Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kashyyyk Living

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Silver Rest
Kashyyyk

With the Jedi Temple of Silver Rest now complete. Jessica thought it a perfect time to return to Kashyyyk and see what [member="Reggie Faayare"] was up to. Thusly, dressed in teal adventuring gear, Jessica awaited his presence in the new Great Hall. Sipping on a warm thermos of Sleepy Time Tea while she waited.

Mmm. Yum.

Reggie hurried to the Great Hall, trying not to keep his mentor waiting. As usual, he wore simple clothes that didn't bring attention to himself. A red tunic and pants, nothing special. He really needed to get his own jedi robes soon, but he had put his focus on research as he always did. One thing was different about his attire however, and that difference was the oracle lightsaber holstered on the right side of his belt. When he finally arrived, he saw [member="Jessica Matthews"] waiting for him, enjoying some tea.

"Welcome back Master, It's nice to see you again!"

He bowed in respect for his mentor

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jess smiled and gave him a happy bow in reply,

"Hello hello. And yes indeed. Lovely to be back. Traveling is always so fun but home is where the heart is. Hehe."

She sipped her tea and looked around the new Great Hall,

"Well. I see things have been speeding along in my absence. How about you Faayare? Anything new since last we talked?"

[member="Reggie Faayare"]

Reggie hadn't been very active in her absence, most of his time being made up of research and practice in the way of the force. For most, it would have been a boring few days, but not for him. He had learned so much in the time he had and was proud of that.

"Well I have surely learned much in your absence. I spent days learning about people in history such as Obi-wan Kenobi, Meetra Surik, Revan, and many others! By the way, did you know that Revan has laid the foundations for certain teaching for both the Sith and Jedi? Also, his prowess as a tactician and knowledge in the force was extraordinary! I've also been improving my force abilities. Right now I can use telekinesis pretty well, and I also learned how to heal with the force....though my healing isn't the most powerful yet, heh."

Reggie went on about what he researched, showing particular interest in Revan and his history. He eventually realized that he was rambling, so he changed the subject.

"I also started training with Master Daniels in how to use a lightsaber. By the way, did you see my lightsaber?"

he took his lightsaber off the holster and presented it to his mentor.

"Im pretty proud of it if I do say so myself! The trial that I went through to get it was pretty....."

Reggie stopped what he was saying, not trying to remember the trial he had went through in the cave just yet. He still felt guilty for what he almost did, even though it was just a vision.

[member="Jessica Matthews"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Oh my.

Jessica smiled, "You have been busy."

Not only had Reggie discovered his own talents? He had already begun using them. Excellent. Oh! And a lightsaber too. Most excellent. She took a moment to examine it.

"A fine construction Reggie. I'm very proud of your accomplishments. And I'm sure Master Revan would be too. Hehe."

Matthews knew little of the Jedi from before the Great Plague. But she was always proud of others who took the time to study them.

She gave Reggie back his sword.

"And what now? You were about to mention a trial?"

"Right, the trail. Well, when I ventured to Ilum with Master Bones and Lasky to retrieve our lightsaber crystals, I had some sort of vision. Me and Lasky were told that the cave was strong with the force and that it would test us in different ways. Before I obtained my crystal, I experienced some sort of hallucination. A shadow like figure had offered me the knowledge I need to go out and help the galaxy, but I had to kill Jason to retrieve this knowledge."

As he continued, guilt had begun to show on his face.

"I almost went through with it. I mean, Jason was the one that cut my eye when we were younger, and what I was being offered was alluring to me. Of course, I didn't go through with it, and that's when my force abilities awakened. I had passed the trail that the force gave me and I retrieved my lightsaber crystal. There was one problem though. I may not have went through with cutting down the fake Jason, but I thought about doing it just so I could strengthen my knowledge of the force and other things in the galaxy....even though it was for just a second and even though it was only a vision, I feel guilty for letting my desire overcome me. I'm afraid that my search for knowledge will outweigh my desire to protect one day, and will take me down a dark path. I don't want that to happen."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica nodded. She understood. Probably all too well.

"Choice. Padawan Faayare. Is the greatest gift of the Gods. The highest test of the Force. Because choice is ever present. Temptation, never ending. What you experienced in that cave you will experience again. Because as Jedi, our ability to choose is always present. The Darkside, always available. The ability to become that which we seek most to stem, just one decision away."

She smiled,

"But that's just life. So do not feel to guilty about considering to do that dark thing. It would be unwise not to have considered every outcome to your situation. And you made the right decision in the end. Which is all that matters to me. Hehe."

Jess shrugged. The past was the past.

"Focus on the present Padawan. And your feelings for the past will never dissuade you."

She sipped her tea and nodded again. Letting the moment pass.

"Now. How about your other goals for this year? Are there any more challenges that still await the Silver Jedi's most promising student? Hehe."

Reggie smiled, happy to have someone understand his dilemma and bestowed wisdom. He never talked about it with anyone else, at least not in great detail. His troubles weren't as burdensome now. Being called the most promising student made Reggie laugh though. After meeting so many other padawans, Reggie knew that he had a lot of work to do in order to catch up.....which is why he was glad it wasn't a contest. Not for him at least.

"Well, I plan on doing whatever I can to help out the Silver Jedi at the moment and go on any missions that I may be tasked with. I also want to explore the surrounding planets so I can be exposed to different environments and gain new experiences. Oh, and I hope to increase my knowledge of the force and obtain the title of Jedi Knight! At the moment, i'm trying to learn Battle Meditation! I haven't had much success of course, especially since it's considered a Knight level ability, but trying to learn this ability has helped me grasp how to use others."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica balked at his mention of Battle Meditation. It was easily one of the most complicated skills any Jedi could learn. But, I suppose if you learned to use it in moderation and only in short bursts? Well. Maybe. Let's just say Reggie still had a long way to go for that one. Heck. Jessica couldn't learn it even if she'd wanted to.

She shrugged and rubbed her chin anyway.

"Missions eh?"

She remembered that Jedi did indeed go on missions. It was a thing in the earlier days of the Silver Jedi too. Back when there wasn't thousands of Force Sensitives all over Voss and beyond. She nodded to the thought and pondered just what types of missions Jedi Knights would do these days. Recruiting and philanthropy, I suppose.

"Interesting..."

She'd give that some thought. Hmm. Maybe making Reggie a diplomat to another faction wasn't such a bad idea? After all. The other Jedi on Deneba would love the guy.

"Well. How about that datacron I gave you? Are you finally becoming the Jedi Scholar you always hoped to be? Hehe."

It was strange. Back on Tatooine poor Reggie never had an opportunity in the world. Now. The galaxy was his oyster. He could go anywhere, on any ship, with anybody, and buy just about anything he wanted. From pauper to prince in less than a few weeks. Gosh. She sure hoped this whole Jedi Padawan thing wasn't spoiling him. She'd need to check his monthly allowance the Temple paid him. Hopefully it was still a lot less than what she'd been paid as a Knight back on Voss. Mmm.

Reggie was wondering what his mentor was thinking about, especially since he mentioned his desire to learn battle meditation. He pushed it aside when Jessica mentioned the datacron she had gave to him.

"Oh, I have achieved much more than I thought! I never knew how much I was missing back on Tatooine. everything I was taught, all he stories I heard, they're nothing compared to what I've discovered since you took me in as a jedi! for that, I am grateful by the way!"

He smiled, showing that he was grateful. Without Jessica, Reggie would still be on Tatooine feeling as though he was wasting his life.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Excellent."

She smiled and nodded again. Then placed the cap back onto her tea and motioned for him to follow.

"Time for a quick show and tell then. Follow me up to the training rooms."

They moved through the Great Hall and up to the second floor. Finding an empty dojo, Jess pressed the button on the wall to bring up the lights.

"Ah. Here we are. Perfect."

She placed her drink on a bench and nodded to the wide open space.

"Okay Reggie. Why don't you take a moment to show me the skills you've learned so far. Let's start with telekinesis."

Jess moved to the equipment cabinet and withdrew one of the round training probes. Then placed it on the floor near the center of the room.

"There. Now. Show me what you can do. Hehe."

At first, Reggie didn't understand what she meant at first when she said it was time for show and tell, but he understood once they got to the training room. He had already figured out how to use the ability effectively. Size, shape, weight; everything about a object was important when using telekinesis. Reggie can't lift a star ship or a building up, it would require going pass his limits in almost every aspect.

When his mentor put the training probes in the middle of the room, Reggie instantly reached out with the force and levitated the probe, and brought it towards himself. Believing he could do more, Reggie extended his left hand and used the force to move the mug that Jessica had placed on the bench.

"Do you want another sip of your tea master?"

Reggie was careful when he brought the mug towards his mentor, making sure he did not spill anything or drop the mug. He was showing off, which meant that he was very confident in using this ability.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica raised an eyebrow in distaste at his levitation of her mug.

"Well. It seems you've got the hang of that."

She snapped and grabbed the mug from the air. Hmph.

"Not bad for a Padawan's first year. It appears you have the natural talent of a full fledged adept. A gift that is becoming more and more prevalent among our recruits lately. Interesting."

She shrugged and placed her mug back on the bench. Then gestured towards his lightsaber.

"And that? How you had much practice with Form One too?"

Reggie smiled as she complimented his efficiency with the ability.

"You really think so? To be honest, it did take some time to improve my efficiency with Telekinesis. No where near as much as my healing though, i'm still working on perfecting that right now."

The mention of his training in Form One made him a bit embarrassed. Unlike the other Padawans, Reggie was still working on his skill in the lightsaber form.

"I have been practicing in Form One, but i'm still not where I should be in terms of proficiency. I can defend myself, but i'm still clumsy and will most likely lose in a duel."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"A duel?" Jessica balked.

"Goodness Reggie. You're only eighteen. Heavens me. No need to go charging off to conquer the Sith Lords already. ...Why, in fact. You're doing exceptional for a first year student. Grand even. I most assuredly wouldn't want your expectations to grow legions. Tsk tsk. Slow down boy. Hehe."

In all good truth. It had taken Jessica four years to learn Form One. Though, she was rare to admit it.

"Look. All of this Jedi'ism is great. Perfect for you, even. But... I wonder if it has already blinded you to other prospects for a young man your age. Adventures such as finding a healthy occupation, a physical hobby, learning to fly a airspeeder, and dating the most beautiful women on all of Kashyyyk. Hehe."

She tapped her chin lightly. Smiling and thinking about what to say next.

"I think you need something to take care of. Hmm... Not a pet. No. Too messy. Not a starship. No. Too expensive. ...Ah! I know."

Jessica snapped her fingers,

"Bingo. I think you need a speeder bike!"

Reggie felt a bit embarrassed now that he thought about it. He was so focused on improving his skills and knowledge that he forgot about the simple things a person his age should be doing. It just never crossed his mind, especially the idea of dating. A speeder bike sounded nice though, something he could afford and use in his adventures.

"A speeder bike sounds nice! I think that will work."

In reality, Reggie didn't feel as though it was necessary....which was the problem. Looking back at things now, he's beginning to detach himself from the world, which may make that vision he had a reality. He won't let that happen. Besides, it'll be fun

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica smiled. Necessity was often a tool of evolution. And it was Matthews job to see that Reggie was evolving in all the best ways.

"Work? Ha. Sure. It will be the perfect distraction for you. After all. How you budget your time will determine what kind of person you become. Spend too much time trying to become a Jedi and you'll quickly forget how to be a perfectly good human being. Hehe. ...Well. It happens to all us too. As silly as it sounds. Life is about balance. Finding time for all good things. A time to be eating and a time be full. A time to be running and time to rest. A time to study the Jedi and a time to look after worldly affairs."

She shrugged,

"If you think angels spend all day flying around clouds? Well. Then you'll never know heaven. And if you think demons spend all day sharpening their horns? Well. Then you'll never see hell coming either."

She tapped her chin,

"Now. I know. I know. I'm not your mother and I'm not your baby sitter. The only person here who is in charge of his own destiny, is you. ...So, rather than command that you start servicing and repairing a whole new speederbike this year? I'm going to give you an invitation instead. Reggie. I think you need to find a better balance of your time here on Kashyyyk. I think you need a hobby. Hehe."

She shrugged again.

"So. What do you say? Will you give an old Jedi Master's wisdom some thought eh?"

As always, Reggie took his mentor's wisdom to the heart. While Jessica wasn't his mother or babysitter as she said, he would always heed her words.

"Of course i'll give your wisdom some thought Master! it's the least I can do after everything you've done for me. Besides, having a speeder bike sounds like fun!"

Things would go at a different pace from now on, which was a good thing.

""It'll help me get out more and meet my peers too! I definitely need to make some friends around here."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Oh. Having a speeder bike is fun. Like... Alot of fun! Haha.

"Excellent. I am glad to hear it."

She walked over to her mug on the bench and picked it back up again.

"Okay then. I suppose that's enough instruction for one day. Unless you have any questions, I'll let you get back to things. Hehe."

Jessica realized that she had just asked Reggie to rearrange his whole life again. So she would need to give him time to settle back into things. Then she remembered that she had forgotten to ask him about his meditation techniques either.

"Oh!... Actually. Have we gone over your meditation techniques yet? I forgot to ask if you have been using the gardens or meditation chambers this week?"

"uh...no, I haven't yet."

Reggie had forgotten all about meditation. It had slipped his mind completely. Meditation was a important part of understanding and using the force, while also helping a person find peace, so Reggie was surprised that he had forgotten.

"It sorta slipped my mind, heh."

He started to rub the back of his head out of embarrassment

[member="Jessica Matthews"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom