Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kandosii-Type Dreadnought

kandosii-type-dreadnaught-2.jpg

http://starwars.wiki...ype_dreadnaught

Intent: To revive a dinosaur

Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: MandalMotors, Mandal Hypernautics,
Model: Kandosii-type Dreadnaught
Affiliation: Mandalorian
Modularity: No
Production: Minor production
Material: Durasteel

Description:
-Canon ship, built using recovered blueprints and modern shields/sensors/electronics

Classification: Light Star Destroyer
Role: Support, Carrier
Width: 453m
Height: 1,270m
Length: 1,360m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 2 (Class 9 secondary)
Minimum Crew: 4,000
Optimal Crew: 10,000

Armaments:
(20x) Medium Double Turbolasers (40 Capital weapons)
(6x) Assault Concussion Missile Launchers (10x Ammo)
(10x) Triple Point Defense Laser (30 Point Defense)

Hangar:
(20x) Purudii Fighter
(30x) Vhe'viin Interceptor
(20x) Cabur Starfighters
(8x) Bes'uliik Starfighter
(15x) Kandosii Bomber
(15x) Naast Missile Boat
(4x) Shaadlar-type Troopship
(20x) Basilisk War Droids

Non-Combative Attachments:
(6x) Tractor Beam Projectors
Encrypted HoloNet Transceiver
Standard Communications Array
Ray Shielding
Particle Shielding
Enhanced Combat Sensors

Passenger Capacity: 30,000 troops
Cargo Capacity: 45,000 tons
Consumables: 5 years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 6

Support Light Star Destroyer: 40 Capital Weapons, 180 Defensive Weapons
96 Defensive weapons traded for Assault Launchers at 2/1 gain
40 Defensive weapons traded for +20 capital weapons at 2/1 gain
8 Defensive weapons traded for +8 starfighters at 1/1 gain
22 Gunships and 20 Dropships traded for 4 Light Corvettes at 10/1 gain

[member="Ordo"]
  • First off; this is going to need a dev thread. I'm aware that this is a canon design and it's just being "updated", however the rules state that a dev thread is required for ships more than 1,000 meters in length. If I let this by without asking for a dev thread, that opens the door for others to follow suit, and that violates the spirit of the rule.
  • There's a lot of trading going on here. As stated with the guide, this requires a general penalty on all trade-ins. If a particular trade would net you 20 capital guns, you instead get 10. This reflects the Factory's policy of dissuading min-maxing.
  • Next up; a Support capital ship should never, ever need assault concussion missiles. This is reflected in part with why support ships do not have missiles. Their primary duty lies behind the front lines, away from enemy capital ships. The only targets they ought to be engaging are enemy starfighters.
  • Defensive guns cannot be traded for additional starfighters in this manner.
  • Considerably more dropships and gunships would have to be traded off to achieve the intended goal of storing corvettes. To get one corvette would require 10 dropships given up.

[member="Ordo"]

In accordance with the new rules, this does not need a dev thread. However, the previous issues outlined will need addressing. I'll go into the two most pressing concerns.

In order for a ship to trade traditional hanger space for capital ships, the process for determining what it can carry goes like this; take all the ships you're sacrificing and assign their minimum length. So for dropships and gunships, this would be twenty meters, while fighters would be ten meters and heavy dropships would be forty. From here, you then take the maximum length for your target capital ship; in this case, two hundred meters for a corvette. So to carry even one corvette requires a ship give up no less than ten dropships. Other drawbacks, such as reduced armor, reduced subsystems, or reduction in weapons would also have to be assigned.

In order to get Assault Concussion Missiles from the Defensive Gun pool, you first have to convert them to Capital guns, costing 2 defensive guns for 1 Capital gun. From there, you have to sacrifice 8 Capital guns to get 1 Assault Concussion missile. Then after those trades, you're left with the penalty for making large-scale trade ins, so after all this you would end up with six ACMs, the penalty then reduces it to three. Again, this is a policy that was enacted when the guide was first drafted not to discourage creativity, but to dissuade minmaxing ships.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

We both know I am less than equal to your expertise here so I am going to tell you what I edited and you can point out where I misunderstood. If you have time.

I reduced the previously 8 troopships by half to a total of 4. To try and ensure I had correct space I removed 5 each of the bomber and missle boat. I also reduced the purudii and war droids(possible fighter equivalent) by 10 each.

For the concussion missles I did something that made sense in my head but I was a biology major not a math major so I did this without actually writing the numbers out so this is likely where is was most incorrect. Anyway, here goes.

I cut 10 of the double turbolasers and 2 piint defense to allow a total of 6 concussion missle tubes. Now I think from what you describing that is light but I want to be sure.

Finally I started a dev thread already and when it's finished I'd like to add it anyway just to give the design a little flavor and background if nothing else.

Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom