Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just joined (well earlier)

Hey all! Flobat here! I found myself in a problem where none of my friends wanted to do a star wars roleplay... so I decided to look around with star wars rp's and here I am finding this website!

Just a few questions

If I make my character force sensitive it does not mean that they are a jedi/sith/whatever but I can basically apply them to become one?

Do these rp's take place in any specific time in the sw universe? or when we rp with someone we decide when it is?

That seems it for now for questions but I'm normally a big question person!
Anywho -Flobat

Welcome!

1. If your character is 'force-sensitive' it just means they are able to use the force: You may however apply for a writer tag such as Padawan, being promoted to Knight/Master requires roleplay and approval, though.
  2. Time is fluid with RP but anything that's set far into the future or past is essentially non-canon as far as I'm aware. Otherwise days, weeks, months, maybe even a full year -- as long as it's not too big a gap doesn't matter much.
If you need any help, have any questions, or direction as far as characters and factions go please let me know!

Again. Welcome to Chaos, enjoy your stay.

Alright thanks! and that reminds me for the factions how exactly does that work?

also is there a like tagging other users in this?

[member="Flobat"]
Tagging is the @mention system (located on every post below their avatar). You can alternatively type out @Member, or [.member=""] (without the .)

Factions are a bit fluid, so depending on what you need, the answer may vary.

[member="Darth Vitium"] alright sweet! so when i make a character if i want republic i can just say it and no questions asked?

[member="Flobat"]
I'm not sure if the Republic is an open faction at the moment, but once you make your character sheet you are free to join any faction you wish. Just head over to their faction page (click the factions button up at the top of the browser screen) and click Join Faction. If it isn't an open faction you'll be sending the faction staff a request notification by doing so, and because of the activity of faction admins it is generally a quick response time if that is the case. I'm sure [member="Corvus Raaf"] will be here to talk about the Republic anyhow.

I've sort of been a match maker for a few people; helped them find factions more suitable to their character needs. I won't lie, I'm going to be biased towards my own faction if you happen to decide on a character that fits well with the scheme :D

Otherwise, I've helped a few people find their way to the One Sith, Mandalorians, and Red Ravens thus far. Maybe one to the Republic not really sure if that was me :|

Anyway, factions are all very dynamic. Some are unique, others are more cliche, and a few are based off of canon factions (if not a majority, actually). Here's a world report:

The One Sith and Galactic Republic are at war with one another; currently the One Sith are winning (Sith usually do that in wars), but who knows what may happen in the future ;)

The Mandalorians are currently in talks with a group of Jedi separatists called the Ession Reformation to create a Grand Coalition to destroy the Sith.

The Primeval just invaded the edge of the north-eastern fringes and are fighting the Imperial Remnant, who are trying to restore the Empire.

The Red Ravens -- a criminal organization -- just took control of operations from their archrival, the Black Sun Syndicate.

And it seems [member="Darth Vitium"] already pointed you in a good direction. [member="Flobat"]

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] alright sweet and thanks! should i make my character profile and show you before posting so you can help me find a faction?

Welcome

As for tags those require 50 posts first so get your feet wet.

As to the force, if you don't want to be a jedi or sith there is also grey like me with lots of other options like the Lords of the Fringe, Order of the Phoenix or even a school based faction called Order of the Grey led by my incharacter sister @ Alexandra Lianne Feanor
She is very helpful,

Darth Vitium said:
[member="Flobat"]
I'm not sure if the Republic is an open faction at the moment, but once you make your character sheet you are free to join any faction you wish. Just head over to their faction page (click the factions button up at the top of the browser screen) and click Join Faction. If it isn't an open faction you'll be sending the faction staff a request notification by doing so, and because of the activity of faction admins it is generally a quick response time if that is the case. I'm sure [member="Corvus Raaf"] will be here to talk about the Republic anyhow.
[member="Ari Jade"]

Hi Ari

No we're not an 'open' Faction, so if you follow Silara's advice above, we can have you signed up right away. Please let me know any specific questions you have. I'll read the full thread a little later (I'm on my phone) and will pick up any points you've raised.

:)

[member="Ari Jade"]

OK, I can look properly now. There is some excellent advice up there to go through. We'd love to see you in the Jedi Order but as stated, there are lots of other great Factions out there to choose from :)

But as before, any questions you have, I'm here to answer them :)

Catherine Romanov

C
[member="Darth Vitium"]

Of course [member="Corvus Raaf"] will be here to talk about the Republic. She is always there whenever the Republic needs it. The chance of her not being there when the Republic requires is as low as people not calling you Darth Vitamin when they see your name.

Oh and hi welcome Ari! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom