Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just Traveling

370d9lz.png

Sith were indeed right bastards, but Alina couldn't help but tense a little at the term. There were several of her fellow Acolytes she didn't think were bastards in the slightest. Even if they were anyway. Momentary.. Whatever she was feeling. It shifted to curiosity as Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos mentioned being a hypocrite. What would make her a hypocrite in this case? It wasn't like she was a Sith herself. Oh. Wait. Alina lifted her gaze to watch the other woman for a moment.

She was a Sith. Defector.

A part in her mind thought she should just strike this woman down. That's what her Sith training said, at least. Defectors were cowards who deserved no mercy. And yet, that thought faded almost as quickly as it formed. How could she even think about it when the idea of defecting was one that was still present in her own mind?

Her gaze fell back to the floor as she stayed curled up in her seat, her chin once more resting atop one of her knees. "A lot of people would die if it just fell. I don't want people to die." Alina's voice was a lot softer now than before. She certainly didn't want to debate this belief. Her faith in the Empire wasn't from blind reverence. She needed the Empire. Everything she went through would be for nothing without it. All the people she tried to protect. Who died. The blood on her hands from her inability to be strong.

That having no purpose would ruin her completely.

"Do you have anyone you miss?"

"Me neither, bud," Sylvia replied, coupled with a near-nonchalant shrug. "That's exactly why. You're aware of their actions outside Sith borders, right?" Being outside the veil of propaganda, the spacer was able to see just how much destruction the Sith had brought upon the galaxy. Inside of their borders things were stable, but beyond their own territory their presence was nothing but destructive.

"Ugh, who am I to talk. It's not like I'm a model citizen either." Sure, she wasn't committing genocide on planetary scale on the regular, but she did keep contact with a few people directly tied to the empire. Her own actions weren't completely innocent, either. Spacers weren't killers, but she had broken her own fair share of laws. Even if it was the only choice she had to make a living, sometimes. She was breaking a law just to get Alina across the Galactic Alliance border.

The question Alina then raised didn't have a straight answer. She didn't miss anyone there, because she either reforged the connection or the person was no longer there either. The last one particularly hurt, but she wasn't going to tell Alina. She was still getting over that loss. Not many fell into the former category, either.

"I don't miss anyone. I wasn't particularly well-liked," Sylvia replied with a sharp tongue. Even thinking of her time in the academy had the ability to upset her. "Just a rat. That was all I was."

370d9lz.png

"Why do you think I'm out here?" Alina almost felt like laughing, if it wasn't such a somber subject. She knew all too well the propaganda that the Sith had and used. How much of it was true? What did the galaxy actually think about the Sith? Questions she wanted answered, but she'd only get them like this. Sneaking into enemy territory to find people within. Though, it did make her that much more curious about Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos 's background. Both about what made her think she had no place to talk, and what it meant to be a rat.

Though, who was she to ask such personal things to a stranger she'd paid to illegally help her cross a border?

After a moment the young woman groaned, lowering her legs to lean back against the couch. She pulled off her sunglasses, given there was no more reason to keep hiding her identity. "You have anything stronger to drink?"

"I don't know," Sylvia replied as she shrugged once more, now as a sign of admission. "When a Sith sneaks into Alliance territory, I would assume they'd have other motives first. No offense." Had she known Alina was a Sith before, she probably wouldn't even have taken her on board. Breaking the law was one thing- having blood on your hands was another. Another reason why the spacer would've made a terrible Sith.

Regardless, they were here now. All Sylvia could hope for now was for Alina to not do anything too heinous. Then again, the way she was sitting on her couch only moments before, she didn't seem all that malicious.

Sylvia watched as Alina took off her glasses, but there was no visible reaction to be seen. While such blazing eyes would throw off many, Sylvia used to see them everywhere she went. She herself had never reached far enough into the Dark side to have such corruption overtake her, something she was thankful for.

"I can't recommend it, but I have a couple options if you really need a drink," Sylvia answered as she pointed towards a cabinet. It was good to take the edge off after especially stressful days. "Help yourself, I guess. Just don't plunder my entire stash. Good booze is expensive." At least she could get most things at cheaper prices courtesy of the smuggling connections she had, but it still wasn't cheap. The higher quality was absolutely worth paying the premium for, though.

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"Mm. Fair. I'm sure there's many Sith currently plotting to do just that." She wasn't sure how to feel about that thought, and it showed in her voice. On one hand, the Sith were enemies of the Jedi and to strike out at them was important. But at what cost? What did war truly bring? There were more questions than Alina would like, but then again. Wasn't that the point of why she was out here to begin with? The young woman quickly rose from her seat, to the cabinet that was pointed out.

She didn't spend too long looking through. Just avoiding anything that seemed too expensive. While she could easily pay, she didn't want to flash any more credits than she had to in front of Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos . Just being a Sith was enough in her mind to burden the spacer with. Vodka was her target, and with the bottle in hand she made her way over to where the glasses were originally. She poured one for herself, pausing. "Want a glass?" Whether or not the pink haired woman did Alina would find her way back to her seat, either to give Sylvia the drink or just to sit and enjoy her own.

The first sip was a welcome relief. The familiar burn pulled her out of her own head. She had problems, though she'd be the last to admit it. "So you just drop me off and that's it, right? Don't want you having to get searched or anything just cause of me."

"I know how it looks, don't ask where I get it from. Spacer's secret," Sylvia remarked as Alina opened the cabinet. A bunch of cheap booze was more than likely the expectation, but it was the one area where she allowed herself to splurge from time to time. The bottles tended to last a while, anyway. Still, she would never buy any of it for full price. "It pays to have friends in the right places."

Taking a sip from her own drink, Sylvia set the polished-off glass down while Alina made her way back with a bottle of vodka. It wasn't her favorite, but it was good to switch things up with from time to time. "Nah, can't be drinking on the job," the spacer declined, shaking her head. While she certainly enjoyed her drinks, she was strict on herself when she would indulge herself. Only during her free time, and never on a bad day. She refused to let it become a coping mechanism.

"The deal was me getting you past the checkpoint. I may just get searched regardless, so I'm always prepared." If only Sylvia could drop her passengers off at the hangar and just fly off again. It would've saved her countless headaches. "So when we do get there, just go along with everything I do and you should be fine." Hopefully the drink wouldn't get to Alina too much.

"Just don't forget to put those sunglasses back on by that time."

370d9lz.png
"That it does." She raised her glass as if for a toast. Friends in the right places. That was a lot of how Alina was trying to live her life now. Not with enemies in the Sith, but allies. Within and without. Not an easy thing, given how the Sith were run. She downed the last of the glass pretty quickly, Drinking was probably the worst thing she could be doing with this being her first time trying to sneak into Alliance space, but she couldn't help herself. She stared blankly at the glass for a moment.

Maybe she really did have a problem.

Bah. One little drinks not gonna bother her too much. She set the glass on the counter before leaning back in her seat, arms crossed over her chest. "Follow your lead and keep the sunglasses on. Should be easy enough." That was the hope at least. Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos looked young, but she at least had a reputation to be good at this kind of stuff. Alina closed her eyes and rested her head back. Unless she was drinking or flirting she really wasn't the best at conversations with people she didn't know. And that meant heavily drinking.

"How much time till we get there?"

"Cheers, bud. Don't let it get to you too much." It would get the both of them in trouble, and Sylvia probably wouldn't be getting paid for her trouble either. With the speed Alina downed the drink, though, chances were she could hold her liquor well enough.

Alina repeating her instructions gave Sylvia a bit more confidence in the situation. Her mind cast back to the time when she tried to get a nervous wreck past the border and the night she spent behind bars because of it. Thankfully the authorities weren't able to find anything on either of them and she even got some monetary compensation out of it, but she really didn't want that to happen again. Especially not when there was a Sith involved.

"Yup. They'll ask for identification, you flash the ID, smile and nod, boom. You're through." It was routine for the spacer, at this point. "Most of 'em don't get paid enough to care much. They'll search your bag at worst. Realspace is like an hour away by now-" Sylvia stopped herself, tilting her head slightly. An important question flashed through her mind.

"You don't have anything crazy in there, right? Like, say, a lightsaber or anything? Sith tend to have one, you know," she added, the last sentence said through her teeth.

370d9lz.png

"Uhh. I mean, yeah. It's my families saber. My sister.. It was hers before she died." Yeah, getting found with a lightsaber wouldn't be a good thing, though there were ways around it. Some ways. Alina reached over to her pack, pulling the hilt of her blade out. A slight frown was on her face though. What she was planning to do wasn't something she normally should, especially among a stranger. Well, Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos had proven to be trustworthy thus far. It'd take a little bit of tinkering, mostly because she couldn't use the Force to disassemble it like a normal person, but she would get the crystal chamber open and pluck the red piece of kyber from it's housing.

Then pocket it.

"There. Now it won't turn on. Just a sentimental piece."

Sylvia had a lightsaber too, but it had no sentimental value. She pilfered it from a tomb under supervision of Vaylin Vaylin during a field trip and that was that. The red blade only had bad memories attached to it, and so she rarely used it nowadays. It was currently stashed in a hidden compartment under the pilot's seat, a place that had yet to be discovered during any checks. She didn't want to use it, but didn't want to throw it away either. Especially with how rare they were and how much time she had spent learning how to use the thing in the first place.

There was something Sylvia could do, though. Or at least, she had a lead. She had recently heard of the possibility to heal a bled crystal. If she could remove the bad vibes the blade gave off, she'd feel much more comfortable using it.

"Yeah, that... That works. If they find the crystal, just pretend it's just another rock." It wasn't watertight, but it was also better than nothing. Sylvia stood up, gesturing towards the cockpit. "We should be close enough by now. I'm going to handle some messages I got earlier. I hate to leave you hanging, but work is work. I'll see you once we've landed." Spark followed her into to room, the door closing behind them.

370d9lz.png

"Just another rock it is." Worst case there was someone who might be able to sense the Force from the Crystal. When they arrived she'd just have to deaden the Force around her. Should make it easy enough to hide in that case. She already had the amulet around her neck that could hide her from any prying eyes at least. Her gaze flicked up to Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos . Right. This was a job still.

"Sounds good. I'll be here." Not that there was anywhere else for Alina to really go. She gave a soft smile and a wave before turning her head away to lean back against her chair. A nap would be good. Yeah. For however long the trip remained. She closed her eyes, pretty swiftly passing out to let the time fly.

Sylvia's estimation hadn't been too far off. Not much more than an hour later the ship entered realspace, the planet of Byss visible before the spacer's eyes. After a small back-and-forth over comms they were cleared to land; it was a surprisingly short waiting time for once. The spacer took control back over the ship and sent it down to the planet, following the coordinates sent to her so she could land at the spaceport.

After the ship touched down in the hangar, Sylvia hopped out of her seat and stretched. "Alright, let's go," she told Spark as she moved towards the door while the droid followed her. A singular beep was its response right before the door opened.

"Wakey wakey, bud. We're here," Sylvia called out to the napping woman, trying to wake her up. She'd slept through the landing, somehow. The spacer was honestly impressed. "We didn't get a ship check, so you just need to get through the gate. Shouldn't be anything special."

370d9lz.png

Alina sort of jumped as she was waken, eyes blinking awake. She was pretty groggy, but she'd eventually push herself up from the chair with a pretty big yawn. "Already..? Alright. This is uh, where I follow your lead?" It was good she slept through the landing. That part of the nerves she at least didn't have to deal with. Now though, was the harder part. At least Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos wasn't just gonna leave her on her own to deal with the checkpoint.

"Thanks, for bringing me here."

Sylvia grabbed her jacket from the workbench she had placed in the main area of the ship while Alina adjusted to being awake again. With a hand gesture she signaled something to Spark, who retreated back towards the cockpit. "Yup. I'll probably just talk about random chit with you as though we've known each other for years, as a heads-up. Just go along with it." As simple as it was, it often worked wonders in selling the illusion. After Sylvia snapped her fingers, Alina would be able to hear the boarding ramp lowering already.

"Hey," the spacer remarked with an amused tone, "we aren't done yet. You can thank me once you're past the check. Come on." With her back turned to Alina she pointed ahead of her, signalling the Sith to follow her. Down the ramp and out of the hangar they walked, at which point Sylvia's facial expression shifted. The act had been put on.

"Pops is going to be shocked to see us," Sylvia beamed as they approached the gate. It was a quiet hour, which was unfortunate. Busy guards were easier to get past. "Hopefully mom hasn't spoiled the surprise yet." Just two Jude sisters going to visit their family. Nothing special. Sylvia herself had some business on Byss as well. One of the messages she had handled was a job. It was just picking up and delivering a package, but it was barely a detour.

370d9lz.png

Ah? Alina raised a brow curiously at Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos as she mentioned this fact last second. She could of at least mentioned this earlier so the young Sith could prepare for it. She wasn't really the best at acting, but maybe it'd be fine? As she was lead out of the ship, there really wasn't time to go back now. She let out a breath before putting on a smile.

"Right. Yeah. She's always been good at keeping surprises." She kept her voice soft, trying not to react too much in the way her mind did. The terrible memories of her mother. The loss of her father. She hadn't had the chance to truly accept what had happened, so it still threw her off. None the less, she forced the smile.

"You think we're late?"

"Visiting family, hm?"

As the duo approached the booth at the end of the line, the man who sat within it joined into the conversation. His baritone voice quickly drew Sylvia's attention, not seeing a tone that low coming from the relatively skinny border officer. The spacer was happy she'd overheard them, as that had been her intention in the first place. He'd have asked the question regardless, now she didn't have to tell him directly.

"You'd be right," Sylvia answered, taking the lead in the conversation to allow Alina to simply watch. She pulled an ID out of her pocket, one by the name of Varian Jude, and handed it to the man. There was always just that tinge of nervosity that sat in the back of the spacer's mind in that moment, even when she used her genuine card. She was looking to stay off the records when moving alongside Alina though, just in case.

The card was swiped. A reassuring beep followed. The card was handed back to Sylvia; the man didn't suspect a thing.

"How long are you staying for?" he continued, "both of you."

"Two days for me. A week for you, right?"
Sylvia turned her attention towards Alina- she had no choice but to assume.

370d9lz.png

Alina gave a bright smile and a nod, but didn't dare to say anything more than she had. She was actually feeling nervous now. It wasn't the center of Alliance space, but getting caught as a Sith would be pretty terrible. For her and Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos . She handed over the card, dreading that there'd be something, anything, wrong. The confirmation beep nearly had her sigh in relief. She didn't, though. Last thing she was going to do was fumble at the finish line now.

"A week is the plan, but it might be less if Dad is how he always is." The man gave a nod and a smile as he gave her back the forged card.

"Well, I hope he doesn't drive you off. But I do have to ask, what's the lightsaber for?" Yep, there's the question Alina was hoping wouldn't be asked. Thankfully she already had an idea.

"It was my fathers. I sold it, some years ago. I'm hoping that by getting it back for him we can patch up everything that happened." She was doing her best to speak calmly, but it was clear there was emotion behind it. All for the facade. She was handed back her purse as the man nodded in understanding.

"Families important. I wish you luck with fixing things."

"Thank you."

And they were through. Alina visibly relaxed once they stepped out of reception, letting an exhausted sigh escape. "Now I can thank you, yeah?"

A well-practiced scoff parted from Sylvia's lips as she imagined the father that she shared in her imagination with Alina. She had improvised her way through many border checks, this one wouldn't be any different. "I'm still surprised mom convinced him to take time off," she responded, twisting the imaginary figure into an eternally busy parent. Thankfully it didn't get in the way of the 'mending the relationship' angle Alina was working with. Such a story was a bit heavier than what she herself had in mind, but it worked.

Not seeing any reason to add anything more, Sylvia kept her silence for the remainder of the check. Alina got through cleanly as well and away they walked. Another job done and this time, she didn't have any messes to clean up either. It was a good day.

As the duo walked their way out of the spaceport, Sylvia held her answer until they were outside. There was no need for anyone listening in. "Now you can, yes. I have held up my end of the deal, so I think it's time you do the same." She wasn't running a charity, after all. She had expenses and those needed to be paid.

o1yfhSr.png

"Ah, right. Can't forget that." Alina pulled out the necessary credits, handing them over to Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos with a bright smile. This had actually worked out, much to the young Sith's own surprise. Nothing against the Spacer, she just was naturally paranoid of things not going her way after her mother's first betrayal. Her gaze turned back to the city they were in, looking over the people, the buildings. Taking it all in. No Sith propaganda. Nothing Sith at all.

It was different.

"I dunno if we'll meet again, but it was nice to meet you, Sylvia."

Like she always did, Sylvia quickly checked the credstick and confirmed it indeed was the amount they had agreed on. Clients had tried to do her dirty that way infuriatingly often, likely thinking she wouldn't do anything about it due to her age and stature. They paid up eventually, though. She had only been properly screwed like that once, a day she didn't remember too fondly for multiple reasons.

"Yep, checks out," Sylvia remarked, nodding as she pocketed the credstick. "I doubt I need to say it, but keep the ID on you. It's your ticket off Byss as well." Unless Alina wanted to try to get off the planet while not hiding the fact she was a Sith. Somehow, the spacer was doubtful.

"Thank you for your patronage," she added tongue-in-cheek before giving Alina a salute. "And thank you for flying with Virtos. And if we do meet again, let's hope it's on friendly terms." Pulling out her holodevice, Sylvia quickly went to check at what time her meeting was. She'd have to move soon. And so, she would. She pocketed it again and turned her attention towards Alina one more time. "Stay safe out there. Maybe you'll learn the Sith really aren't all they're cracked up to be."

"May the Force be with you, or whatever it is the Jedi say,"
her final words sounded as she parted ways. "Not that they're much better, but still."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom