Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Electrical Things

After taking Physics 2 in college, I understood everything he said. And my response after seeing the resistor: DA FUK!?!?!?!?! O.O

I see it glow, thinking "Oh, it's going to be getting warm," and then I realize what was going through it, and I'm like "For the sake of all that is holy, TAKE IT OFF!!!"

And then it's destroyed...completely...

Vereaux said:
After taking Physics 2 in college, I understood everything he said.
You're doing relatively better than others that I see take Phys 2. Most don't even understand Ohm's Law. What's your major?

Vereaux said:
I see it glow, thinking "Oh, it's going to be getting warm," and then I realize what was going through it, and I'm like "For the sake of all that is holy, TAKE IT OFF!!!" And then it's destroyed...completely...
The worst that could have happened was the resistor itself melting or a bit of wire falling and causing a short - but the pliers and fuse protect against both.

EDIT: Also, the best freaking sound in the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_gpzk6NBg

Sabena Shai said:
You're doing relatively better than others that I see take Phys 2. Most don't even understand Ohm's Law. What's your major?

The worst that could have happened was the resistor itself melting or a bit of wire falling and causing a short - but the pliers and fuse protect against both.

EDIT: Also, the best freaking sound in the world.
Hehe, Ohm's Law. When he first introduced it, he explains the most common form of it, V=IR, and then after half way through, introduces the current density form of it. I think everyone in the class groaned xP But anyway, I'm actually going for Mechanical Engineering, and at the moment, finishing up Physics 2 and Dynamics. Afterward, I hope to transfer to a college that actually has the full degree >.>

True enough. I was mostly concerned about it melting =P It reminded me of when my dad, who was an electrician, did something stupid and blew out the fuse in the power box. He was pissed at himself for days xP

I don't know about most amazing sound, but it's up there =)

[member="Emma Norewood"]

Beware, we may teach you something :p

[member="Sabena Shai"]

Thus why he was mad, because it was at our house on his day off. He hasn't worked as an electrician though for a few years now, focusing on his computer programming.

And cool fireworks xD

Vereaux said:
Beware, we may teach you something :p
It was a surprise to me because here we learn "basic" (which isn't too basic -- more like advanced) electricity, including Ohm's Law, even before high school.

But there are things I can learn from you, considering I'm not a physics mayor. :p

[member="Emma Norewood"]

A lot of the main problems with high school now these days is that they don't tell people how everything actually works together. At least that's my beef with the educational system here in the US. I tutor K-12 in Mathematics, and whenever I see a problem trying to use physics, I want to strangle the person who put it in there.

lol And there are things I can learn from you as well =) I want to write better, personally, because whenever I see people get their English degrees, I always think to myself: "They are going to skate circles around me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom