Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Justice or Revenge?

Kyell Laysel

K

Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Kyell let out a soft sigh after he left the archives and began the walk back to his quarters. For some time now, he had been staying there while he trained and did his best to look into the woman who had scarred him forever. He wasn't out for revenge because that was not the Jedi way, but Sahar Sahar was a dangerous figure in the Empire and ever since their clash, he was seeing her in visions. As if the Force was telling him that it was his destiny to go after her and stop her.

He knew, however, that he couldn't do it alone.

But of all the people he knew, of all the Jedi who could help him and would be more than willing to do so, there was only one he trusted enough. Miri was special to him for so many reasons, and he knew exactly what to expect when she was fighting with him, hut she also worried him. What if she did lose herself to desires for revenge? He knew how protective she was and in some of their recent assignments, she had felt more aggressive. Perhaps it was just a bad day, some stress or something else, but he hoped it would not cause trouble.

Despite it, though, there was simply no way he'd do this without her. Not after what happened last time he decided to go out and fight in his own. And so, he sent her a message.

"Hey Miri, I could use your help...I am going after her. Can you meet me in my quarters at the Temple? I hope to see you there soon."

As Kyell opened the door, Miri could be seen sitting up in his bed, rubbing her eyes and looking at her datapad with a puzzled expression on her face. She glanced up at him and smiled. “Hello, beloved,” she greeted him softly.

Her telepathic voice was more sheepish. <Erm, I hope you don’t mind my being here while you’re gone—my ship is being worked on, and I wanted somewhere nice and quiet to rest.>

Freshly released from the medical wing, she smelled faintly of bacta. Her skin bore scars and wounds from Metellos that weren’t quite fully healed yet. But she seemed awake and alert, peering at him with interest.

<Who’s the ‘her’ you’re referring to?> she asked.

Kyell Laysel

K

Even after the door opened, it took Kyell a few seconds to register that she was sitting there. The whole mission he had been planning was so much on his mind, that everything around him escaped his focus. In this case, not for long though. When he caught her smile and heard her voice, he quickened his pace and stopped right in front of her, so he could take her hands and pull her up into a hug.

He had heard about what happened on Metellos, so even though he was busier than ever before, he tried his best to be there for her. Luckily, it looked like she was doing alright.

<You're always welcome here, love,> he said with a smile and some relief in his eyes. No matter how stressful Jedi training or duties became, the burden was far easier to handle when he got to spend some time with Miri as well. <Been getting enough rest, I hope?> Still holding her hand, he rotated it so he could look at some of the injuries. Still scarred, but the wounds were healing at least.

<And uh, the woman who did this...> he held up his mechanical hand. <She's one of the leading figures of the Imperial Knights. I want her to be taken down before she can do more damage in this war.>

Within moments, she was wrapped up in Kyell's arms. She held him tight, savoring his warmth.

<I'm glad. You have a very comfortable bed. And if you really don't mind sharing your quarters with me…> She leaned in and kissed his mouth, soft and slow. <I think I might sleep even better with you next to me.>

Ah, but they had to talk about serious business. Couldn't go getting too distracted.

<I didn't realize she was so… prolific.> Miri still seethed at the mere thought of Sahar, remembering vividly the state she had found Kyell in and the imposing figure of the woman in his nightmares. If they could eradicate her from the face of the galaxy and take down a major target in the war, all the better. <As soon as I feel better, I'll be at your disposal. What's the plan?>

Kyell Laysel

K

Kyell held her close for a long moment, his face buried into her long, thick hair. She was safe and that's all that really mattered to him, far more than his mission to track down and take out the Imperial Knight. The only reason he was focused on it was that he knew Miri would be alright.

<Oh I don't mind~> he smirked, his telepathic voice trailing off a little as he was drawn into a soft, loving kiss. His hand settled on her cheek and for an undetermined amount of time, he let their connection linger. <I'll be here with you tonight, tomorrow... until you're feeling better.> She pointed it out already too, but it was important he didn't get ahead of himself. This mission would be dangerous with both of them at their best, so he could not afford to bring her along in her current state.

He had to remain patient.

<As for the plan, she's a tough one to find outside heavily fortified planets deep in Empire territory. It would be a suicide mission to go after her there. But... I think we can draw her out and even the odds. Her duty is also to protect other Imperial Knights, the young and largely untrained too. Through them, we can get her to come to us, where we'll be ready.>

Kyell Laysel

K

<Yes... but keep in mind, they aren't children,> he clarified, just in case it came across as weird. <They aren't as dangerous as the woman who maimed me, but they can still fight.> Even then, this plan was unusual for him. Using people to get to someone else was an odd strategy for a Jedi, especially because it was likely going to come down to fighting, and possibly killing them as well.

The hesitation it sparked in Miri didn't go unnoticed because of it, but she was still going to help him.

<And to find them, I've been looking at ways to tap into Empire comms along the border. Imperial Knights frequently put down small uprisings there. So if they're out there, we can find and stop them.>

<I didn't think they were. But I imagine they would be around our age. Maybe a little younger or older.>

But she was still willing to do it. She had fought people her own age before. They made up the bulk of new recruits and hired mercs, after all.

<It's a sound plan. Have you told anyone else about it? Will it be an officially approved NJO mission, or just between us?>

Kyell Laysel

K

Even though she agreed, there was still a hint of nervousness in his eyes. If anybody else had gone after Sahar, there wouldn't have been anything questionable about it. But simply because she had nearly killed him, this could be seen as an act of revenge, and he was definitely nervous about walking the line between that and justice.

Was he really doing this because it was the right thing to do? Or was there more to it?

<I... haven't told anybody?> his nervousness spiked now, <Should I? I figured that a mission like this wouldn't need it but I don't want to get you in trouble.>

<I suppose if anything were to happen to us, it would be good for someone to know where we are.> Whether they were mounting a rescue attempt, or retrieving their remains for burial.

<On the other hand, if we were to tell the Council or Master Yenna, they might try to stop us.> She leaned her forehead against his, as if whispering secrets between them. <It's up to you. I don't know who else we can trust.>

Kyell Laysel

K

Kyell closed his eyes while her forehead rested against his. He needed to hear these things, so he wouldn't get lost in his desire to stop Sahar. Even if it was all very difficult to accept. <You're right. I'll send a message to Master Yenna but only after we leave.> It was something he clearly struggled with, as it meant admitting to keeping something from the Jedi who had protected him so much and cared for him so deeply.

<That way, if we don't make it back, she'll know what happened and where to look. But she won't be able to stop us. This is something I have to do... I just feel it.>

He pulled his head back and looked at Miri, hoping that she understood that somehow. But he also knew that she probably hadn't been seeing his visions and that this call from the Force was his own to interpret and deal with. Still, though, he could count on her being by his side.

<Do You need to make any preparations before we start heading out?>

Miri’s eyebrows rose. <I didn’t even think of that. Good idea.> It was exactly the sort of compromise they needed. Telling Master Yenna, but only after it was too late for her to stop them.

Kyell spoke of feelings and destiny. Telepathy was the clearest language, devoid of double meanings or misunderstandings. She saw that the Force was telling him to do this, in visions and calls, though much of it remained vague and hidden from her gaze. Though their minds touched so often she sometimes forgot where she ended and he began, Miri had always respected Kyell’s privacy. She wouldn’t dare pry into anything as personal as a spiritual experience without permission.

<Nothing that I can think of,> she replied. <I have my weapons and armor all prepped in storage.> Lowering her head to his shoulder, her long dark eyelashes stroked butterfly kisses against his cheek with every blink. <My ship will be ready soon, if you want to take her.>

Kyell Laysel

Kyell Laysel

K

<I'll prepare a message to Master Yenna, and then we'll take your ship,> he said, his arms wrapping around her while her head rested against his shoulder. This mission, even though he felt it to be an integral part of his journey as Jedi, made him incredibly tense. There was no guarantee that they'd succeed to lure Sahar out, and even if they did, there was also no guarantee that they'd be able to stop her. His last encounter with her had been very one-sided and he wasn't certain that his training had already made enough of a difference.

Of course, this time he would have Miri with him, but he couldn't help but feel worried.

After a long embrace, Kyell finally pulled back and tried his best to smile, <I'll meet you in the cockpit shortly.> He planted a kiss against her cheek and stepped away with a datapad to begin recording a message for their Master.

Dear Master Yenna Yenna ,

This message will reach you late, but Miri and I are on a mission to stop one of the most dangerous Imperial Knights. The woman who took my arm. Even though it might be hard to believe, I want you to know that I'm not doing this for revenge, but because I feel the Force guiding me down this path.

I just hope I'm interpreting what I'm feeling correctly.

Anyway, by the time you see this message, we'll already be well on our way but should something happen to us, well, you know why. Thank you for always being there for us, Master.

-Kyell.

With a deep sigh, Kyell made his way into the cockpit and looked at Miri. <Our first stop will be Shili, which is just inside Empire territory but along the border.>

Miri smiled. <Traveling in comfort, even on a mission of justice? You spoil me.> The Conestoga was, for all intents and purposes, her home. Since she had met Kyell, she hoped it had become a home to him too.

It was also to their benefit that they would have use of the freighter’s extensive medical facilities, which were comparable to a small hospital in their scope and capabilities. Miri could finish recuperating from her injuries along the way, healing fully just in time to receive fresh wounds from Sahar.

Hopefully the good guys would prove victorious in the rematch, at least.

Joining Kyell in the cockpit a short time later, she punched in the coordinates to Shili. The stars streaked into white lines as they shot off into hyperspace.

<Shili... isn't that the Togruta homeworld?> She didn't know much else about it, apart from the fact that it had many forests. A good place to hide out, she supposed.

Miri turned to Kyell. His face was illuminated by the pale glow of hyperspace shining through the viewport windows. It made him look younger, a little more like the boyish Padawan she had first met hanging upside down from a tree. Watching him, Miri felt a sudden ache inside, a pang in her chest, like she was about to lose something.

She harbored no doubts as to the necessity of this mission. Merely thinking of the trauma he had experienced, and of how he had relived the sadistic torture Sahar put him through in his nightmares was enough to make her loathe the Imperial Knight enough to want her dead. But she loved Kyell more than she hated Sahar. In the end, she was doing this for him.

It was in times like this, when her heart felt too full, that she found it hard to think about justice or revenge. A stab of worry made her reconsider. Turn back. Don’t do this. Go home to Coruscant. Go back to your studies, back to stargazing and lovemaking and talking about the future you want to build together. You’re not ready for this. Give it just a little more time…

But Miri shook her head. Their course was set. The ship had sailed. It was time to make Sahar pay.

<I hope you don’t mind, I’m going to bed early,> she said, rising from the pilot’s chair. <Doctors said I needed plenty of rest. And I do so love sleeping…>

Trailing off, she swept a few locks of Kyell’s dark hair out of his eyes, then leaned forward to kiss his forehead. “Good night, beloved,” she whispered, before heading toward their shared quarters.

Last edited:

Kyell Laysel

K

<It is and like other border worlds, there are uprisings occasionally. The Togrutas can be tough people, so the Empire responds with strength as well.> It's why he believed their best chance at finding Imperial Knights would be there. They still had other options if it didn't work out in the end, but he had spent so much time researching and preparing for this mission that he seemed unusually confident about himself.

Kyell then sat down in his seat and after helping set the coordinates, he even continued with a specific trajectory over the planet itself. It was a low path over the forests, but it would shield them a little from being detected. And by extensively studying intelligence gathered on the planet, he also knew which path to take that would help them bypass as many planetary defenses as possible.

For once, he was even a little impressed with himself.

After the ship soon jumped to Hyperspace, he turned his eyes to Miri and found her staring a little. She looked to be deep in thought, and given their plans, he couldn't really blame her. They cared immensely about each other; far more than they did about completing some self-assigned mission. So he understood that she was likely a little worried because he was too. If it wasn't for the powerful feeling of having to do this, he'd likely never have considered it.

<I'll join you in a moment. To rest,> he added with a smirk before he smiled at the kiss. <Have a good night, love.>

With that Kyell spent a little while longer going through all of his plans and data again to make sure there was no mistake or problem he could still fix. It was a little excessive, but it would be the only reason he could get some rest, once he finally joined Miri in bed.

<Good morning,> Kyell said once he noticed her waking up. He was already dressed and stood with a plate of breakfast for her in his hands. He had decided to let her sleep in a little while they traveled, and took the time to prepare a good meal. Paired with a good night of sleep, it would help make sure that she had the energy needed for their mission.

<How are you feeling?> He then asked, as he sat down on the side of the bed with her.

Grumbling, Miri rolled over. When the smell of hot food reached her nose, she suddenly sat up. “Did you make waffles?” she asked, rubbing sleep from her eyes.

It was a little known fact that Miri was blind as a bat. Without her contacts, she couldn’t see the food—and Kyell was unlikely to give her a straight answer, because he was a tease.

Reaching over, she opened the top drawer of her nightstand and fumbled around inside. Her fingers brushed over small toys and souvenirs that had been in there since she was a kid… and a small black box which had been shoved to the back of the drawer. Her touch lingered on the box before moving on to her glasses, putting them on.

<...Pancakes. Close enough.> She took the plate. <Thank you, dear. I definitely feel pretty good now.>

While she started eating with relish, Kyell sat on the edge of the bed. He was fully dressed and ready to go. Miri thought of the little black box again. She had been saving it for the right occasion, but now…

<How much time do we have left?> she asked.

Kyell Laysel

K

Shit, should I have made waffles?

The fact she couldn't see the food he brought in, or that she looked like a complete morning mess didn't even cross his mind at all. Messing up food was a far bigger concern, but after she started digging around in her drawer and put on some glasses, she could see the pancakes and still seemed happy with them.

She also looked really cute with the glasses on, even if she really needed to brush her hair.

<That's good, make sure you eat enough and maybe take a long shower. Always nice when you haven't been feeling 100% hm?> he asked with a caring tone. Right now, the tension of the upcoming mission wasn't really hitting him yet, and focusing on her well-being was an amazing distraction from it too. Because no matter what, she was so much more important to him than finding and taking down Sahar.

<We have a few hours, so take your time. I wanted to make sure you didn't have to rush and, well, I figured you'd need the time...> he flicked her hair and shot her a smirk. Even after being with her for quite a while, it still surprised him how much time and effort it could take to maintain her hair and appearance.

Something he'd probably never understand.

<I assume you’ve already had your shower,> she remarked, looking him up and down. It would’ve been weird if he’d put on fresh clothes without showering first. <Pity you didn’t wait for me.>

With her glasses on and a bad case of bedhead, Miri was… still rather cute, but certainly more mousy than usual. Kyell flicked her hair, causing one of her dark curls to bounce like a coiled spring. <Is it that bad?> she asked, reaching up to touch her wild mane self-consciously. But soon that self-consciousness melted into amusement. <Yes, because I must have a flawless appearance under the full body armor I’ll be wearing. Can’t have Sahar and her students thinking I don’t take care of myself.>

With the Force, she summoned her brush. For once her telekinesis worked smoothly, sending it straight into her open palm… where it promptly bounced off and fell to the floor. “Oh, great,” she muttered, leaning over to pick it up… and was struck by an idea.

<Would you like to brush it?> she asked, holding out the brush to Kyell. He was already pampering her, what with letting her sleep in and making her breakfast, so what was brushing her hair? It would also give her the quiet moment she needed, even if it wasn’t exactly the way she had dreamed it would happen. <You did say we had hours left to go... Unless you have a better way to spend the time?>

There was a hint of urgency in her tone, just enough to tip him off that she had something in mind.

Kyell Laysel

K

<Maybe but I wanted to treat you to some breakfast first,> he said and while true, he also knew better than to wake her up too early. This time she had only grumbled, so he feared what could have happened if he had visited earlier. Although... a shower together probably would have made up for that as well, knowing her.

Decisions, decisions.

<It's... not great, not terrible?> A safe answer, he hoped. One that would keep him from getting a death glare. <And it's not about Sahar or her students. When you get out of the armor later, I don't want to be looking at a gremlin,> he joked with a wide grin but he knew he was probably playing with fire at this point. He only made it worse by snickering when she tried to telekinetically summon the brush into her hand, only for it to bounce off of her palm and fall to the ground anyway.

Luckily, though, she made an offer herself that gave him a good way to score some brownie points again.

<I could brush it, but maybe it's best for after we...> he trailed off and shifted over to the bed, where he forced Miri onto her back and hovered over her, a hand placed on each side of her head. What little light entered the room was now blocked by his tall body, and all she could see was his face. He leaned in close for a kiss, then sat up to take off his shirt...

<Does it always take this long to brush your hair...?> he grumbled after they had their fun and Kyell had offered to fix up her hair. Either he really sucked at it, or she possessed some secret magic skills to stop time every day, just so she could brush her hair before the sun went down again.

<Not that I should complain.> He loved the long hair, for... reasons.

<And it's not about Sahar or her students. When you get out of the armor later, I don't want to be looking at a gremlin.>

<A gremlin?> Miri’s death glare was considerably less terrifying when magnified through her comically thick lenses. <Of course, you still look good after hours spent locked in armor, sweating and bleeding in battle.>

She had only been hoping for a few quiet minutes in which to present him with the contents of the box, but Kyell seemed to think she wanted something of the more carnal variety.

Whoa—!” Miri just barely managed to set her plate safely on the nightstand as Kyell leaned over her, silencing her with a passionate kiss that rapidly fogged up her glasses. Her lips were sweet and slightly sticky from the pancake syrup.

Heat spread through her as he sat up to take his shirt off, flushing her cheeks crimson. While not what she had intended, this was hardly a poor outcome. She liked a little spontaneity every now and then. But because her mind was so preoccupied with the mission and the dangers that lay ahead, the thought couldn’t help but cross her mind: What if this is the last time we’re together?

Better make it last.

<No,> she answered with a smirk, unable to hide her amusement. <But thank you for being gentle.>

They were still in bed, her sitting in front of him while he brushed through her curls. She waited a little while, enjoying his silent company and trying to work up the courage to do what she had wanted to do for some time. This might be her last chance.

Finally, she pulled out the little black box. <I was going to do this earlier this morning, but we got a little… preoccupied.> Her hands shook with nervousness as she slowly lifted the lid to reveal an engagement ring. Taking a deep breath, she thanked the Force for telepathy—she didn't think she'd be able to squeak the words out loud.

<Kyell, will you marry me?>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom