Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Like Old Times [TU Dominion of Rodia]

Objective: Accompany [member="Eeth Forte"] and keep him out of trouble

Now that Max Rumor, former Chief Counsel of Rumor, Wolf & Funk, had gone on to become the Senator of Nak Shimor, Dorskit Wolf was left to run the criminal defense law firm which held his namesake all by himself with the help of his partner Funk. Funk, a rather simian-looking Hamadryas, would remain on Nar Shadda which is where the main headquarters were while Dorskit Wolf would be primarily retained by the Techno Union and located in the South Systems. He was currently residing in hotels and had yet to purchase property.

His first direct client was Eeth Forth, an unsually dapper Zabrak with the same penchant for fine, tailored suits. They also had some other things in common – their love of squash, expensive vacations and other luxuries available to businessmen of their status. But the one thing they didn’t have in common was their bloodlust to kill. Dorskit was a mild-mannered hermaphrodite Verpine with an encyclopedic knowledge of the law, and while Forte was a banker first and foremost, he still held onto the fierce warring nature of the Zabrak culture and rumors swirled that wherever Eeth Forte went, the dead bodies would soon follow. Dorskitt hadn’t seen anything to support these rumors but there were sentient species out there who may find his carahide quite tasty so he was slightly wary of Mr. Forte.

Banking laws were not Dorskit’s specialty, but it wasn’t anything he couldn’t read up on, and while he trailed along behind Eeth Forte and his entourage, he busied himself with making sure Mr. Forte had the correct intergalactic bank license.

Objective: Scout locations for an InterGalactic bank headquarters, score some spice, try not to kill someone in front of [member="Dorskit Wolf"]
Post 2/20

As Eeth made his way to the more rundown parts of Iskaayuma, he found a couple of Rodian spice dealers soliciting in front of a McYoda's with the word "FEAR" spray-painted on the window. From the expensive suits they wore, the two aliens didn't seem like the types who cut their wares with Ocher powder. Eeth always knew where to find the good stuff. He was resourceful that way. The Zabrak investment banker glanced over at his lawyer, Mr. Wolf, to see if he had bailed yet. Nope, the Verpine was still there, just as suspected. Lawyers loved themselves some spice. It was just science.

One of the Rodian drug dealers pointed at Eeth's face tattoos.

"What's your story. Did you flunk out of the Sith Academy?" he tittered.

A deep frown crossed Eeth's red-skinned face. As a matter of fact, the Zabrak did flunk out of the Sith Academy, and his failure was quite a sore subject for him. Eeth smiled back at the Rodian, viciously showing his white teeth which were filed down to sharp points.

"What did you say to me?" Eeth growled.

Suddenly a hand shot out and grabbed the Rodian by the neck, slamming him against the Mc Yoda's window to the dismay of the startled diners in the booth on the other side. After holding the stunned man in place for a moment or two, the Zabrak released the man with a chuckle, his eyes crinkling with levity.

"Don't worry, man. I'm just yanking your chain. Hey, wanna see how ripped my abs are?"

Objective: Accompany [member="Eeth Forte"] and keep him out of trouble

“Mr Forte, can I borrow you for a minute to look at this systematic risk program that I think will help to make sure the bank can remain solvent during turbulent times?” He was aware of some disagreements between the Rodians and the Vong population and the worst that the Zabrak banker could do right now was establish a chain of banks in an unstable and dangerous social climate. “I think that...”

He stopped and looked around as to where they had ended up. This wasn’t the Gold Row of Rodia with its banks, shops, The Guild Hall and the Rodian Galactic Drama Troupe! They had wandered far off the beaten path and Dorskit began to worry that Mr. Forte had a less savory type of business deal in mind.

Contrary to what Forte suspected, Dorskit himself did not partake of spice like humanoids did. Verpine senses were already more heightened and advanced than your typical human or alien species. His compound eyes could detected microscopic details and his antenna readily picked up tympanic nerves and radio waves. Dorskit had no desire to dull these senses nor heighten them. He was a pretty straight-laced lawyer in that way.

As he woke out of his sudden reverie, he noticed Eeth Forte had a suited Rodian up against a wall, the Rodian’s legs kicking out to try and release the hold of the Zabrak. But Mr. Forte suddenly let the alien go. The intellectual Verpine stood there cringing at Forte’s machismo and wracking his brain on the specifics of the Rodian court system in case Eeth Forte was arrested tonight.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Enemies: The Unclean
Allies: [member="Charlotte"] [member="Adekos"]

He fething hated being on the fighting side. It just was so… uncivilized. But fighting Vong? For whatever reason that was different and did not bother Marek. Especially when he was not one man alone, abandoned. Really, Adekos, he was right here. He was in the fething car building with you! He opned fire with his rifle, wishing so badly that his blaster pistol, the one created by Net Zillo, and the one that used the Force, would be useful here.

The Hydra War Droids, a bit more tightly programmed than Prime, still had the blood lust of the forerunner of the droids. They also were programmed to hate. But hate Yuuzhan Vong. And that was why they were not conserving ammunition on the targets and should anyone look into the HUD of the droids it would clearly state ‘no kill like overkill.’

Moving forward, he turned a corner. Right, amphistaffs. Vong loved the melee work. He looked back at the pair of Hydra Droids and nodded. Should it become clear Marek was having trouble, well, they’d make stew meat out of the Vong.

Not that anyone should eat the Vong, because they carried disease.

Enemies: Vong
Allies: [member="Marek Starchaser"]
Cractius had just arrived after Marek and saw him fighting Vong. Cractius took out his sniper and trained the sights on one of the amphistaff wielding fiends. He squeezed the trigger and watched the disease of Vong organs against the building wall.
1/20

2/20

After the quick kill of the vong, with her sniper fire. It was time to move on, she moved quickly through corridors. Never losing her formation, each advancing under cover of three others, whilst one team member watched the rear. This was how each fire team moved, thus minimising the risks of being caught out. It paid of to, as vong eager to fight back found out as they made the way to next objective. The was roughly twenty them, and one spotted a scout moving forward. He shouted to his fellow monsters, Oi we got some, let`s get them, this was a mistake. The reason this was one, the young vong had alerted the rest platoon they had been spotted. Secondly they new were the vong were, and that helped the get the guns ready to aim at them. As they quickly took positions, to face against the one fire team, two of them had already took up forward positions. The one caught out in open dashed for cover, leaving other one behind in cover. Her other teams set themselves up quickly, ready to open fire on them. As they brought the ugly heads above the cover, her team was ready to remove them quickly with high velocity blaster fire. They dropped back quickly without their heads, others though were on there way. The fight was not over yet.

Objective: Scout locations for an InterGalactic bank headquarters, score some spice, try not to kill someone in front of [member="Dorskit Wolf"]
Post 3/20

The Rodian drug dealers declined Eeth's generous proposal to see his ripped abs. Well, their fecking loss then. Eeth's abs were a thing of beauty, and he worked really karking hard on them. The Zabrak suddenly felt the near-uncontrollable urge to take a hundred pound dumbbell and brain the both of the drug dealers with it. He spent a good minute fantasizing about watching their gooey gray matter seep out of their ears and onto the duracrete, and then Eeth snapped back to reality. The Rodians were cursing to each other in Rodese about their rough treatment, but a customer was a customer, and once credits exchanged hands, they gave Eeth all the spice he could possibly ingest in one night.

Spinning jauntily on one heel, the Zabrak turned to Mr. Wolf. He draped and arm around the Verpine's shoulder and began to fast walk him to a darker corner of the alley. He found it distasteful to do spice in public. The investment banker had an image to uphold after all.

"Now then, Mr. Wolf, you and I are going to do two things in succession. First, we are going to do so much spice we can't see straight. And second, we're going to find a club. I won't take no to either proposal."

Objective: Accompany Eeth Forte and keep him out of trouble

Dorskit Wolf patiently watched the unknown spice exchange hands from the Rodians to his prestigious client. He sighed and hope it turned out to be stimulants because then quite possibly Eeth Forte would be alert and interested in listening to his cautionary advice on intergalactic banking regulations.

When Mr. Forte grabbed him around his slim, insectoid frame, he slightly recoiled, but then allowed the Zabrak to walk him to an extremely dark and sketchy back alley. Since Dorskit’s eyesight was preternatural he could pick up every detail of this sordid place from the meer rats digging into a waste disposal unit to a puddle of vomit that his client was about to step in.

With antennae twitching, he said, “Watch your shoes, Mr.Forte,” and he pointed to the ground with a clawed finger. The Zabrak's shoes looked quite expensive after all. At the offer to join him in a spice binge, Dorskit Wolf replied, “I don’t do spice, I’m afraid and it’s not my place to judge your… corporate social responsibility policy.”

“But I do need to review some proposals with you today. Perhaps we could go to a more private club free of relative noise and revelry so we can discuss your business?”

[member="Eeth Forte"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Location: Equator City, Rodia[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Allies: [member="Morgan Redeaux"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][9/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Irani let her straighten his tie and jacket, it didn’t make him feel uncomfortable or anything, in some ways it was pretty cute really. So why complain about something that felt [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]good?[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] In the end the question came that he had already been expecting to a certain degree, [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]where have you learned to speak that language so fluently and [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]how?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]There were a few ways Darell could reply to that, most of which were evasions and not exactly the truth of the matter. But in the end he decided to go with the truth or at least a partial truth that would ring true with her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]I firmly believe in coming prepared.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]” he would say with a grin. “The Yuuzhan Vong are a part of this Galaxy, some of us might not like it, but it’s the truth of the matter. We can’t kill them all, even if some of us might want it.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]A shrug.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Better to construct some bridges and make sure that they work for [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]us[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px], instead of burning all the bridges before they are done. Wouldn’t you agree?”[/SIZE]

Allies: [member="Darell Irani"]

"I do agree," she replied. But the clever droid she was, Morgan noted how Darell Irani had simply evaded her question and given her a very indirect answer instead. Either way, his language fluency wasn't something she was going to pry into or dwell on. Any number of software programs could help organic beings learn a language and fairly quickly with dedicated study.

"That was the first time I'd ever been in such close quarters to the Yuuzhan Vong," the HRD continued. The Morgan leaned closely in, placing her hand on his shoulder and whispered her next sentence into his ear so the driver wouldn't hear their exchange. "I suppose if they realized I was a droid I would have been dismantled and destroyed." Even the intendant and worker caste of the Vong refused to use technology to aid them and Morgan was extremely aberrant to them because she had not had a memory wipe since she was original build.

Then Morgan withdrew, crossed her long, smooth legs and asked Mr. Irani, "Where are we off to next?"

Hira Mitsae

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][10/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]A soft smile flashed across Irani’s expression as he pondered about that. It was true that even after all these years the Yuuzhan Vong were still pretty [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]annoyed[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] when it came to the more regular technology that the Galaxy had to offer, and yet… yet there was some kind of progress to be found. Mostly because they hadn’t been trying to bring down their shuttle as it was approaching or try to gauge his cybernetic eyes out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]All manners of development, if only you give it some time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“I wouldn’t have let them, Morgan.” Darell replied smoothly and with enough confidence that it seemed he really believed he would have made a difference against six Vongs, perhaps… he would have.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Morgan should see him with his [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]shotgun.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“We are going to see a few Rodian Engineers, they started up an engineering company. Produced the best exotic weaponry and shielding on Rodia, but ya know how it goes. The rapturing didn’t do them a lot of good, so we are going to buy them out, make them work for us.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]For Saiba.[/SIZE]

Morgan smiled when Darell admitted that he would have protected her if the Vong had meant to do her harm. His confidence and faith in her gave her a lot to think about as they rode together towards their next location point, a Rodian engineering company. As much as the droid was loath to admit this to herself, she worried that Gerion Ardik didn't have this same type of loyalty to her. Sure he had provided her with steady employment. And yes, he had installed anti-slicing software to keep from being re-purposed by another Master or employer. But would he put his very own pale skin on the line for her? She honestly wasn't sure.

"Mr. Irani, ultimately you don't have to worry about me," the HRD said. "Mr. Ardik installed a full suite of combat routines into my programming. In fact, I know how to execute exactly eighteen k'Jtari moves which, in a hand-to-hand combat situation could kill an organic being. In fact looking back upon it, I think I could have reasonably taken on two of the smaller shapers before I would have been overpowered."

If the businessman didn't know these details about her already, well now he did. Morgan was not only a willing, dedicated assistant, translator and occasional companion. She was programmed to kill if given the right circumstances or instructions. But there was not a trace of aggression or violence in her as she sat next to Darell, waiting to arrive at their next destination.

While the Rodians were also a violent alien race they were friends to mechanicals so Morgan didn't have quite the apprehension over this next visit.

Hira Mitsae

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][11/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Irani hadn’t actually known about that, Morgan hadn’t ever told him and he hadn’t been very enthusiastic to talk about her with Ardik. He had already screwed his apprentice that one time- okay… maybe a [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]few[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] one times- and Gerion was still a bit sore about that, how would he react if he knew that his friend had also had shared the bed with his employee?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Not that Darell had known Morgan was being employed by Ardik when they had shared those few nights on Coruscant, but try telling that to the Umbaran when he was getting all pissy. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Nah, it would be better if Gerion never found out, at least that way he wouldn’t have to duck all those cheap assassins he would get on his ass. There were some things that became boring after a certain while and that was definitely one of them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“That is very impressive, Morgan.” Darell would finally reply, pondering about the implications of such a diversified assistant. It would still take them a while before the transport would reach the designated landing zone for their debate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Saiba Security Solutions should be on the place already though, they were positively crawling various locations of Rodia already, most of which came down to securing factories, refineries and other facilities that could be of use to the Saiba Group.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]That was what SSS did, make sure that the interests of Saiba were protected any way they could. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]It was them who would secure the Vong Shapers too and transport them of the planet with any technology the Shapers would need.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Perhaps you can show me a few of [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]those[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px] moves when we are done with Rodia?” another grin was flashed as Darell winked to her.[/SIZE]

“Why thank you, Darell,” Morgan said at the compliment. And while she knew she shouldn’t constantly compare the two, the HRD thought again how Mr. Irani’s temperament was such the opposite of Mr. Ardik. They were both experienced, competent businessmen but that is where the similarities firmly ended.

And then when he suggested she give him a demonstration of her “moves,” Morgan had a feeling he wasn’t completely referring to her Ktarti self-defense maneuvers. “If you want another private demonstration at the Vos Gesal Hotel, I’m sure that can be arranged,” she said, recalling their trip to the Underworld when he purchased those very important “non-combat” upgrades for her. She cleared her throat, trying to concentrate on business despite how difficult Mr. Irani was making it.

“But for this moment, is there anything in particular that I need to be aware of for this next meeting with the Rodian engineers?”

Objective: B
Company: [member="Marek Starchaser"] | [member="Charlotte"]

The Yuuzhan-Vong warrior was big, quite possibly even bad, but his brutish attack style was shrugged off with little effort by the Umbaran's light footwork. A casual deflection there, a sidestep there. Blow after blow from the amphistaff was simply swatted away or otherwise harmlessly redirected by the Umbaran. For all intents and purposes, it looked like Adekos was toying with his food. Perhaps he could have launched a counter-attack against the Vong if he wanted, but in reality he just wanted practice with this sort of thing. Combating Yuuzhan-Vong was going to become a frightening regularity in this part of space. Adekos was going to need as much experience in going toe-to-toe with them as possible.

His opponent opted for the solid amphistaff approach, wielding it like some sort of staff. It was all fun and games, but it was never a good idea to play with your food. Particularly when said food was far more crafty and skilled in combat than Adekos gave it credit for. Their weapons locked, and suddenly the amphistaff was coiled snugly around Adekos' lightsaber blade. Before Adekos could react, the Vong pulled back. His lightsaber flew from his hands, wrenched across the room by the Yuuzhan-Vong thing that stood before him.

Really, he should have seen that one coming.

"You-"
"Hold that thought."

Lighting sprang from Adekos' outstretched hands, flinging the nameless warrior and its pet across the room. Time for a slow, painful, death by electrocution. Since apparently saber-fighting was just out of the question now.

Objective: A
Enemies: The Vile Vong
Allies: [member="Freanne"] [member="Cractius Stretus"] [member="Marek Starchaser"]
[1/20]

Orick knew about the fighting on Rodia, he had heard about it through his backchannels and contacts. He wasn't looking forward to getting himself involved in another war, but he was looking to build his reputation within the Union. In his experience blood and sweat always paid huge dividends, as long as he survived long enough to cash them in. the Ranger hovered a short way behind the advancing Union forces. His usual Co-pilot was off helping her brother with something, so he had brought along one of the naval droids to handle ship while he took his small troop of droids down onto the planet. " Land the ship near that small rock formation, once we are off the ship, take it back up and wait for me to call you back down." He said as he stood and went to the small arms room on the ship.

" Yes sir." He heard the droid reply as he left the small bridge. The arms room was a cabin on the ship that he converted into a small storage space for armor and weapons. He could feel the slight movement of the ship as it descended towards the planet, the arms room door opened silently as he slapped the panel and he smiled as he saw his armor hanging on the rack. He had yet to wear it in any kind of serious combat and he was interested to see how it held up.

The ship landed softly and Orick stepped off the ship, fully armored up in his beskar'gam and followed by his small group of 5 TA1 battle droids. His helmet had a full suite of electronics and he was already getting data streaming in from multiple sources. He gripped his blaster rifle carefully and he began jogging towards the battle in progress, the droids behind him matching his pace.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Post 9 of 20
Company: [member="Charlotte"] and [member="Adekos"]

See? This was what it was all about snipers watching him? It was almost better than having SpyNet everywhere he went. It meant that no one but him was recording the actions he and select women were taking on late night soirees. But snipers? They made short work of Vong, and that was pleasing as anything to Marek. He saw the splatters and realized they weren’t originating from his HWDs. That was interesting. Danger sense allowed him to realize where the shots came from and he gave a two finger salute from the top of his armor’s helmet in [member="Cractius Stretus"] ‘s direction. See? He didn’t like getting messy.

He was hearing of one other sniper team, apparently Jenn was helping move them through the city. More on that later. Next Post.

Marek heard the tell tale crackle of electricity and grinned. That was good. See? He could do that, but with those? No. But the thudbugs coming from down the alley way? Yeah, time for a bit of new tech. And it would just anger the Vong. “Cover me.” He ordered to his droids.

A quick muscle movement and the left arm of his armor folded away as he activated the Phade Prosethetic’s main function. Extending his arm and unleashed the best concealed riot control weapon money could by. And it was inorganic and grafted to his body. Come at him, Vong. Probably should get back inside and rescue the Rodians.

Company: Marek Starchaser | Charlotte

Every time bells rang, a Diathim got their wings. Likewise, every time a Yuuzhan-Vong warrior was brought to heel by Force Lightning, a new factory opened up somewhere in the Techno Union. The creature's loyal amphistaff was not exempt from the unmitigated power of Force Lightning. That was probably why it took shelter under the warrior, as opposed to simply staying out in the open and suffering alongside its master. For one reason or another, Adekos stopped just short of killing the thing. Malevolent man though he was, torture was not his style. And attempting to kill the warrior in this fashion would have taken so long as to be considered torture by both parties.

Adekos preferred more constructive uses of his time.

His lightsaber returned to his hand, called there by the Force, and the sickly green blade re-ignited. Adekos meandered over to the miserable beast, ready to strike a death blow. This had gone on long enough. It was time to wrap up here and proceed on to whatever other stragglers were still stinking up Rodia's fair capital building. Adekos raised his blade up for a swift execution-style decapitation, only to have his legs knocked out from under him. Crafty Vong bastard! Adekos should have known it wouldn't be that easy. As quickly as Adekos had fallen to the floor, the warrior was back on his feet, amphistaff in hand, bolting down the hallway.

He looked up from where he lay, pounding the floor indignantly with his fist. "Inconceivable little..."

No matter. It wouldn't get far.

Hira Mitsae

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px][12/20][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“Hmm, I think that would be for the best, yes.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]He’d reply with the most serious tone, his expression completely neutral, but the sudden pat on her knee would tell all tales that needed to be told in this particular situation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]There wasn’t really anything that would be important for her to know for the next meeting, it was simply beneficial to have a HRD around that could see through any lies, one who could spot all the details and notice the subtle lines which even Irani could miss.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]But all of that was in reality just posturing, because the simple truth of the matter was?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]Darell liked having Morgan around, but he probably wouldn’t admit that anytime soon for now. They really would need more screentime and development before such a thing would happen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.6666666666667px]“They are desperate for cash and protection, had a few ugly run-ins with some loan sharks, nothing that we cannot handle, of course. But keep in the lookout for anything that might seem [/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px]strange[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6666666666667px], you might spot things that I would miss.”[/SIZE]

Objective: D, Be Watchtower

Jenn was watching the chatter. There was a lot going on. It seemed that the Masters Starchaser and the one known as Adekos were handling the Vong with their war droids over at the capital. But there were so many other people coming in. The Archon had continued his hunting sweeps on Rodia, and that was fine by her, he could handle himself. There were a few others popping up, and she was doing her best to track everyone. Net Zillo had some of the best tech in the galaxy and she moved a lot to her ship. Watching some dapper insects, cybernetic Vong and a Zabrak in a suit was a bit boring, but…

New arrivals. She had seen the signal that [member="Freanne"] was around and opened up a channel to her, encrypted even though Vong wouldn’t know how to intercept. Hell, she didn’t even know if Freanne would accept it. “WE’ve got fighting going on in the Capital and at the main bio dome, Vong as per the typical. Good hunting, just contact if you need assistance.” Like an air drop, or evacuation.

The other one of interest was the one known as Orick. Aimless Ranger was the ship and she attempted to hail them. Should she get in contact she wanted to speak to the ground team that was going down, letting them know she was here to offer assistance in the matter of Vong Extermination. Really, this job would be nicer if [member="Emerald Sage"] were here to share the vessel with. But then they might not get anything done.

Was she forgetting anyone? Right! Marek’s Guardian Angel (That is a reference to Halo, yes I did that). [member="Cractius Stretus"]. She reached out with the comms to hail them as well. Now she was just waiting to see who’d speak back to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom