Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just Before Dawn

Shiim to the arm, followed by a downward cho mai left the training droid without a hand. The fact that it wasn't even powered up, and thus was stood completely still, didn't make much of a difference. It was something, right? He'd managed... something.
Leaning back in his hoverchair, Eliphas disignited the amber blade of his saber and let out a long sigh. There were various marks smattered across the metal body of the deactivated droid, each of them clearly not where they were intended to land. It was hard to reach from his chair, hard to get the right angles, and maneuver the way he wanted to. Still he'd kept at it.
Placing the hilt of his saber into a pocket on the seat, he carefully pushed himself to the edge and brought his feet down to the floor. One foot pressed firm, then the other, though he didn't immediately bring himself to a stand. It should have been getting easier by now, but it wasn't. He should have been able to take at least a step or two...
Instead when he pushed up and tried to balance his weight he slumped right back down, missing the chair entirely and landing on his butt.
"Empress" he huffed, as he rubbed at his sleepy eyes. Maybe it was time to reach out for actual help, attend formal PT sessions, but he didn't know how and felt awkward bringing it up with his Master, even if Starlin Rand Starlin Rand had been urging him to do precisely that. Who'd have thought that Eliphas Dune of all people would feel a sense of pride too strong to ask for help.
Yet here he was.

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Help out a fellow padawan
Tag: Lief Lief

div-orange.png

It was early in the morning and Silas was walking along the quiet corridors toward the training hall. It wasn't unusual for Silas to be late like this, from early training he drilled it into himself to start early. He wasn't the only one who did this though, there were still many Jedi in the order that did the same as him. However, I think most just like their sleep more

Yawning to himself quietly he walked into the hall to find that one other person was there. However, this individual wasn't actually walking but instead sat in a hover chair. It must have been an injured padawan who was trying to get some training in, or at least try while they were on the sidelines. Silas watched him from the sidelines until he stopped, only then would he finally approach "I see I'm not the only one who had the same idea" he said with a friendly smile "Sometimes I'm in here by myself, but atleast I'll have some company"

Knowing that they haven't met, Silas respectfully offered a handshake to him "Silas, Silas Westgard. Can I ask for your name?" unknown to him it was the same kid Starlin Rand Starlin Rand was talking about on the balcony that one time, the same padawan who had been put in a coma due to his injuries.

Eliphas had barely pulled himself back into the hoverchair by the time that the door swished open and another Jedi entered. He straightened himself up and turned the floating device toward the boy as he spoke about the room being occupied. Apparently he wasn't bothered by that fact, and Eliphas discovered that neither was he. What an odd realization, more often than not these days he sought to be alone.
"Can't sleep either?" he asked, watching as the boy reached where he was sat and offered out a hand to shake. "Silas... Master Noble's Padawan, right? I'm Eliphas, Eliphas Dune..."
Naturally he shook the boys hand, then glanced past him to the rest of the room.
"I'm guessing you're here to practice?"

qC8JFYe.png

div-orange.png
"Silas... Master Noble's Padawan, right? I'm Eliphas, Eliphas Dune..."
"Eliphas... you're Starlin's padawan," he said as their hands met for a firm handshake. He had heard about him coming out of his coma sometime ago, but he only ever saw him around the temple every so often "You're right though, Valery is my master. I presume you have met her at some point" considering she was the sword there was probably very few that she hadn't met yet.

"I actually train around these times most days. Not that my sleep schedule is a mess or anything, I just prefer getting up early to put the work doing" he explained before motioning down to the lightsaber he was practicing with "To be honest, for a person whose hover chair bound you can still handle yourself well" Silas commended, holding briefly to think about something.

"Say, if you're trying to get back into the swing of things I can help you out. I won't be a bother for me at all"

Having not long since awoken from his comatose state, it was only natural for the other Padawan not to know of him. Yet much to his surprise, he was immediately pegged as being Starlin's. Had his Master mentioned him? That was... unexpected. A pleasant surprise though.
"Erm, yes... Master Rand's Padawan." He offered Silas a small smile, then nodded to mention of Valery. "It was Master Noble who tested my sensitivity and brought me into the Order" he explained. "She came to Empress Teta to find me." Even speaking of his homeworld was difficult, not to mention the last time he'd seen it and the inhabitants he now feared gone was the very same day she'd taken him from it.
"She's a wonderful Jedi. I'm sure you do her proud."
Silas went on to explain that he was often training, especially at this time. Early, ahead of the sun.
"It is nice to train when it's quieter" he concurred, before his head tilted slightly to one side at the unexpected compliment. "Oh... Frankly, I feel like an uncoordinated Wampa. It took me longer than I care to admit to land the hit..." A very slight, self-depreciative grimace wormed its way across his expression. Then he sighed. He couldn't wallow in self-pity. He had to build himself back up. "But thank you."
Then came an offer... Silas wanted to help him train? "You really wouldn't mind?" he asked, cheeks softly glowing bashfully, "I don't even really know where to begin. I considered pushing myself toward Ataru, relying more on the Force than my body - you know, sort of like Master Yoda of yore. But, well, I'm not doing so well with that either. My connection's... iffy."
Realizing he was blabbering far too much he fell silent, and looked back to the deactivated training droid. More and more he wondered if he could even remain on the path of a Jedi.
Can't think like that he reminded himself. It had only been a couple of weeks since he awakened again, he had to be kinder to himself.

qC8JFYe.png

div-orange.png
"You really wouldn't mind?"
"Of course not, if it means helping you get on the right tracks I'd be more than happy to help you out" he smiled calmly, nodding slowly to what Dune had to say about his iffy connection "Ataru? that's a big thing to get back into after being out of action for so long." Silas replied thoughtfully, his arms slowly folding in concentration "What I suggest is brushing up on the basics. Brush up on the first form before going onto difficult styles like Ataru. I know it's hard considering your condition, but you've got to try and make it work while you recover"

Dune needed to walk before he could run, jumping into the deep end like this was not going to do him any favors.

"Trust me, your ability is still there. You just need to put your drive and mentality into breaking down those walls" he said reassuringly with a quick pat on his shoulder. Dune seemed like a good person, he just needed a kick up the ass to get things going again.

"Tell me, what are you having trouble with right now? be honest, nothing will leave this room anyway"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom