Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Your Run of the Mill Introduction... With Energy Drinks

Hello all,

Yes, I am a new person.

Am I here to take over your far, far away galaxy? Yes.

Am I here to destroy your homes and kill your children? Probably!

However, there is salvation for all of you! Submit to me and I may just share my endless supply of energy drinks and enthusiasm for writing. Lol.

So how did I come to hear about Star Wars RP? Well, ya see, I had heard about it from a friend who had been here previously before joining the site that I had been on. So after a while, he decided to return and talked me into creating a character. Hence why I am here.

Have I got any experience with role-playing? YES! I do! I used to do chat role-play for about seven years, I got pretty good at T-1, which is a term that we commonly used for paragraph role-play. How many chat role-play terms are there? A few and I am not going to get into it, I'm sure that if you are curious, you can google it. Anyway, I got bored of doing that, however established I had been and I drifted away from it for a while and I just drifted back to reality. Then, suddenly I found that I had a lot of free time and decided to pick up role-playing again, but I didn't want to do chat role-play, so I searched the internet and found a forum site which I have been on since March. Although I have a character here, I will not be leaving that site. So anyway, I decide that I quite like forum posting and my friend talked me over to here and now I'm here starting a profile to enjoy more forum threading.

What can you expect from me? Honestly, I don't know yet. I'm sort of just reading up on stuff, working out the dos and don'ts and the restrictions on character creations. I can tell you, that I am very interested on creating a Shi'ido, when ever I can find the lore page. Lol! So basically, for the minute, I will be forum stalking and developing my character in the mean time! Helpful links are welcomed along with plot ideas. Even though my character hasn't been developed yet, it's nice to have a possible direction for the character in development. ;)

So, that's me and this ridiculously long introduction.

- Shalita Verd

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
[member="Shalita Verd"] - welcome aboard :) I hope you enjoy your stay at what is easily one of the biggest and most awesome Star Wars RPs on the internets.

To be honest, I'm terrible at telling other people how to write their characters. Instead, my three top tips for RPing here at SWRP:

• First: Find a faction that's in line with your interests. Dark side, Light side, non-Force, galactic government, minor power, whatever - there is everything to suit your tastes. The Map has a quick reference on the side of the current major powers and the layout of the Galaxy, so that's a fast way to at-a-glance see who's in power and who might suit your needs. It'll help Force training, it gives you people to ask questions to and communicate with on a regular basis, it'll help the transition in as a new member. 100% recommended.
  • Second: Don't be afraid to start bare-bones and develop as you go. Here at SWRP there's a good emphasis on developing via roleplay; you generally get what you earn. This comes out in a huge number of ways, like Factory development threads and learning new things in the Force or what have you - I find it's so much better to develop your character and explore things, like little bits of your character's personality, Force powers, whatever, by writing it. I learn more by screwing around with a character than pre-planning. Your mileage may vary.
  • Finally: Just put yourself out there. Have fun writing for the sake of having fun. The more you write, the more you practise and learn your character, the more people you'll meet, the more plot potential you get. I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but it does bear being said because a lot of new members are very shy. Screw it. Go out there and have fun.

Again, welcome to SWRP, and if you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. :)

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
[member="Shalita Verd"]

I want to hug you.

[member="Hyoun Palebrew"]

Shi'ido... That reminds me... Shally, Hyoun's the one to ask about Shi'ido.

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
Hyoun Palebrew said:
I know what a Shi'Ido is
I know you do... You've probably had more Shi'ido playbys than anybody else here, and you know their biology and stuff. That was my point.

Look at me, making it sound scientific.

Hijinks said:
I know you do... You've probably had more Shi'ido playbys than anybody else here, and you know their biology and stuff. That was my point.

Look at me, making it sound scientific.
xD Not really. I just keep changing my writer account cause I feel I shouldn't make more character accounts than Cira

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="Shalita Verd"]

Now there's an entrance.

Welcome to the Chaos! I am sure you'll fit in perfectly around here.

Just shout if you have any questions at all to help get you started - have fun out there!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom