Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ke'Cholo's Slugthrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Google, Microsoft. (Wouldn't let me post it here for some reason, check comments or my dev thread)

Intent: Ke'Cholo's unique, and personal, slugthrower.

Development Thread:

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/78190-defective-on-arrival/?view=getnewpost

Manufacturer: Gresh, unique.

Model: Custom, N/A

Affiliation: Ke'Cholo

Modularity: Yes, different sights or scopes can be attached and different rounds can be used.

Production: Production: Unique

Material: Durasteel, black market enhancement parts, blaster components, slugthrower components.

Classification: Slugthrower.

Size: Handheld.

Length: About 1 meter

Weight: About 6 kilograms

Ammunition Type: Slugs

Ammunition Capacity: 20

Effective Range: Battlefield

Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic (20 rounds in 20 seconds), and automatic (20 rounds in 15 seconds).

Special Features: Custom made by a weapon smith, automatic, pierces armor better than a regular blaster, variable ammunition, switchable/removable sights, and high capacity.

Description: Ke'Cholo's long time friend Gresh, a fantastic weapon smith gifted Ke'Cholo this weapon. This automatic slugthrower is custom made from illegal parts, blaster parts, and slugthrower parts. The advantage of a slug thrower is the ability to pierce armor in ways normal blaster's can't. Material's such as cortosis are brittle but energy resistant, since a slugthrower doesn't use energy projectiles it can easily break through. However a slug thrower is much, much louder than a regular blaster so stealth may not be an option. Also the advantage of such weapons is the ability for other ammunition to be used such as ones that pierce armor better, explode on impact, hollow point rounds, rounds that emit gas, and rounds that are incendiary. This particular slug thrower can hold up to 20 slugs, and fire an entire magazine in 15 seconds on automatic, about 20 on semi-automatic. The ammunition used is a higher caliber (.50 caliber Beowulf) and is thus bigger than an average slug.

+Pierces armor better
+Variable ammunition
+Automatic
+Custom made

-Somewhat uncommon ammunition
-Loud
-Not an energy weapon
-Custom made/only one man knows the in's and out's of it

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Rusty

Hi, my name is Rusty and I'll be your friendly neighborhood Factory Judge.

Couple of comments here.

Firstly, dev threads have to be at least ten posts long, and they have to be completed by the time you submit the project. That's not a huge deal here, since a weapon like this wouldn't ordinarily require development. That's just something to keep in mind for future submissions.

Secondly, your description is a bit vague. I don't expect people to know the difference between gas piston operated or direct gas impingement, but it is helpful to pick a caliber and break things down by strengths and weaknesses. Everything requires balance, so it makes it a lot easier on both the judge and submitter when things are organized.

[member="KeCholo"]

Rusty

Yeah, loads better. Doesn't necessarily have to be a list, but it helps.

I'm going to assume that's .50 Beowulf rather than .50 BMG? It sounds nitpicky until you realize that one is a bullet designed to be fired out of the AR platform and the other is designed to be fired from a rifle that would make Chewbacca nervous.

Oh, something I forgot last post.

KeCholo said:
Effective range is 1.5x that of a regular blaster rifle.

Change that to Battlefield and you'll be good. You can use exact numbers if you like, but "regular blaster rifle" covers a whole lot of territory.

[member="KeCholo"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom