Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Keep the home fires burning.

When it raines, it pours.
sjheaderpurple.png

2200 Hours
It had been several months since the Silver Mobile Surgical Unit 2 had been spun up and sent out on a tour of duty. Today or rather tonight they were returning to Kashyyyk aboard the SSV Comfort; the SMSU's home away from home and base of operations for the multiple missions the Silver Circle medical team had been assigned to.

As the Boram-class hospital ship touched down upon the cruiser's designated landing pad at the edge of Silver Rest and adjacent to the Halls of Healing, a small greeting party was waiting for their arrival under the starport's floodlights. Since the hour was late, the fanfare was little to none. Mostly it was on duty medical personnel standing by to offload patients needing further care by the Jedi Healers, but there were also a few family members of the crew scattered about who had been notified of the pending return of their loved ones.

Samara Raine didn't have any family to notify per se... Well other than her love interest, Tyrell Caphey, but the Jedi Knight and the Antarian Ranger had only spoken a few times over the course of her tour of duty. Logistics and such she told herself, right? The active-duty soldier too had been busy with his own sortes so picking up their relationship where they left off was uncertain at this point, but she was hopeful. After all, it hadn't been just a fling at least from her point of view. The Tarisan had meant something to her, still did actually if honesty was a factor... probably too much for her own good being a Jedi and all. But, time would only tell.

The disembarkment chime went off giving the okay to leave the ship. The honey blonde stuffed one more thing into her duffle, then exited her cabin and walked to the turbolift. At the top of the boarding ramp, the Liann paused a moment to take in the essence of the Mid Rim jungle planet the Silver Jedi Order resided on. There was no mistaking the natural aroma of the wroshyr trees that made up the dense forest nearby the Jedi Temple and the cooking fires of the native Wookiees that waffled along on the light evening breeze. Home never smelled so good.

Samara walked down the incline in a set of tan healer robes with the duffle slung over her shoulder and a doctor's bag in hand. Sea green eyes looked out at those gathered off to the side of the landing pad, but the lights were too bright to make out who might be standing there in the small crowd, though Samara thought she sensed a familiar aura in the Force which brought a small smile to her elated yet tired face.

Tyrell Caphey Tyrell Caphey

Last edited:
Ever since the mission to Cyborrea, and the months leaving of his significant other, things had felt different for the tarisian sergeant in the Antarian Rangers. With duty above all else, they both haven't had much of time for a chat across the vast territories of the Silver Jedi Order and above that was their field of operations. It had been a long awaited and most welcome moment when they had been able to share some time through holoprojectors. He grew tierd of resting his eyes upon the liann jedi doctor's fine face.

Talking and seeing each others hologram were one thing though, and live interaction was another, like during their trip to Spira. They had taken a huge and considerable step in their relationship that time, before being more or less swept away in different directions afterwards. The memories were strong and warming, but for the tarisian soldier it was difficult to imagine how things would unfold when they finally could reach out and touch each other again.

Many new faces had appeared in the ranks of the rangers, and in between missions, sergeant Caphey had spent some time training and introducing new grunts to his own squad. Much like the jedi's, the life of a ranger was seldom static. Until now.

From a withdrawn position leant against a pillar close to the exit, he looked through the medical personnel that had gathered on the side of the platform. On a leave of absence until late tomorrow, he was casually clad in black hiking trousers and a white t-shirt. Military boots and an open jacket in Antarian Ranger colors and insignia and rank insignia on the chest. It was easy to spot her, not only because she were the first one to walk down the ramp. A small yet true and knowing smile spread across his lips as the personnel greeted her and the rest of the crew that were finally home again.

Samara Raine Samara Raine

Yes, it was him that she sensed!

Samara's eyes lit up when they met the Antarian Ranger's likewise green orbs. Fuzzy blue hologram projections did not do the man justice. Gods Tyrell looked good dressed in his casual soldier garb, and that smile of his as the ranger medic leaned back against that pillar. It made the Jedi Knight's heart go pitter-patter as she got closer to where he was waiting for her.

"Well, this is quite the homecoming," Sam beamed as she walked up to the sergeant. "Who knew a tall, dark, and handsome would be available to greet me. I am such a lucky girl," the blonde chortled, then leaned in conspiratorially. "I won't tell Stitcher if you don't. He might get jealous," she quipped lightly, referring to the healer's companion IM-6 battlefield medical droid who had stayed behind to help transfer patients from the hospital ship to the receiving ward in the Halls of Healing.

"So how have you been?" Sam queried with a slight tilt of her golden head, then her free hand reached forward with caring to grasp his. "I've missed you, Ty... "

''Oh, I'm just here for the view...''

The sarcasm in his voice were noticeable, while the corner of his mouth grew a knowing smirk to the jedi healer. Pulling her leg could be quite fun sometimes. He paused for a second before standing up straight. ''Welcome home, Sam. I've missed you.'' he continued in the confident southern tarisian basic accent she would know so well by now.

''Wouldn't want to get a jealous doctor droid on my back!'' he said with a chuckle and gladly took the blondes reached out hand.

''It's been busy... Lot of new faces in the ranks. The usual training and exercises. Mostly been holding the fort here and around the system. It's been... empty without you, realy.'' he said and gave her a kiss on the cheek. The warmth in the moment made it feel that they had not strayed too far from each other. Could they pick up from where they left?

A light blush heated Samara's face after Tyrell leaned in and placed his lips upon her cheek. The kiss was a cross between chaste and tender. It warmed the healer's heart and lifted her spirits. Coupled that with him taking her offered hand into his like time had never passed... Well, it was more than a girl could hope for after such a long separation without a solid commitment between them.

"Mhm, I do know what you mean. There is only so much work that can fill that empty spot on any given day," the Liann smiled, her green gaze holding his for a few lingering moments before a commotion nearby broke the connection.

Samara turned her golden head to find a family happily reunited. She watched as the father was holding a young boy that had jumped up onto him as his wife stood by his side with a baby in her arms. The whole scene stirred something deep within the Jedi, though Sam pushed that perhaps longing desire away and focused back on the handsome ranger who had been waiting for her upon arrival home.

"I don't know about you, Ty, but I'm starving. Supposedly our quarters were restocked with fresh food stores. Would you like to come over for a bite to eat with me? We could chat some more... that is if you don't have to get back to the base right away? I know it's rather late."

He would admit that he had missed drowning in those sea green orbs of the Liann jedi doctor. The spark and warmth between them while taking each others hands were truly something special.

With the commotion directing their attention to the other reuniting families, he silently followed Sam's gaze towards the child and the parents and back again. He could tell she were thinking of something, maybe not troubled but still deep in thoughts. He had his guesses, but even if he tried to observe the tiny changes and emotions across her fine facial lines, it was hard sometimes to read a jedi.

Either way, they seemed to share the same opinion that it was not the right time to discuss the matter, as Sam suddenly turned towards him with an invitation.

''Could I say no to that?'' he asked rhetorically, giving her hand a gentle squeeze before leaning in closer to her. Searching for that magic sea green gaze with his, he gently drew a finger down the Lianns cheek line.

''No... not in a million years.'' came the certain answer along with a slight shake to the head, before giving the Liann a single passionate kiss. She would have no doubts about his love for her after all this time.

His tender touch, the passionate kiss, brief as it was, made her heart flutter just as those signs of intimacy did when the two vacationed on Spira all those months ago. A warm smile graced Samara's lips as another blush colored the Liann's delicate features. Tyrell would see the joy in her eyes as he pulled away.

He still cares... as I do.

"Good, otherwise I'd have to mind trick you," the blonde Jedi jested lightly, then she tugged playfully on the charismatic Ranger's hand for him to follow her to the dormitory where her quarters were located.

With the rank of Knight and a member of the Silver Circle, Samara was eligible for a bigger suite than a single dorm room. Though since the healer did not have a padawan currently in her charge nor a family, she had chosen a one-bedroom studio for her personal living space at Silver Rest.

Samara punched in her security code on the wall panel, then walked through the open doorway into the small, modest apartment; lights coming on as she did. The living room was directly off to the right and a kitchenette was to the left. Just past the two-person breakfast bar was a room divider that housed the entertainment center as well as a shelving unit that had personal holopics and books displayed with a green plant atop. Beyond that was the hidden sleeping area with a private fresher.

"Mhm... Home, sweet home," Sam exclaimed in a gladful sigh, then she turned her golden head to look back at the handsome Tarisan, who had followed her inside.

Flashing a sweet smile his way, the Jedi doctor added. "Make yourself comfortable, Ty. Why don't you check out what's in the pantry while I freshen up? Then after I change, we can eat and talk. I'm sure there is lots to catch up on, hmm?"

With that said, the honey blonde disappeared behind the wall with her duty duffle in hand to grab some clean clothes from the closet before slipping into the fresher for a quick shower. Normally Samara would unpack right away because she was OCD that way, but tonight there were other priorities to attend to... Like a man in her quarters, her man, oh my!

Last edited:
Ty noticed Sam's shoulders and posture relax even more once the sliding door closed behind them and she released that gladful sigh. Memories from Spira came to his mind as they now were alone in her rather cozy and functional quarters. Maybe no room service to take care of them this time, nor a seaside balcony, but that was just tiny details considering the honey blonde beauty that now left him for the fresher.

''Oh, so you do trust me in the kitchen, huh?'' he called facetiously after her, while taking off his shoes and hanging the jacket on the nearest hanger.

He left a quick glance around the room with the living room on the right and the kitchenette on the left, before he went behind the counter and started to check through the pantry. Just as she had said, it was fresh stocked with a variety of mostly kashyyykian commodities but also a few stores from nearby systems. The wookiees were glad to share their resources with their friends in the Silver Jedi Order, and by humbly accepting that it saved the order costs and far transports. Mostly basic things, but also an assortment of goodies to welcome the returning crew of the SSV Comfort.

Not entirely sure of wether his lady was starving or just wanted a nightly snack, he picked out things like finely cut and dried ham, some hard cheeses and a bowl of fruits along with cutlery for them both and set the counter. On it stood already a bottle of kashyyykian red wine which, after reding the label, should have gone along pretty well with the foodstuff. He waited to open it though and tasted a piece of ham while waiting for Sam to be ready.

Samara chuckled to herself as she heard the Ranger's retort. The easy-going banter was starting to come back between them. That was a good sign, right? She quickly grabbed a change of clothes from the bedroom closet, then poked her golden head back into the main living area for a sec.

"My master always told me to trust yet verify so I plan to do just that," the honey blonde winked, then went into the fresher and closed the door behind her.

The Jedi Healer quickly slipped out of her robes, then into the shower; a real water one rather than a sonic one! She had looked forward to taking a long, hot, steamy one upon returning home... But with Tyrell greeting her and now the man waiting on her, the Liann chose to forego the self-pleasure and only took a short rinse for now.

Stepping out of the shower, Samara lathered on a lightly floral scented lotion. The last mission had been to an arid planet and now her skin was really dry. After that, she dressed in a charcoal grey, velour sweatsuit, which was her favorite as it was warm and comfy. Taking out the braid worn, she brushed through the golden curls left making them soft to touch. With a small amount of lip balm dabbed on, Sam was ready and very willing to eat whatever the Tarisan had prepared.

Padding out barefoot to the living area, the spread was laid out atop the counter of the breakfast bar. Samara smiled brightly as her green orbs took in the food, then gazed up to Tyrell's matching ones. "Well, this is quite the feast!" she exclaimed happily, seating herself upon one of the bar stools, then the Jedi popped a small piece of fruit into her mouth and chewed.

"It really is good to see you again... I think it's true what they say - that the heart does grow fonder while apart because I did miss you, Ty, more than you'll ever know." came the confession before any thought about what it truly meant was determined.

Having just made a false start with a cut piece of cheese, Ty gave Sam a half guilty look and a smirk as she reentered the room from the shower. It was a feast resting his eyes on the Liann's natural beauty. No makeup was needed upon that stunning face, and it had been his firm opinion ever since Spira and even further back.

''Thanks to your jedi order. I'm just a simple ranger that have the luck to be with someone who is welcomed home to goodies like this...'' he said and reached over the counter to give her a kiss on the lips. The light fragrance of the floral lotion got him to stay reached over for a moment.

''Mm, love that scent...'' he stated with a lowered voice, giving her a smile with a playful mischievous hint in it.

He made his way around the counter and sat up on the other bar stool, right beside her.

''I think you're right. Things haven't realy felt the same around here when you were gone... The brightest moment of the week being to hear from you...'' he began explaining that he had been having the same feelings. He laid a hand on her lower back and side and caressed it some. Throwing a glance at the wine bottle, he then looked at her.

''A glass of wine for my finally returned jedi?''

Samara blushed. "I'm glad you looked forward to our chats as much as I did, Ty. They were uplifting to say the least," she remarked with a smile, then her gaze followed his over to the wine bottle and then back.

"I think a glass of wine is exactly what I need, Please do me the honor, hmm?"

While Tyrell Caphey Tyrell Caphey poured them each a glass, the Jedi munched on a piece of cheese and cracker so that the alcohol wouldn't go straight to her head... or maybe that is what the Ranger was hoping for! If anything, it might help ease some of the awkwardness of being apart for so long or even increase the hunger caused by that distance... The Liann was anxious about it all as usual, though she knew how much the man cared for her or seemingly did still so it shouldn't matter either way, right? Just let things go forward naturally and see where it leads to.

Samara took her offered glass, then lifted it up in a toast. "To us. May our journies always bring us back to each other safe and sound," And with that said, the blonde healer clinked her goblet against the Tarisian's and took a sip.

"Mhm... This is good. Reminds me of one we shared on Spira."

Last edited:
With the toast, the Ranger sergeant added the all so charming and confident smile of his. Something he knew the Liann jedi were quite fond of.

''That could be because it is the same... I remember you liked it, so... I thought, what better way could it be than to welcome you home with something from that trip?'' he said, while with satisfaction seeing Sam enjoy the wine from their special trip together. So, he had made a spot-on choice getting the bottle in time for her homecoming. It was a small and simple gesture, realy. After this time together with the jedi healer, he had largely learned what she liked and not - and that trip was hard to forget.

He put together a cracker and a slice of cheese, eating it before sinking it down with a sip of the red delicate liquid.

''That was quite a trip, huh? Remember the beach?'' he asked while swirling the wine around in the glass, looking contemplatingly at it and then directed his green gaze upon the woman he loved so much.

''Things took an interesting turn, to say the least...'' he added while meeting the Liann's sea green orbs. The same orbs that he had encountered on that garden party. Here. At the Silver Rest when he was a fresh corporal in the Rangers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom