Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justified Back-Stabbing.

Mid Rim;
Kashyyyk;
Jedi Enclave.

617bc136-c399-4dc5-bea9-f664ce2a53e7.jpg

When they finally entered, Nejaa's look was worn mistrust. Skeptical eyes flung themselves about a room sheltered from the light, and bathed only in the glow of beamed in holo-projections. Various Jedi masters of the order filled in seats which would otherwise be left barren and void. For some reason it felt incomplete to the young Knight, still, a desperate attempt to fill the positions of those unable to actually be present. He knew not the locations of each respective master, nor did he care to know.

"Welcome Jedi Knight Nejaa," one master spoke with a nod.
"And Torin, an honor," another concluded.

Already they were completing each other's sentences. Nejaa nodded in respect, then made his way towards the center of the room. His inability to figure out the reasoning for this summons had already pushed him off guard a bit, though he tried to hide his anxiety under a bolstered chest and tight lips. One master gestured to Torin and asked if Nejaa approved thus far, using odd words which stunted his commonly instant answers. Instead of using words, he nodded, not wanting to allow any openings for scrutiny.

"You're tense, Nejaa..." coming from behind him.
"News to me, you can be sure Masters, you can be sure..." Nejaa responded hastily.

His normal opponents in the council were not present, well, not all of them. And yet their passive questions and jabs seemed to peel him away quicker than ever. The presence of his padawan was certainly off putting, wanting his built reputation to remain clean for Torin. It was vital, at least for the beginning.

"Indeed, your mind lingers... elsewhere..."
"Please understand that Torin and I are in need of haste," he started, a step forward and a motioning hand.

"To catch this... Sith?"
"Mmm, if we're to catch him on Mygeeto."
"Then, it is to Mygeeto that you'll first travel."

What was they're point in calling him here. The anger he knew he could not hide was beginning to well in the deeper pits of his stomach and his voice became that much more increased by hushed whispered.

"What, after that, Nejaa?" That same voice from behind.
"... Pardon?" He had to turn his body a bit, this time.
"And once you arrive at Mygeeto... think yourself strong enough to challenge this threat alone?"

But he wasn't alone. He had Torin, a padawan of considerable skill. Upon announcing what seemed like such a simple, obvious truth, he received a barrage of 'wisdom.' The voices came from all over the room, and he quickly gave up on trying to track where exactly they were coming from, and from whom.

"You're to consider your padawan merely as an extension of yourself, Nejaa."
"... Yes master, I just meant that--..."

"-- It has come to our attention that you may require further aid."
"If you are to vanquish this threat in full confidence, Nejaa, will you not require the aid of this Republic?"

"I... I doubt the presence of... troopers will add up to much against this man, Master Gozu,"

Nejaa shook his head at the only human master in the room. A weathered man with thick brown hair pulled back into an unimpressive ponytail.

"We speak not of the Republic's military..." A small hologram'd Rodian female to his left.
"Perhaps the accompaniment of another Knight...?" A bith straight ahead of him.

Nejaa's eyes lit with fire, but he had no reason to say no. He had fallen into their clever trap of words, lips growing more and more tight. "Asterion's power, though formidable, may yet be dealt with--" But he was cut off, interrupted by words which made him want to ball his fist and scream.

"But Nejaa, remember your transparency..."
"Your fear of this man, this Sith, is clear..."

His answer didn't come for some time, and when it did, there was nothing but defeat. To continue the conversation would be to seek further humiliation. Instead, he would fall in line, once more, and accept their cruel 'requests.' With a nod, he waved his previous argument aside "perhaps you're right. The presence of another would certainly add assurance to this mission, Master."

"It is decided then."

A beam of yet another Jedi Knight, and one other-- a padawan, sprung to life just beside Nejaa and Torin both. A female Knight of human decent, and her padawan, a male Nikto the likes of which Nejaa could not determine an age from. Older, he thought, than Torin, though perhaps the species' odd, leathery, wrinkled skin bypassed his better judgement.

"Jedi Knight Corto Ray, and her padawan Kohaa Engust. They shall accompany you for this task."

Nejaa and Torin, as per respectful tradition, would nod their heads to the incoming Jedi, and receive the same in return. "An honor to meet you finally, Nejaa," Corto offered, though Nejaa was unable to answer before the council took up words. "Corto and Kohaa are finishing their work on Ansion currently, and shall meet you on Mygeeto-- may the force be with you," a Nautolan master spoke in dismissal. Nodding, and taking no time in leaving, Nejaa turned towards the door and motioned for Torin to follow.

You're not finished here...
Never finished here Nejaa, the force whispered...
They seek words with--...

As the hologram images of Corto and Kohaa vanished, the human master spoke once more. "Torin... a moment please." Of course, Nejaa stopped too, though only for a moment. "Nejaa, we trust you have much preparation for this mission. We mean not to keep you here longer." An odd way of telling him to leave, to be sure, though he made no argument. The scowl he wished to give remained hidden until he turned out of view and slid out of the circular room.

"Padawan Torin, are you taking kindly to your new master?"

Their voices, and energy in general, seemed much more relaxed now. Much less hostile, and almost cushioned with their own confidence. This padawan, they knew, was not one they would be forced to worry about. His transparency was immaculate, and they had their clutches already gripping him tightly.

[member="Torin Varik"]

For the first time, the cylindrical council room felt more like a shark tank. Careful words through tense lips tossed back and forth between Nejaa and the masters. Nothing that was said seemed obviously out of the order. But the feeling that wafted from the room could be smelt from miles away, it was so strong. Torin kept silent as it was not his place to speak. It was his place to observe. Standing next to the boy, Torin could almost feel it himself - the way that they looked at him, all of them. The introduction of the Jedi Knight and her Nikto Padawan was certainly a surprise. It gave the Ace much more confidence in their success. He expected that it would relieve Nejaa's pertinent concern that he had expressed earlier. However, Torin got the feeling that it was less of a relief for his new master than he had thought it to be.

He had turned to follow his master from the chambers and to the landing pad once again. His thoughts lingered on the beautiful ship he would soon be piloting. However, his movement was interrupted by a request for further council with the masters. He glanced at Nejaa before he turned to them and nodded. They wanted to speak with him privately. Curious. Nejaa left while Torin stood to face the question, casually crossing his hands together at his belt line. Unlike his master, he felt at home here. However, this passive tension was something he had never witnessed among the council.

"I am. Although it's been years, Master Nejaa and I are not strangers so it didn't take long to catch up." He hesitated for a moment, remaining vague. However, his words fell together with ease and confidence - even when facing such a respectable group. "He's just as bold as I remember him to be, if not more." A small smile as he glanced away in reminiscence. "However, it seems as though my accompaniment has come as quite a surprise to us both." He shifted, making direct eye contact with one of the masters. "I must admit, I am quite curious as to why I was chosen to train under Master Nejaa, despite antiquated tradition."

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Mid Rim;
Kashyyyk;
Jedi Enclave.

His first inclination was to tear the noble decorations from their posts atop the wookie's excuse for tables and perches; nothing really more than bundles of sticks tied together with some kind of yellow, thick threading. His second inclination, that of calming his mind and bringing peace to the inflamed areas, was quickly followed by a crushing refusal. Why should he withdraw his anger, a peaceful mind would not benefit the outlook each master had on him. They were heavy set in their belief that he was nothing more than untrustworthy trouble. A wrenched tight muscle pulled his agitated upper lip into striking position. That said, he resisted the urge to vandalize the sparsely populated make-shift Jedi temple. A rather absurd excuse at 'handling' their losses in the core worlds.

When the blast doors opened, they seemed to scream with the anger Nejaa was forbidden to express here, in the open. His near-black robes washed out behind him, swaying with his eventually influential hips and lower back. He was quick to enter the Infiltrator on the landing bays and 'slam' the hatch behind him; though it moved at no speed indifferent to past history, but the sound of released steam conveyed more annoyance than he could recall surely. With a slam the holo-nets were fired up into the ship's systems and began searching through the various start up files. He needed to get off of this planet, and soon. No more unexpected visitors-- and certainly no more Jedi set to accompany him. He couldn't take more of the judgmental arrogance. He didn't know how much longer he'd be able to pretend along with them; but this was not the first time he had thought this particular thought. In the end, he was more a victim to the fear of leaving than the trouble of staying anyway.

"Korto Ray...? Kohaa Engust...?"

Meanwhile...
Behind closed doors...

"It seems as ordinary an interest as any, yes, padawan? Curiosity as to the sudden emergence one, specific master into your life..."

"Or perhaps your curiosity dwells on why you've been so entirely pulled from your regular Ace routines?"

"Curiosity as to your placement under this master in particular?"

While they were short of completing each other's sentences, they certainly understood the motive of each other in the room. They read the tones of their companions and were able to flow through the force so as to embody something more cohesive than the individual minds of the various Jedi Masters. A small trick in comparison to what could be achieved through possession of the force, though that which seemed to be the limit of the modern Jedi. The most efficient word-weavers in all the galaxy.

"Nejaa Niynx is a reckless guardian at times, though he has been known to wield an uncanny power. Perhaps it is the will of the force that this power be looked after...?"
"Yes, perhaps more careless than he would like to admit, and yet more powerful, too..."

"You may have something to teach him after all, young Torin. The will of the force often pushes us in strange directions, it is not our duty as Jedi to question where we are being pushed, only to explore the new direction..."

It was almost as if they were speaking in internal banter, less concerned with answering his questions than playing their favorite game. To the normal Jedi, it did not present itself as a suspicious threat as much as a mysterious answer which required the proper look to glean information worth any real service.

"Do you... doubt your placement, padawan?"

"Yes... your feelings about this, padawan?"

[member="Torin Varik"]

He was met with riddled questions and evasive answers. Something he was very much accustomed to by now. Something he had built his own form of communication from. Their synchronistic thought, the way they looked right through him. He was not intimidated, only solid. He knew that he could trust them. They were always right, as they were always fighting for peace.

"Doubt? No, Master. Perhaps you mistake this doubt for my curiosity." His voice danced in a charming flow of words. Lifting a palm to the ceiling, he shrugged. "I feel that Master Nejaa has many important things to teach me, and I him. Or perhaps I'm exploring too far into the new direction?" A strong claim made lighter by presentation.

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Mid Rim;
Kashyyyk;
Jedi Enclave.

For a long, drawn out moment, there was nothing but silence. Each master, in unison, seemed to suck in large breaths and let them flow loosely in a deadly stream. Their eyes were upon him, staring through him while vacantly looking at him; like highly intelligent individual sectors of a single, pumping brain. "You can be sure, padawan Torin, we made no mistake in our wording," though despite the length, it was said so fast-- and from behind-- it would be impossible to know exactly who had said it. Only that it wasn't a hologram, those had a distinctly digital overtone.

"Much to learn from Nejaa, yes, but let your teachings fall under that of caution, young one."

"Agreed. You must focus on your awareness of others, perhaps the final step in the direction of Knighthood?"

"... Perhaps..."

They drew themselves into silence once more, preparing to feed on Torin's answer.

"I understand, masters. And thank you. I will not disappoint you."
-- [member="Torin Varik"]
"May the force be with you then, Torin..."

[To Be Continued...]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom