Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech JV-1 Heavy Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
lWBFsME.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Image Source: Star Wars 1313
  • Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the ATC sponsored Bounty Hunter, Julian Valentine, with a personal blaster sidearm.
  • Development Thread: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Browncoat Arms & Industrial | Blastech
  • Model: JV-1 Blaster Pistol
  • Affiliation: ATC, Julian Valentine
  • Modularity: Yes (Attachments)
  • Production: Semi-Unique [2]
  • Material: Durasteel, blaster components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Blaster
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 35.6 centimeters
  • Weight: 1.88 kilograms
  • Ammunition Type: Blaster Cartridges
  • Ammunition Capacity: 40
  • Effective Range: 30 meters
  • Rate of Fire: 60RPM
  • Special Features: N/A
DESCRIPTION

The JV-1 Heavy Blasters are coined after Julian Valentine who had the blasters commissioned through the Arceneau Trade Company after a trio of successful hunts. The Heavy Blasters most notable feature is the thick barrel and large vents. The Heavy Blaster produces a condensed bolt of intense plasma energy. When the condensed energy is released - striking an object - the result is explosive. While the impact is incomparable to a grenade, the explosion itself is enough to turn armor into shrapnel.

The vents provide a means for heat to escape, preventing overheating, albeit it cannot be avoided. During stress testing in Browncoat labs, the pistol is theoretically capable of 60 shots per minute, but can only fire a maximum of ten shots in a ten second time-frame before overheating temporarily shuts down the pistol for twenty seconds.

Rails on the pistol allow for attachments such as scopes and flashlights. Due to the high-output of the blaster, blaster cartridges are frequently replaced unlike other blasters. The catridge is loaded into the underside of the blaster, beside the trigger. The handle of the blaster features a ring for attachment to a belt in place of a holster, with a standard safety setting to prevent misfire.

PRIMARY SOURCE

N/A

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Rusty

Hi, I'm Rusty. That's a pretty pistol you've got there, but we need to clean things up a bit.

Firstly, please ensure that when you use a template, you use it correctly. I don't mind you breaking things up by category, but it needs to all be in the correct order and that everything is where it belongs. Once you've got that fixed, we'll move onto the other issues.

[member="Julian Valentine"]

[member="Rusty"]
I believe I have fixed the issue. I have removed the Special Features as there are no special features, nor is there a primary source, so that was also removed. If you would like me to add these, I won't hesitate to do so

Rusty

The whole template needs to be there. If you're not using a section, put N/A.

Additionally, Image Source goes about intent.

I know it seems like I'm nitpicking here, but there's a reason we do things the way we do. If we're not strict about the template, it's only a matter of time before someone starts futzing around with it to pull a fast one. I'm not saying that's what you're doing by a long shot, but rules are rules.

Rusty

Julian Valentine said:
The design behind this was to combat heavily armored opponents such as those Julian hunts, those who would wear Beskar, Phrik or other heavy duty metal armors.

Okay, so I guess my question here is whether or not you're trying to say this thing will punch through the stated restricted materials.

Rusty

Unfortunately, that's not going to work. You're just not going to be able to get enough power out of a blaster pistol to punch through beskar or phrik. You're looking at trying to pack the power of a light turbolaser into a pistol. To the best of my knowledge, the only even remotely handheld weapon we've got that can do it is a highly specialized disruptor rifle that gets something like six shots to a power cell.

If you've got a canon precedent that says otherwise I'm willing to hear you out, but otherwise, any references to being able to shoot through restricted materials will have to be removed.

Rusty

They're blaster resistant in the same way that the frontal armor of an M1A2 Abrams is bullet resistant. You can technically punch through them, but you're looking at something along the lines of a light turbolaser to get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom