Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justifiable means to money

James knew there was too much in the hands of the evil ones. Blasters. Ships. Soldiers. There were so many of them and they all had one thing in common; they were funded by credits. Hundreds of millions of credits and he had a way to siphon some off from the evil ones--this time to be used for good causes and for no other reason than to help his friends.

He stared out into dead space. He was in the middle of nowhere and given the recent turn of events with Vhan Fett, cloudgazer--or whatever the kid was calling himsef now and the Prosecutor--James figured this was the wisest place to start this planning mission.

He had called some of those he trusted in on this mission, [member="Alicia Drey"] and [member="Jack Raxis"]. Soon enough they would discuss the plans for implementing one of the biggest and most secretive scores in military swindling history.

| [member="James Justice"] |

Alicia arrived in the area, on board the Initium. Her eyes gazed around area, looking out into space. She spotted James's ship through the view screen in front of her. Before hailing the ship, she commenced a scan of the immediate area to detect any other vessels. It never hurt to be too careful.

When it was done, and Alicia confirmed there was nobody else but them, she hailed James's ship. "Hello, it's Alicia. Can I dock with you? I'm feeling awfully lonely out here."

James had taken his second favorite ship, and he had plenty in his private fleet alone to chose from. This one was the Lost King, a AT-360 Light Freighter that was less conspicuous--primarily because he used it less than any of the Angels.

His lips curled in a genuinely pleased smile, "Alicia, darling, I have missed you so much. Too much in fact. Please darling, come on over."

Was he bellow flirting on the job? Not in the least. Especially when they came pretty, young and in a fedora. He flicked and opened his King to open for her boarding before he moved to greet her at the door.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

[member="Alicia Drey"] [member="James Justice"]

There was a flash and then a lurch and The Rogue exited hyperspace. Jack's neural band was connecting his mind directly to the ship, he was reading everything. Scanners showed two vessels only. Longrange had nothing. Beside him Dak was powering down weapons and switching power to the thrusters, bringing them right alongside James and Alicia.

"Cap'n Raxis here. Initiating Docking procedures."

The ion thrusters fired and jets burned, positioning them alongside the The Lost King with deft precision. Dak hit the airlocks and a tube began to extend outwards, reaching for the other vessel.

"Ready to do this kid?"

"Yep. What's the angle this time?" Dak asked.

He was tired, Jack could tell. After Roche and the Deathwatch incident, all the Mando's were tired of the garbage these days.

"Dunno keep your eyes peeled though. Never met this business partner of his."

They strode to the airlock, cyling it open and making their way down the tunnel.

| [member="James Justice"] | [member="Jack Raxis"] |

Alicia lurched the Initium forward, docking with the Lost King. As she brought the Star Courier forward, the ship told her that another had just entered her vicinity. She checked her dashboard, to see if James had activated his weapons or made movements to avoid the other ship, but it told her that the Lost King was still and so she assumed that the other vessel contained the associate James was bringing to the meeting.

As the Initium docked with the Lost King, Alicia did two things. She activated the ships cloak, making the Initium disappear from physical view and away from the average scanners used for detecting a ship. Secondly, she powered up the PDF, which surrounded the Initium with a dampening field. If James or Jack had a crystal grav trap, it wouldn't find Alicia's ship. Thus, the Initium was completely undetectable in that moment. If any other unwanted guests arrived, they would only see the Lost King and Rogue, which suited her fine.

Climbing out of the hatch that connected Alicia's ship to his, she made her way over to James and hopped up into a hug. A kiss on the cheek followed. She whispered in his ear, "Thanks for dinner. What's next? Feeling virulent?"

James wrapped his arms, one around the small of [member="Alicia Drey"]'s back, the other around her shoulders. She kissed his cheek, he gave her a trilogy along the side of her neck. Intentionally letting each linger and his breath brush on her skin. The last landed right under her ear where he whispered, "If I have me way, ye can bet there will be plenty of that when this is over--maybe before."

He pulled back just enough to give her a devilish wink. That was when the door opened and [member="Jack Raxis"] and his merry band of ner-do-well's approached, with James still holding her in his arms. Ah well, its not like that would surprise anyone--he was James Justice after all. His hand on her lower back went a little lower and gave Alicia a firm squeeze as the spacer turned to greet the Mandalorian with a smile and a handshake, "Glad ye could make it mate, ye two make yeselves comfortable," James said motioning to the lounge of two sofas, the larger-than average wet bar, cabinet of food, and second cabinet full of vices, "What's mine is yours."

He grabbed a bottle of ale from the wet bar and cracked it open, taking a drink for himself, and offering it around, "As ye know, or may not, me inner circle has been full of betrayal. I lost two of me senior members to the dark side. Fett put my daughter in the line of fire and started a war with me and my clan. I almost lost a man who be like a brother to me and the woman who be like a sister to be is missing. Me city was undermined in an attack by an old enemy as well, I dun't know who to trust in what I have, so I called ye.

"We are going to slice into the One Sith and garner all their access codes, security codes with a virus in their system. Any thoughts?"

[member="James Justice"] [member="Alicia Drey"]

Thoughts? Jack had a lot of em. A virus eh? He'd found some more stuff stashed beneath the floorboards of the homestead. One being an AI Vassara was working on before she died. What an opportunity to test it out!

What really unnerved him was the whole Fett thing. Yes everyone knew, and he was being hunted right now. But Fett was clever and and he had the 405th at his back. As much as Jack was no fan of the Sith, he hated the Republic worse. What they'd done at Roche? They'd killed thousands, including Old man Rekalis daughter. By the Resol'nare that was a crime that had to be paid for.

"Three things then. One The Republic, we oughtta rob their damn warchest. A hit like this will seriously hurt their economy. We might get some backing from lady Arcenau in the form of.... Discreet operators."

Jack paused, still wearing his helmet.

"Two, I might have a shot at bringing my AI online. I'll need some time, it's a project that my Mother had, but I haven't finished. Either way with or without, I’m positive we can still accomplish this."

Then he removed his helmet, jaw set in stone and glared at the two. His expression was tight lipped. He wanted to put a serious dent in the Pubs. Like really bad.

"When do we start, and who's this?"

He pointed to Alicia.

"Are you hurt? What happened?" Alicia asked, whilst he kissed her neck. She leaned back to hear him, but before he could respond, his associate walked, accompanied by a band of Mandalorians. The sudden and quick departure at Soceras was cause for concern.

Playfully, she rolled her eyes at the squeeze and turned in his arms to face Jack. "I could ask the same thing. Er, things." After all, he had asked two questions.

I ain't hurt," he said remembering Alicia's question as he pulled her close. He had a touching problem--he liked to touch. And he liked to touch a lot. His relationships had two things in common; shortness and intensity. When things got too close, his fear of intimacy kicked in--and he was out to the next girl. But given his past, it wasn't too much to blame him for.

"Jack Raxis, Alicia Drey. Alicia, Jack," he waved it away, "we begin when ye are ready. Me men are putting the final touches on the bug.

"Look," he sighed and pinched his nose, "I dug everything up on either of ye. Frankly, if its on the net, me slicer found it. If it weren't I talked personally to those who were around ye. Dun't take it personally, I just couldn't afford another betrayal. Especially not so soon. As far as the Republic goes," he winced and scratched his chin, "I dun't know. I have a few friends who are still inside, I can't loose em. However," he shrugged, what the hell? He was a pirate, they had tried to seize his goods too, "ye know what? Let's do this. Anytime ye want to get that AI finished, we can wait for ye if ye'd like."

[member="Alicia Drey"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]

Alicia was glad James had not been hurt. But she didn't need to be Force-sensitive to sense that he didn't want her to know what had happened on Soceras. Regardless, she pushed it out of her mind. It could be asked another time, on another day. Probably over dinner and the virulence that had been brought up since the pair had gotten together.

"Nice to meet you, Jack."

She had heard of Jack Raxis before. [member="Jaron Lesan"] had been her man to get the required crystals she needed, but Lesan disappeared from her life and so she needed someone else to get them for her. Was Raxis the man for the job?

"I'm getting a drink. What do you two want?"

Turning away from the pair, Alicia approached the bar. Making sure to keep her hands hidden, she brought her PSJ out of her shirt and activated it, slipping it down her front, down into her bra where nobody would look. It would be uncomfortable, but it's shape wouldn't be noticeable, considering it was in between her you-know-whats.

Select the Gizer Ale from the selection, she waited for either of the men to say what they wanted.

[member="James Justice"] [member="Alicia Drey"]

Jack waved a hand errantly as Alica asked if he wanted a drink. He shook his head to follow it up, helmet masking his voice.

"No thank you though, I prefer to keep my wits about me for business."

When Justice mentioned digging up his background? Jack almost laughed. He barely had any, despite the small bounty on his head from stealing the Kessels Pride from Nar Shaada. Most of his history was under the radar, making a living as smuggler and a Mando'ade warrior. There was nothing much to hide anyhow. He was a spacer, with few connections far between. But Alicia? she interested Jack. A woman he'd never met before who seemed to have a great sudden influence on James, a notorious lady slayer.

"James ol buddy, if I wanted to betray you, I would've sunk your fleet at Roche. You made the right call, so we are square."

Jack clapped him on the back. He'd been a faithful Naval Reservist to his company for a while now anyhow. Nothing much ado there.

"I regretfully wont have the AI up for some time. However there is Republic worlds on the fringe that have banks. It wouldn't be hard to hack through the outer firewalls into the system itself. Either way I'm down with anything. Just nothing against Mandalorian interests. I am bound by the Resol'Nare, it would be........ Unbecoming."

That was all he said, before he removed his helmet. The seals clicked open with a hiss and he tucked the Buc'ye under his arm, nodding to James.

"So what's your plan?"

James laughed, "The right call woulda been to keep me fething nose out of the whole ordeal, but I have a bad tedancy to fulfill personal favors for those who be me friends."

He was beginning to have a sever worry about--well anyone he cared about. Lady Kay, Ryn, his daughters, Stardust, everyone he knew and cared about was quickly being torn from safety into the line of fire. It was a strange thing, one would say. He had charged into hell with them, leading them into the desperate place of the galaxy, and never thought twice. But when they broke and he couldn't fix it--or when they were captured and tortured like Kay had been.

He shook his head, "Change of plans, mates. We ain't doing banks. Better idea," he smiled and drew a cigarette for a smoke offering them around to his new business comrades, "What if we could go anywhere we wanted, any time, any place? What if we had the access codes to the Republic and One Sith security codes, access passes? Now there'd be a precious lot who would pay a pretty penny for it, sure. But imagine what ye could smuggle. Anything. Anywhere," his mind wandered to Nyx. How much could she benefit from this? Sure he could offer it to some of his business associates--for a price.

"The head of each state carries the main plans for their overrides and drives," James began, "Of course the Republic knows me on site now, but me notoriety in the Sith Land may be just as bad," he shrugged, "But ye dun't be a smuggle without learning a few tricks and getting a few allies here and there. We go into the head of InterPlanetry Security at Chazwa and at Triple Zero, plant viruses in each. It will give us a back-door to always over ride. And it'll strip us the masterkey for them planets. Never worry about customs again. We can use that key to alter the transponders on ships and make the scanners see us or anyone else we want to enter on re-entry invisible."

Of course, to a regular person that would look virtually pointless. But for those who knew smugglers and spacers like James--they could see it for what it was. An-all expense paid pass to every planet they wanted. Spice, guns, and counterfeit credits could flow anywhere, any time, and any place. There would be no limit to what they could do so long as it was not abused. Costs would go down to a third, profits would increase four fold, the competition would quickly be snuffed out.

James looked at Alicia and gave a sly wink, "We do have some unfinished business, I believe."

[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="Alicia Drey"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom