Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kala'ndryl Ryj

Kala'ndryl Ryj

K
5caxsi.jpg
vcz1a9.jpg
24phted.jpg
FULL NAME: Kala’ndryl Ryj
NICKNAME(S): Kala, Blondie, Fishie
FACTION: ---
SPECIES: Half-Human, Half-Nautolan
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 5’ 11”
WEIGHT: 145 lbs
EYES: Solid ebony
HAIR: Blonde with silver streaks
SKIN: Light Tan
FORCE SENSITIVE: Indeed!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

+Confident - In spite of everything she’s been through, Kala is a warm, confident young woman, with a bright and engaging personality.
+Unique Physiology - Her father was a member of the Nautolan species, native to Glee Anselm. She is able to breathe underwater and withstand the pressure/temperature of significant depths without mechanical aid.
-Daredevil - Kala is an adrenaline junky - skydiving, cliff diving, speeder racing, climbing - if there’s height or speed involved she’s a huge fan of it. It leads her to take chances that she probably shouldn’t, but it also drives her to carry on a mission in the face of no matter what danger might be coming at her.
-Heart - She has one, which her life depends on, of course, but she guards it closely. It’s fragile, owing to the number of traumas in her past. She doesn’t give it away lightly, but when she does, it can easily be used against her. Case in point, her Master, Ilias. While she’s mostly gotten over the school-girl crush she had on him when they first met, she still cares for him a great deal. Anything happening to him would have some seriously adverse effects on the young padawan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPEARANCE
Kala stands at a tall, slender 5’ 11”, with long, lean muscles reminiscent of a dancer. Her half-Nautolan heritage is plainly obvious to anyone who looks at her; she is possessed of the solid ebony gaze inherent in Nautolans, thick silver streaks in her blonde locks like so many headtresses, silvery fingertips and toes, and a pale blue sheen to her skin when it's wet.

BIOGRAPHY
Family
Lahran Ryj - Father (deceased)
Bellana Orion-Ryj - Mother (deceased)
Rinn Ryj - Twin Brother (mostly deceased)
History
I was born just about twenty-one years ago, on Glee Anselm. My dad’s Nautolan and my mom is a human from Nal Hutta. Dad said she never talked about it, or about her own family, so he had no idea if there’s any more of her family out there somewhere. Not like you can go around asking on Nal Hutta. Force only knows how she left...or escaped...or what she left behind. Still, I’m curious enough to go, some day. Might try to convince Ilias to come with me, just in case.
Anyway. Mom died giving birth to me and Rinn, my twin brother. Most of my dad’s family shunned her because she was human, so when they realized she was in trouble with her labor, it was too late. Rinn and I were lucky we survived when our mom didn’t. Rinn was born first, and I came two minutes later. Mom didn’t get to hold us or name us in the traditional way, so dad did it, but after she died. We’re both named after the only family members she ever talked about to him, apparently - I’m named after her little sister, and Rinn is named after her own twin brother. Apparently twins run rampant through her family.
Dad was a Jedi Knight, and instead of taking us back to the Temple on Coruscant with him to be raised, he raised us himself, on Glee Anselm. Mom dying broke something inside of him, and he was never the same, we were always told. He was just Dad to us, but he taught us the basics of the Force which Rinn and I could both sense and use. Rinn was amazing with telekinesis, and I...well. I couldn’t do anything worth noting. Dad always said I was blocked, and that someday, it would fix itself. That ‘things like that always do’. Didn’t make me feel any better, to be honest. I felt useless.I can’t lift anything through telekinesis without giving myself a nosebleed (my blood is indigo, not red, so don’t flip out when you first see it, ok?), enhancing myself for speed and strength is mostly useless too since my mind is so karking blocked up.
Sorry, Ilias, I know...I promised I’d stop swearing so much.
Right. So Dad raised us and taught us little things about the Force and how it worked. Claimed he wanted us to make our own decisions. But I think whatever broke inside his mind when he lost mom had broken other things, too. He felt...off, that last year. Like there was a dark tangled knot inside of his head that he couldn’t see or feel, but that looked clear as day to me. He wouldn’t talk about it. Wouldn’t let me try and fix it like I wanted to. But he did say I was going to be a Healer someday. It was the only thing that made sense with how I described what I could see was wrong with people when they were sick. I still couldn’t do anything about it, but I started seeing things a lot more clearly and often after that day.
The year Rinn and I turned fifteen, everything changed. Dad and Rinn both died defending us...defending me from Sith raiders. They knew we were there and they knew we were Force sensitive and partially trained. Someone in the family had betrayed us. Not really sure how I survived, but I did, and I got myself the hell off of Glee Anselm. Everyone I’d ever loved died on that planet and I didn’t know where to turn.
Thought about going to Coruscant, to the Jedi Temple there, wondering if they’d take me in. I thought they would, but it was at that point that I realized I wasn’t alone in my head anymore. A few weeks had passed since Dad and Rinn had died, and I was on a transport headed towards Corellia - stop number one on my way towards Coruscant. Rinn’s voice sounded sleepy and confused the first time I heard it, asking me where I was going and why wasn’t there any water.
Yeah. There was jumping involved, and lots of muttered cursing (see, Ilias, look...I didn’t mention the curses this time).Took us a couple of hours to figure out that he was lodged inside my head and looking out my eyes whenever I’d let him. Which was a little disconcerting. Ok, A LOT disconcerting if you consider certain...moments. Err, times.
You mean like the time with that Zeltron you met on Nar Shaddaa?
Yes, but it was four tim-OH FOR FRAK’S SAKE...shut up, Rinn! This is embarrassing enough as it is!
What? It’s not like Ilias is going to care...or even read this-ohhh.
Yeah. This was his idea. I suggest you pipe down before I have you exorcised.
I’m not the one standing there talking to myself.
As for the Zeltron...you thought he was hot, too. Or do you not remember the tangent about his scarlet hair you went on when I met him in that cantina?
Pretty sure it wasn’t his hair I was going on about.
Well no, but you started on his hair and ended up waxing eloquent about the shape of his..uhh…shoulders.
ANYWAY…where was I? Right! Discovered Rinn. Well, what we figure happened is that his spirit fragmented when he died because of something the Sith did. Because, as twins, we had a really close bond, Ilias thinks we latched onto each other out of panic, and lo, a stuck spirit fragment. Ok, so it’s more technical and involved than that, but that’s the gist of it.
So, I should probably mention how I met Ilias. Except...we don't talk about it much. I was in a bad place, he got me out of it, and I was his Padawan for a couple of years. Even earned my Knighthood under his tutelage.
But nothing lasts, and even the ideals the Jedi have get set aside for reasons I have yet to understand. I suppose these last bits are more of an update, because it's been a couple of years since I left the Order and struck out on my own. There's always a need for a healer and a warrior, and I can do more alone than I can as part of an order who will weigh politics and bullshit against doing the right thing.
I won't stand for that.

THREAD TRACKER
Total: 0 | Completed: 0

Training Threads

Teaching Threads

Faction Threads

Duel Threads

Development Threads

Miscellaneous Threads

Kala'ndryl Ryj

K
@[member="Ilias Nytrau"] - :eek: you promised you'd never bring that other one up again :(

Valerie Re'Daull

Val'Rain Sekairo in Disguise
Anyone could comfort her. The question is who she wants to comfort her, if she wants any comfort at all.
*gently pats Kala's back*
We all make mistakes at some point. At least you've learned from yours.

Kala'ndryl Ryj

K
@[member="Talon Vosra"] *peeks out from behind a few blonde locks and silvery headtresses* Would you?

@[member="Valerie Re'Daull"] Thank you, Valerie, that's very kind of you. I have learned, believe me. It was a harsh lesson that I'll not likely forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom