Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Kandosii-type Dreadnaught

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=medium]
kandosii-type-dreadnaught.jpg
[/SIZE]​

Image Source: http://starforge.info/mando-ships/kandosii-type-dreadnaught/
Affiliation: Mandalorians
Manufacturer: MandalTech, MandalMotors, MandalHypernautics
Model: Kandosii-type Dreadnaught
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel
Classification: Planetary Assault Carrier

Length: 1,360m
Width: 453m
Height: 1,270m

Armament:
(30x) Medium Double Turbolasers
(12x) Assault Concussion Missile Launchers (10 each)
(12x) Triple Point Defense Laser

Hangar:
(20x) Purudii Fighter
(30x) Vhe'viin Interceptor
(20x) Cabur Starfighters
(8x) Bes'uliik Starfighter
(15x) Kandosii Bomber
(15x) Naast Missile Boat
(8x) Shaadlar-type Troopship
(30x) Basilisk War Droids

Special Features:
(6x) Tractor Beam Projectors
Encrypted HoloNet Transceiver
Standard Communications Array
Ray Shielding
Particle Shielding
Enhanced Combat Sensors

Maneuverability: 13
Speed Rating: 13

Hyperdrive Class: 2 (secondary 12)

Strengths:
Strong at planetary bombardment capability
Excellent fighter and dropship compliment
Strong armor and shields

Weaknesses:
Heavy forward facing armament makes it less effective when flanked
hyperspace navigation systems could be crippled by a strategically-placed charge in the rear

Description:
The Kandosii-type dreadnaught, named after the Mando'a word for "ruthless", was the largest capital ship used by the Mandalorians during the Mandalorian Wars.

The Kandosii design had sharp, thin lines and were based on a variety of stolen technologies. A notable flaw in their design was that their hyperspace navigation systems could be crippled by a strategically-placed charge in the rear.

Tech systems
Kandosii-type dreadnaughts were heavily armed for combat, with 30 medium double turbolaser cannons providing the main offensive firepower. They also carried 12 point-defense triple laser cannons placed at certain places as to give full hull coverage. Each dreadnaught also had 12 super-heavy concussion missile launchers that could bombard capital ships, or hold nuclear missiles to bombard planets, as seen at the Battle of Serroco These missile launchers were located in the ship's bow and the lower protruding superstructure.

Hangar Notes:
The Kandosii-type had a large cargo hold and could carry up to 128 starfighters for self-defense and offensive strikes. Usually the most common fighter was the Vhe'viin-type starfighter. Each dreadnaught could also carry eight Shaadlar-type troopships with 800 troops each. In addition to these, the Kandoshii-type could carry several Basilisk war droids.

History
Originally designed and built by the Fenelar, the Mandalorians stole the Kandosii-type design, during their conquest and destruction of the species. These dreadnaughts were later used by the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders during the Mandalorian Wars against the Galactic Republic.

A Mandalorian Dreadnaught led a battle group of Jehavey'ir-type assault ships during the Battle of Serroco, where the fleet bombarded the planet's surface with nuclear missiles. Later in the war, a ship of this type lead by Cassus Fett bombarded the surface of Jebble to stop the Rakghoul Plague from spreading to other systems.

The Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser, a Republic design based on the Kandosii-type.
Sometime prior to 100 BBY, Rendili Star Systems adopted a Mandalorian warship design to create the Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser.[5] The design used in the Mandalorian Wars shared some superficial similarities with the Rendili Dreadnaught design. Additionally, some MandalMotors designs like the Crusader-class corvette, would also borrow the sharp-edged, aggressive look of the then-ancient warships.

[SIZE=medium] Development Thread[/SIZE]: http://starwarsrp.ne...se-engineering/

[SIZE=medium]Intent: [/SIZE]To revive the iconic design of an amazing ship

[SIZE=medium]Who Can Use This: [/SIZE]Any Character, Only Select Groups Of NPCs

[member="Ordo"]

Ok first I'm going to ask you use the new template. You're missing several sections from it and yours is out of order. Secondly ships over 1000 meters require a 10 post minimum dev thread. Next I'll ask for a fixed description to correct the spelling and grammar errors. Plus it should be much more explanatory and descriptive, so more would be nice. Lastly I'd request the troop/passenger capacity be dropped down to 8,000 at max.

If you want you might be able to add a few guns as well I think, you have room for a few more certainly. Unless you're happy.

[member="Ordo"]

Alright. Last touches then and I'll be happy. While it is smaller than the average destroyer, I would like to see it be a little bit slower. If we could drop the meed and maneuverability to 13-14 and raise the secondary hyperdrive to class 10 or above I'd appreciate it and be willing to send this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom