Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech KE-3 Rotational Incendiary Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The darkness lays ever near the light.
gOa6pfW.png

Out of Character Information
Production Information
  • Manufacturer: Kiribian Systems Armoury
  • Model: KE-3 Rotationl Incendiary Cannon
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
    Turadium Plating
  • Cannon Compnents
  • Electrical Components

​​Technical Specifications
  • Classification: Mass Driver Cannon
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: KE-3 Incendiary Round (20mm Rounds)
  • Ammunition Capacity: Dependant on Vehicle
  • Reload Speed: Average
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Stopping Power: High
  • Recoil: None - This cannon can only be integrated into vehicles.
Special Features
  • Automated Targeting System - The canon has an automated targeting system, detecting the nearest vehicle or starship and keeping the barrel of the cannon aimed at said vehicle/starship.It will not fire automatically, however.
  • 360 Degree Vertical and Horizontal Rotation - This Incendiary Cannon is able to rotate 360 degrees in order to deploy it's rounds more effectively.
Strengths
  • Automated Targeting System
  • Long Range: The cannon - due to the nature of the ammunition used - is quite effective at long ranges.
  • Rapid and Precise Fire: Due to the cannon being Mass Driver, it is capable of rapid and precise fire.
Weaknesses
  • Jamming: Due to the automated targeting system integrated into the cannon, it is vulnerable to sufficiently powerful ECMs. If the cannon was to be jammed, it would not function.
  • Must be Integrated: The KE-3 Cannon will not function unless it is integrated into a larger system, I.E. a vehicle or starship.
  • EMP/Ion Blasts: Should the ammunition be hit by an EMP either before or after deployment, they would not function at all and would simply do no damage.
Description
The KE-3 Rotational Incendiary Cannon is a canon that must be integrated into a larger system such as a walker or starfighter. It takes advantage of Kiribian Systems Armoury's KE-3 Incendiary Rounds and is primarily used to do significant amounts of damage to un-shielded and weak vehicles or starships.

The Cannon uses an automated targeting system in order to find vehicles to attack - it is attracted to electrical systems and so targets these system's weakest points. These points could include the engines or thrusters on a starfighter or the joints within a walker's legs. Also, due to it's spherical shape, it is able to move smoothly 360 degrees on a vertical and horizontal axis. However, due to the Incendiary Rounds used, there is a delayed detonation that does very little damage to armoured or shielded opponents initially.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Darren Torran"]

Darren Torran said:
Delayed Detonation: Due to the KE-3 Incendiary Rounds that the canon takes advantage of, the rounds fired have a detonation delay of 2-5 seconds to allow the drones to find the weakest point to take advantage of.

Darren Torran said:
Armoured Enemies: Should the targeted enemy be armoured or shielded in any way, the Incendiary rounds will do very little damage initially.
These are the same, and not really a weakness besides. Unless there is some way the rounds don't detonate or something. I'm aware that this is derived from the source sub, but the point stands.

As a non-judgement related note, you've got the wrong 'cannon.' Canon is a law or code, cannon's go boom. This should, presumably, be the latter.

The darkness lays ever near the light.
Hi! Sorry about the wait - I've been ill these past few days and haven't been able to do much at all. That being said, I believe I've fixed everything. As a side note, however, I was simply tired when I made this submission and so the misspelling of cannon was a complete fail on my behalf :p

As for the weaknesses, I've replaced them with the following:

• Jamming: Due to the automated targeting system integrated into the cannon, it is vulnerable to sufficiently powerful ECMs. If the cannon was to be jammed, it would not function.
  • EMP/Ion Blasts: Should the ammunition be hit by an EMP either before or after deployment, they would not function at all and would simply do no damage.
I hope these are sufficient. Thanks!

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom