Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Like Gravity

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

Serene Temple of Fallen Heaven
Mt Jalakveli
Endor

Originally built to house a Sith Hydroelctrical facility, Daxton Bane had repurposed it as a place of learning and training, complete with a Zen Sand garden, barracks and training ground for dozens of apprentices. But the main feature were the floating islands which complemented the waterfalls, which was an impressive 3,200 meter drop. How Daxton raised the islands and how he keep then remains a mystery to this very day.

Daxton was enjoying the view from the observation deck, sipping on some tea he obtained from [member="Lady Kay"] musing on his next move. Wearing a very simple looking black robe, nothing would indicate that this was one of the most dangerous entities in the galaxy. Chuckling softly, he placed the black stone on the board and sealed the fate of his droid opponent. The droid uttered a long list of profanities when it realized it had lost the game of Goh. Further rantings however were cut short when a student entered and bowed low to inform his master that someone was seeking him out.

Instructing the student to lead the guest to the Zen garden he finished his tea before exiting the room, leaving the droid to set up the next game.

[member="Daxton Bane"]

Serene Temple of Fallen Heaven
Mt Jalakveli
Endor

The view was breathtaking, from the floating islands to the waterfalls, he felt like he was in a fantasy holo-book. But alas, he wasn't, and those books usually have a happy ending. His story however, did not.

Having to not only suffer from the nightmares of his family's death every night, the new addition of his wife-to-be dying had sucked the life out of him. His emotions resembled a barren wasteland, void of all but one thing, a burning desire for revenge, to make those who took away his happiness suffer,just as he had. That's why he was there, the Jedi frowned upon his ideal, saying he was treading a dangerous path, one that only lead one place. The Sith.

He held be reckoned, a force like none had seen in a very long time. He would be feared, and would not stop until he got what he desired. If that meant he'd have to bring an empire crumbling to its knees, so be it.

Standing before two black cloaked guards, he returned their grim states only his was burning. That tends to happen; when your life goes to hell, you are dragged down with it.

Before they would lead the guest into the compound, the guards conducted a body search weapons or contraband. Only his sabers would be allowed inside, the rest he could leave in his ship or left with the outer perimeter security teams. Further, he was instructed to take off his footgear before entering the temple grounds.

Huge stone statues of different gods and goddesses lined the worship hall, making one feel small and insignificant, a flea on the back of the galaxy. The hard sandalwood floor was harvested locally and continually buff into a near mirror shine echoed with the sounds of their food steps

Taking him outside, one could see students practicing ad sparring with each other. The hum of practice sabers mixed with cracking sound of burning ozone when blades met.

A lone zabrak stood in the middle of a sand filled pit, his red skin, black tattoos and ebony robe stood in clear contast to almost pure white sand.

"I can sense you have come a long way just to see me. How can I be of help to you?"

[member="Daxton Bane"]

After being instructed on what could and could not be best into the temple grounds, he left his vibro weapons, and all of his blasters in his ship. Not that he didn't trust the security teams, he just trusted his ship more.

Not bothering with wearing his rather conspicuous gold armor, he would be only clothed in a pair of all black military fatigues, minus the boots. The sway of his saber-staff would mimic his step, coming to a halt as he stopped a few paces behind the Zabrak. Now two figures were in complete contrast with their surroundings, the white sand making his dark persona look even more out-of-place. The rich smell of ozone and the sounds of students sparring brought back memories... painful ones of his first master.

"I've come seeking mentorship..." pausing, he would let his gaze wonder over the view before him, before finally coming to rest on the man. "To strengthen myself... to have my revenge." The last word rolled off his tongue with passion, anger radiating off of him. If one looked hard enough, they would also feel the empty sadness that accompanied that rage.

"Revenge. A noble quest indeed, however I detect a stench of Jedi about you. Let me guess, Did they fill your head with empty promises and false dreams? Promising you a better tomorrow at the expense of today. Liars.......all of them. Rotten to the very core."

"If I accept you as a student, you should know now you will pushed to the very limits and beyond. It could warp your mind and spirit, for this is no place for weak. Only the strong prosper. Here, there will be no one to blame save yourself, the only limit is one you place in front of you. As your master I will be your God. You will obey without question, without remorse. I will forge you into a weapon that strikes fear ibto the heart of your foe and I will grant you a chance for Revenge. Do you accept my terms?"

Daxton knew there was only one answer to that question but apprentice needed to know what he was about to enter before he was accepted.

The word Jedi made hims internally cringe, as that was another point in his life when he was weak, mourning over a loss that meant nothing, only a man that taught him how to use his weaponry. This was also a point where he was 'weak'; he was too busy crying over another loss instead of taking action.

As he would proceed to comprehend the words of the Zabrack before him, he would let his burning gaze bore into the man, unmoving. This was the missing part, this man was the final solution. As he had nothing to hold him back, he would succeed. He would be the strongest, and he will get his revenge. If it's the last thing he did. "I accept your terms, and will from hence forth put you above all else."

[member="Daxton Bane"]

[member=Nate the Bounty Hunter]

"Good. Now draw your blade and show me what you are made of." Daxton challenged him quite openly. There was no obvious weapon in the Sith Lord's hands save for a fan made from some dark metal that seemed to swallow light which he was using to fend off the heat from his face.

The ball seemed to be in the young apprentice's hands as Daxton looked at him with mirthless malice.

[member="Daxton Bane"]
The order came swiftly and surly, leaving no room for error. "Yes, Master." Letting the black hilt rest comfortably in the palm of his hand, the deep orange blade ignited, casting his shadow. Now, as the Zabrack had just told him to attack openly, he did just that. Swinging his arm around, he would stop midway, before slashing the blade in the opposite direction.

As the blow turned in the opposite direction, Daxton stepped into his guard and sent a telekinetic Force Push against the younger Sith chest. The sharp stinging sensation was as if he were punched in the chest, even if there was no physical contact.

"I sense much hesitation in you, my young friend. Still your mind, banish all thought, feel the ebb and flow of the Dark Side and strike."

As if to demonstrate, he used the Force to yank an ironwood staff from the stand against the wall. Using a heavily modified Vaapad stance, he launched a series of strikes which forced his foe on the defensive.

The Force swelled around him, pushing him back a few inches, his black combat boots screeching. Hesitation wasn't the word he'd use, but it wasn't wrong either. As the Zabrack equipped himself with a staff, Nate did as he was told, releasing all thoughts and embracing only the force.

Fiery eyes summed up his superiors stance, before his second saber spun from its holder and into his other hand, the Orange blade igniting, but only with enough spare time to bring them both up to parry the new onslaught of strikes.
[member="Daxton Bane"]

By embracing the Force the pair danced fiercely, the two lightsabers were stalled by the length of the staff, until a lucky strike split the staff cleanly in half.

Tossing aside the split halves, without so much of a pause, he waved his hand and the sand between them erupted in an explosive cloud.

By the time it cleared, Daxton's figure could be seen halfway up to one of the floating isles. The only way to pursue would be to Force Leap or chase him up a seriea of floating steps leading to the isles.

Things were flowing smoothly, he had managed a few well placed strikes, and one of them actually split the staff. Immediately, he went to send a Force push at the Zabrack, that wasn't until a massive explosion of sand sent him skidding backwards.

As he jumped back onto his feet, he could see the outline of the man on top of the floating isles. Not wasting any time, he took off at a sprint, reviving a few glances as he vaulted him self cleanly over the training founders, before landing on the side of a nearby isle. Jumping in a ' zig-zag' pattern, he made his way up to the man, landing with both feet on the second to last isle, summoning a tidal wave from down below.

That tug sensation he got in his gut wrenched, and the roar of a small pond could be heard as he brought the wave behind him, following in his wake as he jumped, landing right before the Zabrack. It was delayed, but the water came too, and if the miniature tsunami was successful, hopefully it be enough to at least phase the man.

[member="Daxton Bane"]

[Member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

Daxton was impressed that the younger man kept up with him so far but he made two crucial mistakes.

First was attempting to throw that amount of water that high since it would require vast amounts of concentration, leaving him exposed and vulnerable. The water would surge upward for a few hundred feet before gravity began taking away huge amounts.

And more importantly the second mistake was giving Daxton the high ground. Whoever controls the high ground controls the ebb and tide of battle and this battle was over.

Extending his Force tentacles downward to pummel and beat up Nate it was over a few minutes. Holding his apprentice by feet over the edge of the floating island he said, "Tell me my young apprentice, why is the Dark Side just like gravity?" Pausing for a span of a heartbeat to let the question sink in.

"Because the Fall is Inevitable." Cackling madly at his own wit, he seemingly released the young man to fall to his death on the lake beneath.

Whether he screamed or not the fall was quick. But before he hit the surface the descent was stopped by a series of shield which absorbed most of the momentum, allowing him to angle toward the shallows.

Only after he felt the Force surge around him had he realized his mistakes. As if on cue, he would fell a sharp jab in his side, then the back, and some on his chest. Feth. Sure, summoning vast amounts of water was his strong suit, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be exhausted.

After the beating by invisible fist, he was held upside down, the wind howling in his ears, the rather large temple looking small and insignificant below him. Looking up at the Zabrack before him, he would have to give his mentor some credit, it was witty.
Being dropped a few hundred feet onto a lake? Not so much.

Being somewhat scared of heights, he felt his heart jump into his mouth, but the impending threat of becoming a red smudge on the temple's lake made him get over it very quickly. Luckily, his newfound master had now plans of having to clean up 'Splat Nate', his descent was halted, with little room to spare as the water rippled under his feet.

[member="Daxton Bane"]

[Member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

The next few months quickly passed in a blur, days and nights of hard physical conditioning, lectures on Sith philosophy and science, endless hours of weapons drills against one or more opponents, all designed to weed out the weak. Learning to sleep where you could was a survival trait all the surviving students quickly adapted, not only to conserve energy but to spare their sanity as well.

Another skill they learned was to always think on their feet, sometimes attacks would come when you least expect it. Like when he was sparring with two enemies then suddenly without warning his sabers ceased to work or while relaxing on the night closet a dozen drones fly in and start blasting away with stun bolts.

Every so often students who graduate from the program, go on a vision quest. Some come back and proceed to the next tier in thier training. Those who don't return either sought out easier paths or simply disappeared into the void, either way tbeir fates remained unknown.

After a three day fast, Nate received a summons from the master. He would find Daxton in the sand garden working on a reclining female sandstone sculpture using only his knowledge of the Force to control Air and Earth. Ribbons of sand scoured the rock surface leaving behind a partially finish female of undetermined race.

"Ah my young apprentice, still with us I see. Good. Tonight it will your tirn to climb the mountain where you will perform a Vision Quest. You will be provided with Milk of The Poppy which numb your body and allow it to go commune with the Force. Be sure to throw Elixir of Dreams into the fire and inhale deeply before you take the Milk. The Force will reveal to you a totem animal, from which you draw strength and power. Once the vision ends you must search for, defeat it and return with proof of your deed. Questions?"

Greatness came only to those who sought it out, and he was definitely doing just that. The strenuous months of becoming a fearsome Force user wasn't for the weak, only the strong prospered. That's why he was still there. He had thrown all other things to the flames, only the Force and his master remained in his mind at all times.

When he was summoned, he wasted no time, setting down his things and making his way out to the sand garden. That was where he noticed his master, currently 'sandblasting' a statue, the attention to detail was enthralling, but there had to be something that was important.

His gaze was riveted to the Zabrack as he listened to what needed to be completed. When all was done, he bowed his head, arms crossed. "No questions Master, but I will return."

[member="Daxton Bane"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom