? Dark or light?"

@[member="Dove"]

At her command I lifted my hand.

and the Lightsaber was now hidden. I was so happy for my two sizes to large boots. I had dropped the lightsaber into my boot. I had to hide my smirk as she talked. trying to deceive me. K had talked to me about lying. Droids were harder to see if they were lying. but humans were one thing that I could sometimes understand. And this woman tried way to hard. Instead of simply saying something like "I was worried that someone was infiltrating the factory" then I would have been more likely to believe her. But her little gig of "Good and Evil are an illusion" was not so smooth.

When she asked if my alignment was dark or light I shook my head. "Nether" And it was true. I had friends of the Jedi, but that does not mean I am a Jedi. I have a friend that was a former Sith. Doesn't mean I was a Sith. "I am alone in this world." I may have friends. but that doesn't mean that I was a person to turn on them. ANd she knew nothing about me.

@[member="Page Blight"]

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Page liked that answer. "Well then you would understand my cautiousness." Page wasn't alone but she could play off it. "I'm working for the Empire but I do not support them. I only do what I must to survive, as you do... dark jedi."

She knew that calling him that would likely set him off however she wasn't to worried. She was ready for any sort of attack he might try. Slowly she started pacing towards him. "You know I'm not Republic so you don't care that I'm hacking into their systems and stealing their data.... But you do care what I do with that data."

I could only smile as she said Dark Jedi. Also mentioning that she was with the Empire. I didn't react to it. As much as I was not a Jedi, Sith, or in between. I had no real title. Calling me something else didn't bother me when I had been called worse. I shrugged my shoulders. "Agreed, I survive how I can."

She came closer to me. Speaking at me like any adult would. Down at me rather than at my same level. I cleared my face as she talked out loud about me. She was right. I could care less about why she was taking them. And yes, I was one for information. I had a knack for looking at info. so I did wonder what she was going to do with it. "Yes, your plans for the Information is what I asked about. Not why." I moved from the door and into the room. She could clearly see me, and it also gave me more room to move if she were to draw the pistol again.

"Everybody plays their part in life, you are working for the empire because you need to. I roam the Galaxy because that is all that I can do at the moment." for a sixteen year old I talked like I was 30. "so how about we come to some agreement. Because I know you are a fast draw with a pistol, but you don't know what I am capable of. You have information to help your job, and yet, I need some to get somewhere in this world. I believe that we could come to some agreement. Maybe I can even help you out of here?"

@[member="Page Blight"]

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Page knew this young teenage had a lot to offer. He was smart and she could see it in his eyes. She liked it. "Tell you what... I give you some of this information... and you get to help me in the future."

Page knew she could use contacts outside the Empire should she ever need to use them.

OOC: Sorry for short reply, on my phone at the memento lol.

@[member="Dove"]

I offered the woman my had as she tried to make a deal with me, and I was not to go back on it. "I agree, and would you need help getting out of here?" I offered her. I then gave her a slight hint as to what I was thinking, ".... Mother?" Both of us dressed in normal clothes, all she would have to do is hide her pistol, and we would be good.

@[member="Page Blight"] (its all good. lol)

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Page smirked. "I like your style kid..." Page shook his hand. "Hang on," Page turned and moved back to the console. Finishing the last of the data transfer she turned back to him. "Listen up... I planet explosives around before coming here, in case things get hot." She moved to his side. "For now we act...."

Page grabbed his hand and peaked out into the hall, making sure there was no security personnel. After checking for a few seconds, she pulled him out and the two started down the hall. The hall ended and opened up to the factory floor. Page knew that tours came through every-now-and-then and hoped that she could use it to lean on if she needed too.

The two started out and moved through the small groups of workers. Leaning in she whispered, "Never got your name..." Before anything else could be said, they were stopped. "Halt!" came a mans voice from behind. Page, the boy still in her hand, turned to face the man shouting. "Yes?" she asked in a sweet and innocent tone.

"The floor is off limits to all civilians."

Page nodded. "Oh I'm sorry, I was with a tour and...."

The guard still seemed suspicious. "My son and I..."

"Sir!" came another guard. "Security footage shows her and this boy leaving the mainframe room!"

Page cursed under her breath.

@[member="Dove"]

I waited as she finished getting the information. We held hands as we walked down the hall and with the question of my name, It started to form on my lips as we were told to stop. already my right hand was hovering over my boot like a lost child would be gripping a teddy bear. She was good. ANd tried really well to get us out of there. And that's when everything went to hell.

The second guard came up said that they saw footage of us leaving. and thats when I heard a familiar voice, only it was behind the guards? "Are you sure it was them?" Standing behind the guards was an exact copy of the Imperial woman. and also me. I knew instantly who it was. K1-LLR. She must have been following me and saw what had happened. all of a sudden the "mother" drew a lightsaber, one of the real ones that K had. And it's red glow making the guards move back. "Y'see Not always what you think."

I smiled as the guards backs were turned to us. As K raised her hand. a Guard flew back wards, Though not of her powers, they were mine. Still the guards thought that she was the real one. and more of a threat. I pulled on the real ladies hand and started to lead her away. While the holographic version of me dissipated K turned into one of the few forms that I had seen. A black and red person with horns, and a black cloak that covered his entire body.

K would know how to get back to the ship on her own. Leading the lady out of the factory I finally spoke. "Detonate the charges, Give time for K, Explain later."

@[member="Page Blight"]

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Page smirked as the situation developed before her. She could see the intelligence this kid had and knew it would be useful. Besides that, they were almost outside the factory when he asked her to detonate the charges. "I thought you'd never ask."

Removing the small detonator from her belt she pressed it as they just got outside. Behind them explosives went off on the first three floors of the tall factory. Not enough to destroy it, but enough to kill a good amount of the workers. Page ran with the boy in her hands to some cover not to far from them, just in case any of the explosive pieces of debris would hit them.

As the building burned she turned back to him. "I'm Page Blight."

@[member="Dove"]

I smiled as we got behind cover. With the explosions behind out backs as we ran, I kind of imagined that we were on some badass holovid show. Though I mind moved as the woman, Page Blight, gave me her name. I nodded my thanks to her, "Xander Carrick, and the holodroid in there is K1-LLR, she is my companion," I peeked my head over the rather large speeder that was parked outside. Seeing a red blade flash in the smoke and then dissipate, only for the Proxy Droid to run from the wreckage towards us. "She follows and trains me, so don't be alarmed."

The rather tall Proxy droid came over and crouched down next to us. using her normal voice. "I'm sorry that I used you Page as a Decoy, But I would rather see you alive and be angry at me, than dead." I smiled as she already ran her name through the database that was stored inside of her. Though I could hope for anything, I kind of doubted that she would get any Intel. I looked at the woman, clearly older than me. Maybe early to mid twenties? Ether way, I had offered to help her. "You need a way off planet?"

@[member="Page Blight"]

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Page nodded as she learned of the droid. She personally didn't like droids, since they couldn't really feel emotion and can't function like organics do. Still, she saved their lives and that gained her some of Page's respect.

She did need some transport off world. She stowed away on a small Republic vessel to reach Coruscant and knew that she would be investigated if she went to a large spaceport. "Yea, I need away off planet without going through large transport stations."

@[member="Dove"]

I nodded my head. The guards were no probably looking for a Sith that had a red lightsaber, rather than a "Family." Grabbing ahold of Page's hand again. I stood up along with proxy who changed form once again to that of a Male with light blond hair, sharp facial features. and a voice that sounded like he was smoking for 15 years. Grabbing K's hand it looked like the perfect little family. "Can do. I have a scraper ship that wouldn't even get a second glance."

My right hand was warm with Page's, but me left hand felt metal that was Ice cold with K's. K stayed silent so that if Page and I needed to talk, we could. "Where did you learn to draw your pistol like that." I asked casually. Like as if we had conversations like this all the time.

@[member="Page Blight"]

Page Blight

Conduit of Chaos
Page, with Xander holding her hand, start walking and, thanks to the droid, they looked like a average family. She even added a little bit of smoothness to her walk.

She knew he would ask her where she learned how to handle blasters and was always happy to explain. "I grew up with a military family and was trained from a young age. Wielding a blaster is a natural talent."

@[member="Dove"]

I nodded my head. She responded that her family, her real one, was very in with the military. I understood that as well. With the parents wanting you to represent the people that they do or have worked for was something that made people who they were. For me, It was different. I had no living father, nor a Mother. So I had my own path to forge. Walking towards the ship that was on the other side of the lot. I took my hand from "Father" and pointed to the very old 578-R space transport. Considered a junk ship, because it was so poorly made, I considered it my home. It was where I woke up and spent two years in. And I felt as though I had a connection to it. "There she is."

Taking "Father's" hand again I brought everyone up to the ramp of the ship. "Make yourself at home." Letting both of there hands now, I walked in a few feet then bent down to pull my saber out of my boot. "Yes I am a force user," Leaning up I faced Page. With a face that only a thirty year old could make of seriousness, ", and I work for no one."

@[member="Page Blight"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom