Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kaden Farr's Gauntlets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create gauntlet weapon for Kaden Farr
Image Source: https://i.pinimg.com...66981dc5088.jpg
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/111157-homecoming-mandoade-dominion-of-mandalore-concord-dawn/
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Kad Tor
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Kaden Farr
Modularity: Yes, designed to be added to a full suit of beskar’gam.
Production: Semi - Unique
Material: Beskar, mechanical components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 1.75 kg
Blade Length: 38 cm
Resistances (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
- Blasters High
- Kinetic: Very High
- Lightsabers: Very High
- Other: N/A

SPECIAL FEATURES
The gauntlets contain retractable katars similar to this look (http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/maafanficuniverse/images/f/f8/Dark_Wolverine_Dialogue.png/revision/latest?cb=20141125191720) The gauntlets are also designed to be attached with a full suit of Beskar’gam and contain space for additional items if wanted in the future. Such items could include wrist rockets, flamethrower, wrist mounted blaster, dart gun etc...

They are also designed to grow with the boy. Beskar plates can be added as needed.

Strengths:
The item is made from beskar therefore it contains high resistance to kinetic damage, blaster fire, and lightsabers.

The hidden blades provide for an element of surprise and allow the gauntlets to serve as a melee weapon as well.

Weaknesses:
The gauntlets are heavy to wear.
By themselves they are basically only good for protection and Melee combat
The main feature is for close quarters combat only

DESCRIPTION
These gauntlets are designed for simplicity. They protect the forearm and hand of the user, and the retractable blades allow them to be a weapon when needed. This particular feature is only good for close quarter combat, but because of the material, beskar, the blades will cut through most things with ease. They are lightsaber resistant. One of the down sides is the weight of the gauntlets themselves. Each one is near 2 kilograms in weight and is like wearing a wrist weight. Essentially this is designed for slicing and dicing, with protection in mind.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
So, this submission is almost word for word identical to this one. You've changed the name and a couple of words, but it's basically the same thing. While restricted materials are free at unique, what you essentially have here is a semi-unique submission.

In order to continue with the sub as is, you'll have to bump up to semi-unique and complete an RM mission as outlined here.

[member="Kad Tor"]

Okay... I am going to be frank...

I only have one restricted item listed... Beskar. The rules state visit the planet, make a raid, yada, all you have to do is search to see that I was there as part of the crew to take Mandalore.

The gauntlets are unique to Kaden, despite using the wording from another sub.. I work 60 to 70 hours a week and this is a hobby, so of course I am going to take a template and reuse most of it to save time. If you look through the images they are unique in their look and design. I cannot help the template is simply generic enough that it works to copy and paste certain parts.

Your logic applied here would necessitate anyone making Beskar'gam to call it semi-unique because while made just for the person it is still a suit of armor with similar qualities as other personal sets of armor out there.... So, unless you are going to ask everyone making a personal set of armor to link provide mission threads for restricted materials... why are you splitting hairs over gauntlets that use far less beskar than an entire set of armor?

[member="Rusty"]

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
It can be frustrating when one wants to craft an item of armor and desires to utilize the ability of free RM at unique to make things simple only to be told to please bump up production at semi unique and conduct an RM mission for it. However, I ask that you please see it from this perspective: Currently, you may use an RM Free at unique for a single submission. This is fine.

However, when another submission that is practically the same item and crafted for another at unique to take advantage of the free RM guidelines, then this is essentially going around the current restrictions on what would have been a restricted material mission at semi unique.

The free at unique are for members to create their submission that they desire at unique without having to do extra work. But when it begins to show copy cat submissions free at unique, then it is just essentially crafting semi unique armor without following the guidelines for the restricted material mission.

It is a give and take. The Factory provides a method to access items free at unique with RM’s, but on the same hand, has to ensure a balance that it isnt being abused. The more we see the same submissions being used at free at unique, the higher the chances that the abuse will in turn result in this benefit in being restricted.

One very nice thing about the most recent Factory update is that RM’s such as beskar do not require doing only mining or a skirmish. In fact, Beskar is now part of a “U pick your own mission” objective, allowing you to even use other potential mission objectives from the RM Mission board to encompass greater freedom in storytelling. We have made it easier to do restricted missions than ever before, allowing you to do so at your own pace or with other writers.

As it stands, if you maintain this submission as it is, then it is only considered to be a duplicate and will require a mission and a bump up to semi unique if you desire it to be passed on for pending approval. I'll go through the thread to see if it meets the criteria. If it does, you're set. If not, we'll take things from there.

Otherwise, I would advise that you make this submission as distinct as it can be from the original in order to make it is own unique concept separate from the other one.

[member="Kad Tor"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom