Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kailari Selanno

RMy3tiV.png
'I Praise Loudly, I blame softly.'
B a s i c I n f o r m a t i o n
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Name: Kailari Rendala Selanno

Preferred Name: Kaila, Kay

Alias(es): Princess Kailari

Home Planet: Zakuul

Allegiance(s): The Monarchy of Zakuul

Species: Near-Human / Hapan Hybrid

Face claim: Various

Voice Sample: Tbd

Orientation: Bisexual

Force Sensitive: Yes

Force Alignment: Balanced

P h y s i c a l I n f o r m a t i o n
------------------------------------------------------------------

Height: 173 cm or 5'8''

Weight: 51.7 kg or 114 lbs

Body Type: Athletic Build

Hair Colour: Blonde

Complexion: Fair

Eye Colour: Blue

Scars: None

HJGYud6.png

Strength(s):
  • (+) Beloved by her people: Acting as the public figurehead for the royal family of Zakuul, Kaila is known as a kind and charitable person among the people who live on the planet. Often having to relay many controversial orders from her uncle to the people, she is able to depict them in such a manner that the civilians believe benefits them or at the very least is outside the control of the royal family's control.
  • (+) Actress: Kaila is able to hide her feelings seemingly at will, often being able to control whichever emotion she wants to project at will. This also makes her a very proficient and believable liar, being able to sound perfectly honest any time she chooses to though she can begin to crack under enough pressure. She subconsciously uses this to manipulate others into helping her improve her position, often not intending to trick people.
  • (+) Composed: Being raised by a rather strict caretaker, Kaila was taught how to keep calm during most situations, and even in situations that may be unfavourable she is able to stay collected. She uses this to keep an air of professionalism, and if need be, superiority to those that she discusses with.
  • (+) Credible Fighter: Being trained by the captain of her father's honour guard, Antar Thashin, Kaila's skills quickly grew to a competent level. By no means on a skill level comparative to that of her father or Older brother, she can still hold her own in combat with the Zakuul Knight saber staff.
  • (+) Eugenics: A long line of selective breeding mixed with royal blood has given Kaila a wealth of beneficial characteristics; natural fitness, keen intellect, and attractive features.
Characteristic(s):
  • (/) Balaced Force User: As with most force users on Zakuul, Kaila has been taught that the dark side and light side were not opposing forces. Instead they believed that they were two sides to the same coin, using both sides of the Force spectrum as tools to help maintain peace or as weapons to aid them in battle. This does give her access to both sides of the force, though it also causes her to be physically and mentally drained when visiting a dark or light side nexus.
Weakness(es):
  • (-) Weak-willed: By no means a pushover, Kaila can easily be bullied into submission by an intimidating or powerful enemy that makes her take a more agreeable position. This makes her specifically vulnerable to force abilities that wear away at the mind of their opponent, causing proficient force users to be able to easily manipulate her.
  • (-) Xenophobe: Though Kaila does portray herself to be kind to everyone, no matter of their beginnings, she does hold a certain distaste for foreigners that come from outside Zakuul. This negative view of alien races stems from her father's radical views on an independent and powerful Zakuul, a doctrine that she does not agree with but subconsciously affects her views of other alien races and factions.
  • (-) Power Hungry: Despite being raised with the knowledge that she would never be able to sit on the throne in the Spire due to her brother's inheriting before she would, Kaila still often dreams of what she would do if she ever became ruler of Zakuul. These fantasies turned into desires and caused her to see every action as a possibility to further her influence. This can often lead to the distaste of other people, who can view her as greedy and degrading typical values of the royal family.

CObsH1a.png

W6zhYmb.png

'The Crown Jewel'

Personality: Kaila's personality is deceivingly agreeable and considerate, showing many virtues although she manages to use them to gain an advantage against others. She has an unexpectedly manipulative personality and will attempt to use others' feelings to better her standing in any given situation. Despite this, Kaila does genuinely care about other people, especially her friends and family. Her charitably and likeability are widely known throughout Zakuul and her reputation often wins her the love of the people. Because of this she is often used by her family as the figurehead of the royal family, using soft spoken words to purvey her uncle's more controversial plans. This, however, hides her true semi-conscious desire for power. Though personally believing it just to be normal dreams of grandeur that won't affect her, if given the opportunity to improve her standings in the galaxy she is willing to give up many things for power. However she is also weak-willed and can be easily tricked by a more skilled deceiver or a person with a silver tongue. This also leaves her easily exploitable by force users proficient in mental abilities that seek to control people from behind the scenes. Kaila desperately seeks to become beloved by her people through acts of charity and inspiration, tricking herself into believing that it is her duty to be good to her people. This hides her vain nature from herself, many of her forays into art and creation are simply to cause the people to worship her in an attempt to satisfy her vanity through the love of others.

Appearance: Long, light, blonde hair flows in thick strands down to near Kaila's sternum, usually tied up in a neat ponytail when doing any activity. Though she tends to let her hair down in a messy fashion in areas of rest and comfort. When immersing herself in the dark side of the force, Kaila's hazel eyes give way to an amber encircled by crimson in a traditional Sith appearance. She has fair, smooth skin, that is seemingly untouched by scars or unseemly blemishes. Her height is average for someone of her age, with her weight being proportionate to her size. Eugenics have given her a natural affinity for fitness, leaving her little need to exercise in order for her to keep her figure. Kaila's Hapan genes are clearly visible through her attractive features, most noticeably her face. She is rarely seen without makeup on, using lipstick and eyeshadow to complement her facial features instead of attempting to disguise them.

Kaila is fashion conscious and often changes her wardrobe to suit the latest fashion trends of Zakuul, though she does tend to favour colours that compliment her complexion such as amber and white. Quite often she is considered at the foreground of the Zakuul fashion industry, often creating new trends and modelling for prominent companies. When she is off-duty however, Kaila tends to dress in a far more casual manner often wearing looser clothing for comfort. For training and combat situations, however, Kaila wears a modified version of the traditional Zakuul Honour Guard outfit favouring a combination of amber and white.

rGjaB7K.png

F a m i l y

Emperor Orliss Selanno
  • [ Father ]
Vayla Selanno née Mastigar
  • [ Mother ]
Varek Selanno
  • [ Grandfather ]
Dakarus Selanno
  • [ Uncle ]
Theran Selanno
  • [ Older Brother ]
Various siblings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O t h e r R e l a t i o n s h i p s

Master:

Padawan:

Significant Other:

Friends and Allies:

Rivals and Enemies:

Kills:

Bounties Collected:

4lmUEG7.png

Pre-RP History

4fCcmyj.png

tumblr_oepzm3pOOz1uurkb7o1_540.gif

Kaila was born as the second and last child to Emperor Orliss' first wife, Vayla Mastigar, during a time when Orliss was only the Crown Prince to the throne of Zakuul. Growing up, Kaila and her older brother, Theran, were often spoiled by their grandfather, Emperor Varek, the ruler before Orliss. Varek was widely consider a kind and benevolent ruler by the people of Zakuul, often praising him even decades after his peaceful passing. He attempted to further open the borders of Zakuul through trade negotiations with the major factions of the galaxy, specifically attempting to broker non-aggression pacts with the Republic and One Sith. #

Kaila was allowed free reign of the royal grounds of Zakuul, her grandfather believing that it fostered a healthy sense of adventure and curiosity within children. Often she would visit buildings that were limited to the normal populous, such as the barracks or the scions. It was in these buildings that Kaila would meet two of the most influential men in her life. The first was Vergil, the leader of Zakuul's circle of scryers, a theological group that preached the gospel of faith and gave insight into the people of Zakuul. Despite his zealous religious views, Vergil was often considered one of the wisest men in the Empire. He was the man who raised Orliss during his childhood and taught him of prophesies and would allow Kaila and her brother to sit in on secret scryer meetings.

The other man that Kaila considered one of the biggest influences in her life was Darius Rex, the captain of the Honour Guard during both Varek and his father's reign. Though a strict man, he was praised for his loyalty, skill, and stoicism, often considered the finest fighter in the entire empire. It was him that introduced both Kaila and her Theran to the way that Zakuul knights fight, inspiring both of them to continue training throughout their adolescence.

d3QiUJO.jpg

The entire planet wailed in anguish the day that Varek died, even the stoic Darius who had known the emperor since he was a boy. The funeral was long and ceremonious, taking the entire day as his body was entombed in the crypt in the ancient royal grounds of Zakuul. It was Orliss who had to deliver news of the emperor's passing and his own ascension to the throne. The coronation of Orliss was held one week later, the rites being performed by Vergil as he proclaimed the prophesies that Orliss would continue the prosperous path that his father had began.

Despite the sudden thrust of power and responsibility handed to Orliss, he managed to handle it fairly well. His pre-existing relationships with the scions and honour guard ensured a smooth transition of power, continuing many of his father's preexisting plans continued smoothly. Unfortunately his new duties left him unable to raise his children personally, forcing him to leave them to be raised by others. Theran was raised and personally trained by Darius Rex, absorbing many of Darius' characteristics into his own.

Kaila was raised by her mother, Vayla. Vayla was mostly removed from public eye, preferring not to have the public weighing in on every one of her choices and due to her being from a noble family on Hapes. She didn't have the public personality that the rest of her family did, but she did teach her daughter proper royal etiquette and how to act diplomatically. The rest of Kaila's childhood was insignificant, only sparsely training in combat and traditional education suited for nobles.

Kaila's mother passed away when she was eight years old, killed in a transportation accident. The turbolift in her personal speeder had malfunctioned, causing the vessel to plummet down to the swamps below. The funeral was held only days later, and it was the last time that the emperor was seen for weeks. His advisors tried to convince him that it was an accident, a fault overseen by the engineers. The emperor however was blinded by sadness and anger, seeing conspiracy theories where none were. He believed that it was the work of one of the factions that his father had been working so closely with, the One Sith or the Republic.

It wasn't long until Orliss began to cut off all ties to the outer galaxy, seeing shadows where none were. He began to isolate himself in the Spire, letting only Darius, Virgil, and his family into the throne room. Slowly, but surely, Orliss began cancelling all of his late father's ideas of reaching out to the galaxy in favour of isolationism. It was during this time that the populous began straying from the royal family, rumours of possible uprisings and rebellions began to be spread around. It was in these times that Kaila and Theran began to be used as the public faces of Zakuul.

PO9JGXj.png
8D3yZHh.gif

S k i l l s & P o w e r s
-----------------------------------
Rankings:
  • Red Dots - Acolyte / Paladin Level
  • Orange Dots - Low Knight Level
  • Yellow Dots - High Knight Level
  • Green Dots - Lord / Master Level
  • Cyan Dots - Expert Level

Powers:
  • Force Heal | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Force Jump | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Force Pull | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Force Push | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Force Sense | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Force Sight | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Telekinesis | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Telepathy | ... ... ... ... ...
-----------------------
  • Shii-Cho | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Makashi | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Soresu | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Ataru | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Shien | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Niman | ... ... ... ... ...
  • Vaapad | ... ... ... ... ...

OEop038.png
mocaran-m-fr1.jpg
Total: 0 | Complete: 0
A p p r e n t i c e T h r e a d T r a c k e r
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PUBLIC / DEVELOPMENT THREADS:
Completed - 0 | In Progress - 0 | Incomplete - 0

TRAINING THREAD:

DUEL / SPARS THREADS:

DOMINION / INVASION / SKIRMISH THREADS:

FACTION THREADS:

MISCELLANEOUS THREADS:

The main question: what kind of Force-user do you want out of her?

A Force-user that relies on the Force a lot, and only nominal lightsaber skill?

A Force-user that excels with a lightsaber, with nominal command of the Force?

Knowing what kind of Force-user you want is important to determine which master is a good fit for you. You want a wide array of Force-powers because you'd rather use the Force than use a lightsaber? I may be a good fit. You want a Jedi that is lightsaber-proficient? Better luck with someone else.

[member="Kaili Talith"] I was going to use Mercy from Overwatch originally, but I saw the Vivat Regina and had to use it. :p I'll probably be devving plenty of the stuff for Zakuul over the next few days, wouldn't mind getting some roleplay with this character if you'd like.

(Plus another Mogwai fan yay :wub: )

[member="Cathul Thuku"] To be honest I only made Kaila a force user, because of how it interacts with Zakuul, I don't intend to centre her around it. I'm going to make her more of a governor type, focusing on diplomacy, over force and lightsaber abilities. So I'm not planning on getting a master at the moment.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"] Only if I'm legendary rarity and shiny. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom