Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karin's Dead

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana stared in abject horror as she felt waves of pure hatred falling off the Girl. The Jedi Knight righted herself slightly, pointing Tyrfing towards the ground in a defensive stance. She had no words anymore, no placating thoughts, not a thing she could say would sway the girl from being angry. Her mother had died, and Diana had failed in delivering the news with a kind heart. A sadness filled the Jedi's eyes, tears nearly streaming from her face as well, what a mistake she had made.

“We don't have to fight.” Diana pleaded with Evelynn, she did not want to fight this girl, much less kill her.

The Jedi Knight didn't know what to do. She would defend herself of course, but this situation was hardly a pleasant one. Tyrfing gleaned slightly as the light caught it, the Kath Hound beside Evelynn barred his teeth and Diana felt a set of goosebumps go up her spine.

She had not wanted this.

Suddenly a wave pressed against the ground. The intricate stone masonry cracked and broke, tiles were torn apart and a cloud of dust was thrown up. Diana's eyes opened wide in shock, and in response to the force push she threw up her own palm. A counter force push surged from her hand, minuscule compared to what Evelynn had fielded but still significant.

The pressure waves struck one another, Diana's counter attack struggling and ultimately failing against the onslaught of Evelynn's initial strike. The force push continued, striking Diana and sending her flailing back, though not knocking her off her feet.
@[member="Evelynn Dorn"]

Evelynn

E
Oh gosh, look at them both. They could start a band together, The Weepy Sisters. One plays the piano and the other wails forlornly in the background. It's pretty indie, you've probably never even heard of them.

The strength of that blast of force had surprised her. In terms of force abilities the girl teetered at somewhere just looking over the wall of average, there was no doubt she could do them but it had always been a matter of concentration, after all she was so easily flustered.

She didn't realise it at the time, but a nugget of information dropped quietly into her head upon unleashing her fury.

The dark side was easy. It was almost too easy to just draw from that font of emotions and then unleash, a real testament to power was control, not simply lashing out using whatever primal emotion was driving you.

That knowledge would remain buried for some amount of time.

“...THEN WHAT?!” the girl screeched, completely exasperated, she took a few steps forward, slipping into a stance that had only been familiar in training. Don't ask me for a form, I don't roll that way. The girl was adamant that fighting was the only way that this problem was to be solved, let's take a moment to marvel the power of emotions and they can cloud judgement.

Put down your weapon this instant! No daughter of mine shall behave like an animal!

The wind was knocked from her sails. In fact, as soon as she heard the voice of her mother crack across her mind like a whip the girl's sails were in face demolished. Karin Dorn was far from dead, and she had felt the ripples of her daughter's anguish from across the galaxy. A divine intervention? No. Just mum.

She deactivated her saber, falling to her knees in such a dramatic fashion that she might have won an Oscar for it. The moment of telepathy had torn through the scene with such dominance that the Jedi would have been likely to have felt it. Evelynn dropped the hilt and Chomp, dear confused Chomp stood by his master.

“Y-you...you...said she was...”

@[member="Diana Moridena"]

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana stood in the courtyard blinking, unsure for a second who the voice had belonged to. She had only heard Karin speak once or twice, and one of those times had been in the heat of battle. It took the Jedi Knight quite some time to decipher the mysterious voice that had popped into her head with a solid jab of pain. Only when she heard Evelynns weeping cry did she realized that she had just heard a dead woman speaking.

Utter shock was on the girls face, completely unable to understand what had just happened.

“I..I..” Stuttering filled her speech. “She was...I saw her on the ground. I saw her dead.”

Diana did not mention that she had lacked a head and then had had her corpse looted but that was just basic instinct. The Jedi Knight was completely startled, she did not understand how Karin could have spoken. She had been Sith, the force would never have allowed her to remain here...to turn into a force ghost, it made no sense.

An expression of confusion fell on her as she looked at Evelynn, her sword hand shaking.
@[member="Evelynn Dorn"]

Evelynn

E
Yes, best not mention the decapitated looting.

It was blatant from the Jedi's reaction that this wasn't a ploy, this was genuine. They had slain Karin Dorn and yet, somehow, some way, they had failed. You had to give it to her mother, the most stubborn woman in the galaxy, would fend off death itself to protect her only child.

In hindsight, this was tragic.

Evelynn, using Chomp as an aid returned to her feet. The dramatics were ebbing away and like the silly teenage girl she was caught in the flux. “...you've...you've been tricked...” she sniffled, wiping her eyes on the back of her sleeve.

No. We've been tricked.

This was a situation grown beyond awkward, emotional roller coasters aside she had struck out at a Jedi, not the wisest of decisions going. “I-I-I'm...sorry...” she bent down, retrieving her lightsaber hilt from the ground, “I h-h-have to go.” Her heart was still pounding within, threatening to break the walls of her chest down.

She would give Diana no chance to object, she looked to the other woman, misty eyes pleading.

“P-please....don't f-fu-follow me.....I...I can't...”

With that the squirrel girl scurried off, with Chomp hot at her heels.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana stood there absolutely stunned. She had no idea what had just happened, she had no idea what was happening still. Her eyes glazed over slightly and her mind ran completely asunder. Her knee's collapsed from under her, and with a soft thud Diana fell to her knees. She did not notice the impact on her legs, and she felt as though the pain that spiked through them belonged to someone else.

She stared after Evelynn, cocking her head slightly. “Wait!”

The call was nearly a whisper, it sounded almost as though she didn't even say it. She was confused. How could one survive death? How could one live through...being beheaded. She did not understand, she couldn't. Such a thing was entirely impossible. And yet she had heard Karin's voice as clear as it had been on Dantooine, as clear as it had been in the enclave when the woman had spoken.

She felt tears falling down her face, hot liquid flowing from her eyes and down her cheeks. Had she been wrong? Had she not caused the death of another being? Despite herself Diana felt a twinge of joy. Perhaps she had not been at fault for another death.

A smile touched her face, though it didn't seem to belong there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom