Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just another day in the life...

He heard the cannon fire, then [member="Zarack Arkaos"] start up his ship, then a fuel canister exploded a few feet away from him. He turned his back to the explosion, and felt the flames swirl around him. It was deafening and in the midst of it, another cannon shot sent a partially incinerated fighter crashing down onto the platform. He fell to his knees as the explosion rocked the platform. One of the Officers cracked him in the back of his head with the butt of his rifle and pulled out magnacuffs.

"Stay on the ground! You're under arrest!"

He groaned slightly and stood back up, and the officer swung at him again. He impatiently put up his hand and caught the blow mid air.

"I'm not a damn criminal, I'm a licensed Bounty Hunter!"

He then pulled out his IPKC (Imperial Peacekeeping Certificate) and smacked it into the officers face. The officer gave him a look and then scanned his Certificate.

"Oh..My apologies Sir, I didn't realize you where one of the guild's top members..."

The other officers ran up behind their leading officer and stood at attention, some giving His saber staff and vibro-sword cautious glances. He snatched back his certificate and sheathed his vibro-sword. He then pulled out his Imagecaster.

"I want that man removed from any Imperial or Corporate bounties. He is now My independent problem, Understood?"

The officer coughed and sputtered as he answered.

"But Sir! That man I wanted for Murder and now destruc-"

He cut him off and stepped closer.

"Is. That. Understood?"

The officer looked away and nodded, then turned and lead his men back the way they came, leaving him standing there, as the destroyed fighter and the storage compartment burned.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

One of the fighters erupted into flames, smoke pooling out from the back of the patrol vessel before it descended and dropped into the side of one of the larger structures of Coruscant. At the helm of the cockpit, Zarack worked furiously to keep a tight control over the modified YT-1300, the Baccara reworked to be piloted by one if and where required, he was however thankful to have someone else on the guns as the vessels targeting systems weren't as keen as the intuition and precision of a person.

The Light Freighter tilted onto it's right side as it passed between two skyscrapers just narrowly avoiding the outside building whilst pulling back on the controls and amplifying the repulsorlift thrusters to sharpen the turn at an almost unbelievable angle, shooting out in a full barrel spin leaving the other craft behind them having to scramble to avoid crashing themselves. With his eyes darting between the viewing port and the main terminal displaying the sensor arrays current aerial feedback, his brows furrowed in confusion and wonder as it seemed as if their pursuers were backing off.

"Either we've got them scared or these guys have been withdrawn..." He spoke over the intercom feed that bled his voice out through the rest of the ship. [member="Zetha Vesh"] clearly hadn't found the headset slung across the right bracket against the wall to the turrets fighter pit yet otherwise Zarack would've thought she'd responded by now. Still, she'd shot one of the other birds out of the sky so she wasn't just in it for a free ride clearly, most typical stragglers or stowaways would've hidden and waited for it to be over, one way or another. Zarack didn't know what to believe where the other fighters were concerned, especially with all the local displays of violence in the heart of one of Coruscant's larger docking facilities, he'd expected more.

"I've seen enough of Coruscant for one day, I'm pulling us out of here..." He announced across the comm's systems before moving to guide the ship up towards the edge of the atmosphere, re-balancing the shields to support all sides with equal measure before the heat and the pull of earths gravity caused the ship to rumble on it's ext from the Core World.

-Exit Thread-​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Nate the Bounty Hunter said:
"... Local authorities are here... and a lot of them too. I don't think that blasting our way out of it will work, you two might have to have this conversation elsewhere" He heard a police officer come around the corner and spot the three of them. He glanced at the mans and used the force to tap into his nervous system, and shut it down. The man's eyes rolled in his head as he hit the floor.
Corporal Keller had six years left before retirement. He wasn't a good cop, he wasn't a bad cop. Didn't get caught on holocam shooting unarmed Vong kids or pepper-spraying Clone Lives Matter activists, so you could say that for him. When a rogue Padawan shut down his central nervous system, his whole life flashed before his eyes. He had a moment of transcendence.

In the coming months and years, that memory would become uncomfortable, prickle his eyes with tears. The inquest at work -- you just took a nap while they slaughtered your boys in the hangar bay -- paid admin leave -- would all lead to a growing paranoia and distrust toward Jedi. But he would stay on the force, because quitting was something you didn't do, even if your central nervous system hadn't quite rebooted right and the facial tics ended your second marriage. Some years later, Corporal Keller would get mouthy with the wrong Jedi Master and take a Force-push to the face. His neck would break. His buddies on the force would share a drink or six in his honour, pay for his funeral, and crowdfund for his estranged kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom