Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Up With The Zambranos

There was once a time where a person could delve into darkness and embrace it as if they were born into it without fear of repercussions from those who feel that they must extinguish what they do not understand. It's one of the most heinous crimes in this galaxy: to kill those who do not believe what you do. Crimes deserve punishment. But that comes later.

The fall of the Sith Empire was inevitable. Especially after the desperation shown by the Republic after the slaughter of the Togorians. Luckily, the Zambrano bloodline is far too smart to allow themselves to be either captured or killed at the hands of the Republic or the Mandalorians. Elani managed to retreat to a safehouse she had constructed long ago for this exact reason. There, she laid her head and bid her time until today. Silence dwells in the galaxy and a reunion comes. Through a group of spies hired by Elani, her father had been found. With this information, Elani managed to get a message to him.

Dearest Father. I hope you have not missed me too much. If at all. I am alive and well, do not worry. I wish to speak with you as soon as possible whenever you aren't busy losing to the Republic mutts. I am on Belkadan in a safehouse. I will send you the coordinates along with this message. See you soon. ~Elani
@[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Beloved daughter,

It warms my frigid heart to see that you are still living, and not dead or captured at the hands of those barbarians, or the Republic dogs.

Whenever I have the time, I will come visit you at the designated coordinates.

Don't get yourself killed.

Sincerely, your father,
Kaine Zambrano~

Not long after that message was sent to dearest Elani, Kaine began his preparations for the journey to the designated meeting location. It had been a long time since he had seen his daughter, but even so he wouldn't let his fatherly sentimentality get in the way. No one was to be trusted, not even your own children, especially your own daughter. Children were always looking to get everything they could from their parents, Kaine was a prime example of that, but he wouldn't let himself suffer the same fate that befell his parents. He loaded up his exploration vessel for immediate departure, and once he and his cabal of servants and loyal Vanr Honor Guard, the ship roared away from Panatha and into the swirling madness of hyperspace.

During the entire length of the journey, Kaine meditated on the Dark Side, trying to achieve a glimpse of what the future may hold for him through this meeting. But like all the other times, he could not achieve a vision of the future. If only Isolda was here, her visions were always reliable to a point. After that failure, he trained and continued to keep himself updated on the ongoing affairs of the galaxy at large until the ship finally re-entered realspace and banked towards the meeting location. Soon father would be reunited with daughter.

@[member="Elani Zambrano"]

@[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Elani stood just outside the door of her safehouse, donned in all black robes that fluttered in the slight breeze from the east. Her head was covered by a lavender hood as strands of jet black hair hung on the sides of her pale face. With her arms crossed, she watched closely as a lone ship of decent size descended upon her location. A company of droids stood at her sides in case this was not her father. But it was. Elani could feel his presence as if he were breathing down her neck.

"Father.." she muttered as the ship descended onto the forest planet. She removed the tattered hood from her head and approached her father's ship, ready to welcome him to her home away from home.

The ship landed gracefully, grass and leaves exploding outward as the force of the ship's landing created a gust of wind in all directions. Once the ship had settled, the boarding ramp descended to reveal Kaine dressed in long, flowing black and crimson robes flanked by two Vanr Honor Guard. The Vanr were a species of winged gargoyle-esque creatures once native to Dromund Kaas, but were driven off-world when the Mandalorians brought on it's apocalypse from the stars. Kaine had found these wayward exiles, and led an exodus to Panatha, where they now live among the mountain ranges of the Epicanthix homeworld. They serve Kaine faithfully as guardians, and they followed him now to retrieve his daughter. Kaine spied his daughter moving towards him, flanked by her own robotic guardians, and with a small wave of his hand he motioned for his guard to stay behind while he walked the rest of the distance alone.

When he finally stood before his daughter, he offered his right hand for her to take along with an eerily friendly smile upon his face. "Daughter, I am pleased to lay my eyes upon you again. I had feared you slain by our enemies, but the Dark Side has brought you back to me."

@[member="Elani Zambrano"]

"Father.." she said as her left hand rose, ordering the droids to stand down. With the hood removed, her violet eyes shined in the sunlight as she looked up into the eyes of her father. "If you ever had a thought that the Republic or Mandalorians even had a chance at capturing me, then perhaps wisdom does not come with age." Elani smirked slightly. "I do apologize for my sudden .. disappearance. I had no other choice. I also apologize for my failure at Manaan. I wasn't prepared for the situation. I was defeated." she sulked. "It won't happen again."

@[member="Darth Vornskr"] | @[member="Slade Zambrano"]

Stepping out of the ship following his father Slade had decided to come with his father to visit and meet his sister for the first time. Wearing his normal business suit Slade stepped down from the ship and walked towards the small house with his hands crossed. Clearly his sister had no class and her living her in the space boonies where everyone played the banjo and looked the karking same proved it. Stepping up behind Kaine he eyed the woman up and down before looking up at his enormous father. "Father, this is my sister? The one who fled?" He asked his dad in a rather mellow dramatic tone. After asking the question he aimed his sights more towards Elani and shook his head. "I suppose the right thing to do is to introduce myself." He said with a hint of distaste in his voice. "I'm Slade Zambrano, your brother." As much as it pained him to say he was related to the shabby being in front of him.

@[member="Elani Zambrano"] @[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Elani's eyes instantly darted to a slim figure of a child following behind her father like a lost pup. "What's this? Another gift of your lust, father?" she asked with a laugh. "It's too bad this is a gift you can't return." she jested. "We have business to discuss father and I don't need a child interrupting." Elani stated in a serious tone. "From what I can tell just by looking at him, you've yet to test him. Best you do it quickly before the Jedi get their claws on him." Elani turned to walk into her safehouse she had built from the ruins of ExGal-4 on the now uninhabited planet of Belkadan.

"The boy will learn, as you once learned. I brought him with me to show him his other family, and I am keen on bringing you back into the fold, daughter. For too long the Zambrano Clan has been fragmented, but no longer. I will bring the rest of us into the fold, as the true royal family of Panatha." Kaine followed Elani towards the safe house, motioning for his son to follow him too. He cared not for what Elani thought of the boy, her and he would have a great part to play in the future of the Zambrano family. For now all they would need to do is heed the word of their father, and join him on Panatha. "It seems you have done well for yourself, but your abode is no castle fit for a Princess..." He slyly joked as he got a good look at the ruins of ExGal-4, which Elani had been living in since the Empire's downfall.

@[member="Slade Zambrano"] @[member="Elani Zambrano"]

Scoffing the boy followed his father making sure to stay behind him, he couldn't get away with the things he normally did with his mother like talk back. His father was caring for him but it didn't mean he wasn't beneath putting hands on him as he had so previously learned on quite the occasion. Stepping forward and following him still Slade spoke to his beloved coward of a sister. "So this is your home? I'm glad it could grace us in all of its shabby and run down qualities. Tell me dearest sister are you friends with the rats or their queen?" He asked in a demeaning tone to the woman. He held some resentment towards her for running away from their father when he needed her. He himself was tucked away in hiding because he was only a boy, his mother took care of him in the lap of luxury on their home world and only recently had he begun his descent into the darkside of the force when his mother had introduced him to his father after the collapse of the sith empire
@[member="Darth Vornskr"] @[member="Elani Zambrano"]

"Hopefully he will learn the meaning of respect before anything else. He opens his mouth again, I'll rip out his tongue." Elani continued into the old research facility and towards the room she renovated into a lounge area. There, she sat upon a crimson red couch. "It's not much but it's been my home since we were hunted down like animals." There would be a pair of couches, crimson in color, also with a fireplace in front. "So, father. You've made Panatha your new home? The homeworld of our people. It's good to see they have you as their king." Elani laid herself down onto the couch, one leg hanging off while the other was bent at the knee. "I have a little proposition I would like to discuss with you father. A way of redeeming myself after my failure at Manaan." Elani stated before sitting up onto the couch and looking at her father.

@[member="Darth Vornskr"] | @[member="Slade Zambrano"].

"Indeed he will." He cast his son a quick, yet dangerous glance, but said nothing more on the matter. As Elani led them through the old research facility, it faintly reminded him of his own temporary hold-out on Monastery after his escape from Republic clutches, and his "rebirth" at the hands of the Dark Lord on Prakith. Now he was a new man, with a new purpose in life that eclipsed all of his previous ambitions as Emperor and beyond. He had revealed his true allegiance to no one, save his brothers and sisters in the New Order, but his intentions remained hidden even from his family. Then Elani led the pair to her living chambers, and proceeded to sit upon a hideous crimson couch. "Panatha has always been my home, dearest daughter, I had only just returned home to claim my birthright which had been stolen from us generations ago by our enemies. Now those enemies lie broken and flayed above the ramparts of my new castle, and the Zambranos once again rule the Epicanthix homeworld."

She had a proposition? Kaine wondered what it could be, "Proceed, I'm interested to hear what you have to say."

@[member="Elani Zambrano"] @[member="Slade Zambrano"]

"Well," Elani began with a sly grin on her face. "While I was in hiding, I was contacted by a man with an enticing proposal." Elani chuckled darkly. She snapped her pale fingers, ordering a servant droid to bring her and her father glasses of Bespin sparkle. Sticking her soft lips onto the glass, she took a smooth sip of the sweet wine. "This man tells me he has managed to gather a group of individuals who don't really .. appreciate the Republic. He wants me to aid them in bringing down the infrastructure of the Republic, brick by pretty brick." Elani stated coldly. "I require your blessing and your assistance with this." Elani placed the now half-empty glass of Bespin sparkle on the end table.

Trying to to scoff Slade held his tongue at the request of his father, he didn't have to tell him but he knew the look that said "shut up boy" when he saw it. Sitting back in one of the chairs in the lounge he let his father talk and exchange words with his farce of a sister. Slade was already hating her but, he saw himself a bit in her. He would be a bit nicer to the girl and hope she would come around to him. After all she and kaine were the only real family he had besides his mother. So Slade simply sat there and waited for their little business meeting to commence

@[member="Darth Vornskr"] @[member="Elani Zambrano"]

"Did you see who this man was, or what he sounded like?" Kaine asked, with an air of skepticism laced through his voice as he eyed his daughter warily. He didn't really want his only daughter joining a group of infidels that might one day oppose the true Dark Lord of the Sith, he'd hate to put her down in such a fashion. "But, if you are keen on doing so to help destabilize the Republic, then I have no place to refuse your request. All the Sith should work towards the destruction of Democracy, but some forget that goal and become absorbed in their own short-sighted ambitions. I am pleased that you have decided to commit yourself to such a cause." He turned to look at Slade, "One day you too will work towards the Republic's destruction, but you must become stronger." Slade did not have the experience to deal with the Republic dogs, but not for long.

"Not quite." she replied. "But I could tell he hated the Republic as much as we do. He truly believes he can unite the galaxy against them. I know that might seem a bit .. impossible. But," Elani paused to lean back into the couch. "It could prove to be very fruitful. Also, if he recieves help from me, he could owe the family a huge debt that could be paid by a lifetime of servitude." Elani explained with a slight smirk on her face. It seems she thought out everything. If the stranger's plans were to succeed, Elani would take advantage of him and bring him into the fold. If he were to fail, it would not matter. He would be dead and Elani would not even be known to be an accomplice of his. "All I require from you, Father, is a few .. donations towards this cause. The more the family contributes, the larger of a debt will be needed to be paid back."

"Typical of children... You don't see them for months, not knowing if they are alive or dead, and the first thing they want of you is your money." He laughed harshly as he finally decided to take a drink from his goblet of sparkling wine, and found it sub par in contrast with his usual darkened wine, but he drank it none-the-less. "How much are you initially asking for, daughter. I'll consider funding your ambitions for a time if the price is right, but in the end I hope to see results, and not failures. Our family cannot afford any more failures or setbacks, not at this point."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom