Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kar'am be te Manda'lor (Breath of the Manda'lor) {Factory Lore Challenge}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

artificial-lung.jpg

Source: zmescience.com

Intent: To assist those of the Manda, and otherwise, show their love of culture, stripping themselves of the Force, basically rendering themselves a humanoid ysalamir
Development Thread: Void Stone Auction --> Wingless Pixie // Make It Up
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn, Inc. // [member=Damien Daemon]
Model: Kar'am be te Manda'lor (Breath of the Manda'lor) // K-Lung
Affiliation: Mandalorians // Closed Market (REQUIRES DEV THREAD)
Modularity: Lolnope
Production: Semi-Unique (PC's Only)

Material: Void Stone Filaments & Powder // Artificial Lung Tissues & Structures

Strengths:
  • [ One lung ] ~ The void stone dust and filament in the lungs are there to weaken Force abilities. It produces a dampened connection to the Force when used against the implantee
  • [ More the Merrier ] ~ If both lungs are replaced, the effect is a potent Force dampening aura, the effects being comparable to that of a 2 centimeter Ysalamir field around the wearer.
Weaknesses:
  • [ Danger ] ~ These are artificial, they are not biological, nor designed to automatically be inserted. They can be rejected, cause infection, work improperly, amongst other things
  • [ Serious Danger ] ~ The Void Stone linings can, in certain cases, wind up absorbed to the blood stream, ending in potential blood poisoning or death
  • [ One Size, Does Not Fit ] ~ These lungs are not all sizes fit, they are made to fit a lithe, toned, body. Those of larger sizes will find they are incredibly winded swiftly, and will not fit properly in smaller bodies
  • [ Cyber Attacks ] ~ These are made from sterile, non allergenic plastics. That's it. They can be easily damaged, which then again leads to the infection of poisoning etcetera
  • [ To Much... ] ~ Being plastic, should they be used to much, they will be to stressed and potentially rupture. This most heavily applies to the aforementioned larger bodies
  • [ Breathing Difficulties ] ~ No inhalers, or asthma medication, can fix an out of breath problem with these.
  • [ Stabby Mcstab Stab ] ~ Of course, if they are punctured, by any variant of a stabbing weapon or accident, it will again reach the same points as above
  • [ Force Healing ] ~ Force healing cannot be used against a wearer of these
Description: Kashyyyk. An invasion that occurred during the end of Damien's reclusion. But the information reached him non the less, of a War began by Ra Viszla, Manda'lor of the current times. They waged battle against the Republic, tearing through their defenses. It was quite the battle...

Until a traitor showed their faces. Jack Raxis, a member of the known Clan Raxis. The man challenged Ra, claiming what he had formed of the Clans was wrong, that he was not fit to be the Manda'lor in any fashion. He called for a battle in the sands, of singular arms combat. The result was undeniable. His tail between legs as he fled.

Ra led them to the final moment of war.

Then instantly called for a meeting of Alors. They did so, with as many clansmen available as could reach the grounds. Gray Raxis, Alor of Clan Raxis, was summoned as well. He and his closest allies were ridiculed, berated, savaged, and called traitorous. The embarrassment did not end however, as Gray was then armed with a powerful blade, and commanded to fight.

At the loss of an arm, and much leadership notation, Gray's honor upheld. The Clan was named non traitor, that those that followed Jack did not speak for the whole, nor did Jack.

This led Damien Daemon to a singular understanding: some simply were not worthy of the Force. So he had Merr-Sonn find a stone of a vast size found, Void Stone, a stone able to deminish the Force in its area. This was powdered, so fine a sneeze could kill everyone in a room as the fine grains shot into the air to be absorbed with an inhale. Then it was mixed into the tissues, metals, and all things going into making artificial lungs.

By end time they found a lung that was able to heavily dampen powers that would effect one physically, though not entirely ceasing it. If two were used? You would find a being that had major Force defenses.

They could be used for punishment, means to show loyalty, or some other things. Long story short, it is a lung, or set of, that dampens the Force.

Primary Source: Voidsteel
Invasion: The Mandalorian Crusade: MC vs GR - Invasion of Kashyyyk

Matreya

To the Judges:

This was meant to be posted as Damien. No there was no change of ownership etc of the stone. I simply was signed into the wrong account

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Matreya

Lol that is contradictory. My apologies. It seems I forgot a bit.

Edited the correction and also added wee fluff to it.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Valashu Elahad said:
The Mandalorian Crusade: MC vs GR - Invasion of Kashyyyk // Where Art Thou /
[member="Gir Quee"]

Where art thou only has you posting two times. This is not enough development for you to claim the void stone challange.

As for the invasion of Kashyyyk, please link all the relative posts that detail specifically for what you are trying to claim as development.

Matreya

The Mandalorian portion is to explain the link to the Lore Challenge begun by Jon. Its a link to it, not actually a part of dev for this.

As well I was under the assumption that two pages of dev would be good, as they all were working toward the same end. Which is what I was always taught counted toward dev. I'll remove it though.

Edit:
Removed the link. Still confused about it but either way, I acquiesced.

Edit edit:
Also added an image, not sure if its showing up though.

[member="Cira"]

[member="Valashu Elahad"]

Unless it is for the development, no, it isn't required for the portion of "Development" You may link it elsewhere to show that this is due to this particular invasion for the lore item.

However, I am uncomfortable at this being used for Limited (Only A Select Group Of NPCs/PCs). Other void stone submissions have had extensive development threads at semi-unique and limited in comparison.

• For very limited ( only pc's ) I will need a development thread of 20 to 25 quality posts for this.

I am also uncomfortable that both lungs can basically make one Force dead, which isn't the case with Void Stone.

"The Void Stone had an unusual connection with the Force. Any Force-sensitive person within one hundred meters of the Void Stone would have difficulty using their Force powers effectively. Even those who did not consciously use the Force would suffer from impaired connection to the Force."

This is impaired use of the Force. Not completely force dead. Please edit this to reflect your submission accordingly.

In terms of Affiliation: And as per the Factory lore rules, this is only applicable to the members of a major faction which participated in the invasion.

• Each challenge submission should be clearly marked as usable by all members of a major faction which participated in the Invasion. If the Invasion’s relevant major faction no longer exists, the submission may A) be usable by former members of the defunct faction, or B ) be usable by an existing major faction which has some degree of continuity with the defunct faction (ideology and/or territory and/or historical connections, etc.).

Please add that this is affiliated to only the Mandalorians and the Republic.

Matreya

So the twenty that is included does not count toward the twenty posts then?

I will move the invasion link.

Also, please clarify. I haven't seen anywhere that it specifically says it may only be used by the involved Factions. It is meant for the Manda and any who wish to use it, so I will mark Manda. But I did not see where it says they may only be affiliated with the involved factions. Admittedly its been a while since I looked at the rules.

[member="Cira"]

Matreya

Edited the invasion to the bottom, and switched the term Force Dead to being untouchable similar to a ysalmir. Which is the same as mentioned in the voidsteel sub, which I also linked in primary.

Also I lowered if to semi, with a notation that only pcs can use it. How much more dev on top of the twent I have now would I need?

[member="Cira"]

The twenty posts were for the restricted material, not for the actual development of this item. This is 20 to 25 posts for the development on top of the development thread each person will need to make to acquire them for themselves.

Void Stone is a restricted item, and what you are basically trying to do is something akin to Void Steel but with lungs; and void steel is semi-unique for PC's only of the Mandalorian Faction.

The total changes requested are the following:

• Affiliation: Mandalorians and Republic ( PC members of the major faction which participated in the Invasion of Kashyyyk)
  • Production: Semi Unique ( PC's Members of the major faction which participated in the Invasion of Kashyyyk) Development still required to acquire.
    Void Steel had 35 posts of forging to create it at semi unique and still requires a restricted materials dev thread and a mandalorian forger to make it. it also had alot more weaknesses than the ones you have here, which are not even roleplayable to an extent in actual use in PVP. 20 to 25 post development thread for the creation of these lungs is comparable to what you are looking for and is more than fair.

Clarify:
  • That Void stone only causes a 'Force User difficulty using their Force powers effectively. Even those who did not consciously use the Force would suffer from impaired connection to the Force' upon their own person only.
  • Weaknesses: These lungs are still subject to piercing damage and kinetic damage. Lungs can still be crushed by external means even if they do not require the Force -- IE Pressure, blunt force trauma, etc.
  • Do these lungs have any cybernetic components or are they strictly synthetic flesh?

Remove
  • [ More the Merrier ] ~ If both lungs are replaced, the effect is potent, to the extent of Force dead.

Matreya

I added 5 more weaknesses, one is the dev, but the rest all return to the poisoning. Which if you ask me, is a heavy downside to using these. Move to hard? Poisoned and no lung. Stabbed? Poisoned, stabbed, and no lung. Etcetera.

[member="Cira"]

Note: You keep posting after your initial posts while I'm in the process of replying to the first. This means I miss things.

Valashu Elahad said:
Included amongst this is: Mentalism, direct telekinetic manipulation, and other direct Force abilities. Sadly, the powdered stone can't breach the flesh to make an aura - it simply assists in ones physical form being directly effected
This is the breakdown of the actual effects I am requesting in reguards to the weakening of effects. Perhaps my earlier requests were not clear with how I wrote them initially.

Development of 20 to 25 posts for the following:

[ One lung ] The void stone dust lining on these lungs aid in the weakening of Force abilities. Those who are Force Sensitive and utilize a lung will find difficulty in using their connection to the force effectively. It produces an impaired connection to the Force, weakening Force based attacks from and used against the wearer.

An additional 15 posts for this addition:

[ More the Merrier ] ~ If both lungs are replaced, the effect is a potent Force dampening aura, the effects being comparable to that of a 2 centimeter Ysalamir field around the wearer.

So in total a range of 35 to 40 posts, with the rewording of " the effects being comparable to that of a 2 centimeter Ysalamir field" for both items.

Otherwise, please remove the second lung option and keep it at a range of 20 to 25 dev thread for the first. I simply am uncomfortable with the term "Force Dead" for two lungs.

Valashu Elahad said:
By end time they found a lung that was able to heavily dampen powers that would effect one physically, though not entirely ceasing it. If two were used? You would find a being that had altered their state to basically be Force dead.

Please ensure you are editing your description as well to comply with the requests.

That's fine. Keep in mind, this also means that any force based healing will be unable to be used on the wearer. All in all, this just makes it harder to use the Force upon the person. Indirect means still may apply.

Ysalamiri did not actually negate the Force; since all existence was infused with Force energy, this would not be possible. Rather, they projected a bubble inside which users were unable to exert any influence over the Force.
Even Yuuzhan Vong as Force dead beings were still affected by the force in some way. This weakens the use of the Force, not nulls it. They still stumbled due to powerful telekinetic attacks and they could still be manipulated indirectly.

Even a normally powerful telekinetic blast that was capable of launching an ordinary opponent off their feet at high speeds simply caused a Yuuzhan Vong either to stumble, or lose balance temporarily. While it was not possible to affect the Yuuzhan Vong directly through the use of the Force, it was possible to use indirect means to accomplish such a task, such as manipulating an object through telekinesis and throwing it at a Yuuzhan Vong, which would injure them, or by controlling the air in an attempt to increase the pressure, thus allowing a Jedi to, in effect, crush the Yuuzhan Vong. The only known Force techniques that seemed somehow exempt from this limitation were variations on Force lightning and the Sith technique Force net.

Valashu Elahad said:
One can basically be their own Ysalamir
Whereas
Valashu Elahad said:
If two were used? You would find a being that had altered their state to basically be untouchable by the Force.
Please remove what is marked in green this from your description, because Void Stone doesn't turn one into their own ysalamir. Void stone makes it difficult for one to use their own abilities or have the force affect them. When I meant comparable in my description, is that it would make it that much harder for the force to be used upon them. Ultimately, they are still able to be touched by the Force just to a lesser degree.

A ysalamir does not negate the force, it simply allows one to be unable to exert any influence over it. Your description makes it again, seem as if you are trying for Force dead by making them "untouchable" by the force.

Dampening means this: make less strong or intense. Edit your description accordingly.

Valashu Elahad said:
[ Dev ] ~ Its a requirement. One cannot simply just use these. They will need a purchase thread, bare minimum, and for proper use, more to state proper installation etcetera.
This in itself isn't a weakness, just a condition for the submission. It is already a factory rule that anything created with restricted materials, regardless of whether the item is purchased, still requires a development thread.

Please add as a weakness that anyone using these lungs will find it near impossible to have any Force healing done to them. ( as it weakens and dampens the Force on the user)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom