Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Just Another Brick in the Wall (SJO)

Location - Silver Rest Medical Wing

Katarine was sitting on the examination table wearing one of the paper thin gowns associated with the hospital. The droid who examined her was giving its diagnosis to the Jedi in the hallway. Physically, Katarine was a very healthy young woman who was very strong in the Force. There were oddities about her however and the droid was trying to explain those.

The first oddity was the clothing and weapon she had arrived with. They were over 800 years old. The other oddity was that the record for “Katarine Ryiah” belonged to a Jedi Investigator born in 10ABY.

The droid was currently trying to explain that Katarine was a perfectly healthy 848 year old human female. Odd indeed.

She hugged her arms to her chest to fight the chill in the air. The paper gowns provided did little for warmth. She could hear voices in the hall and hoped that someone would come in soon. She had gone to the Silver Jedi for help after all.

A tall being wearing dark cloak over silver, came through the door and looked at the girl. With a wave of his hand the droid left. "The force seems to have interesting effects upon sentient beings." He said "especially force sensitives. I am sorry for not interducing myself I am Master Varloc. So you came seeking help from us. What are you in need of?

Katarine watched as a male entered. “Hello Master Varloc.” He wasted no time in asking what she wanted.

“Well I really want to know what’s going on in the galaxy and why I seem to be over eight hundred years in the future.”

She shifted slightly and the gown make a crinkle sound. “Though I wouldn’t say no to getting my clothes back if all my tests are done.”

Varloc Varloc

Katarine was happy to have her clothes back, and was surprised to find she was even given her lightsaber as well. On top of her clothes was a print out of her results. Scanning it over she saw all looked well. She was a perfectly healthy ancient woman.

Her deep green eyes scanned her weapon. It’s technology was ancient as well, but still had sentimental value. She clipped it to her belt and met the master in the hallway.

“Where would you like to walk to?”
Varloc Varloc

Elise

E
Elise stepped into the emptied room, holopad in hand as she opened her mouth in gree- She gave a soft blink to find one... Katarine gone. Oh Force. Never a good thing, when an amnesiac disappears. Using the picture provided on file, Elise made quick work through the halls. A brown head of hair in the distance matched the image. Elise placed a hand on her arm, a soft sigh of relief escaping her lips.

“Katarine? I’m afraid you haven’t been dismissed yet— where did you find clothes— I’m sorry,” she backtracked, catching sight of unfamiliar face besides her patient. For a moment Elise questioned her vision. She double took at the holograph, then frowned up at the woman who very strangely seemed halfway out the door.

“You are Katarine, yes?”

The Sephi's iridescent eyes were trained on the holopad that had been pushed in her hands by the medical droid. She wasn't a high-ranking Jedi healer, nor a doctor, but the droid still insisted that she'd look it over. Polite as she was, and unable to talk to the droids, she had accepted its request.​

She wasn't too fond of medical droids, but she respected their opinions. Once again that proved to be the right call, as she stumbled upon the same oddities as the droid. With her free hand, the Sephi made rapid gestures, the confusion written all over her face. <Well over 800 years old? And you are certain that she is human?> While she preferred to use her telepathy over sign language, she couldn't reach droids through the Force. Luckily, most were able to translate sign language, albeit with difficulty.​

"Yes Master Sinvala. Scans indicate a biologically healthy human female of approximately 848 years old. Clothing and accessories date from the early post-Imperial era." The droid responded, causing Sakadi to stare at it in disbelief. Surely the droid wasn't lying, but this was unheard of. Even carbonite freezing couldn't sustain a living being for such a long amount of them.​

Sakadi began to gesture at the droid again. <Take me to her please.> The droid immediately turned, moving down the corridor without checking if the Jedi master was following it.​

The droid led her through the corridor, but something in the edge of her vision made the Sephi stop in her tracks. After two more glances at the borrowed holopad, Sakadi could indeed confirm that the woman she had caught a glimpse of, was the one she was looking for. And she wasn't alone; a figure in a dark cloak stood beside her.​

She reached the pair shortly after another Jedi (Elise). Through her presence in the Force, Sakadi could tell that she had also attained the rank of master. With subtle aid of the Force, Sakadi would reach out to their minds. "Pardon me, but I hoped I could talk with ms. Ryiah." She conveyed with a friendly smile. "Perhaps we could return to the examination room, and continue this conversation?" She proposed politely, hoping that both her fellow Jedi and the ancient woman would agree with her.​

Katarine was walking down the hall when a woman gently placed her hand upon her arm and claimed she had not been dismissed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Master Varloc said we should go for a walk." She really did not want to upset the Order. She wasn't a member, even if she was a Jedi and she didn't want anything she did to seem hostile. When another woman greeted them and telepathically insisted they go back to the examination room Katarine nodded, wondering if Master Varloc really had the authority to take her anywhere.

They returned to the examination room and Katarine slid back up on the table, happy to have clothes this time.

"Master Varloc returned my clothing and the medical droid gave me a print out." She handed the print out to the woman who seemed to be a healer (Elise).

Varloc Varloc Elise Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

As Katarine and the other masters entered the room they found Varloc waiting for them, he sat in a chair holding a data pad. "Vary peculiar indeed, as soon as you came here I sensed you, something out of place." He said, speaking to Katarine "it seems the force is trying to tell us something." He said, now standing up, "what is it do you think the force is telling me?"
K KAR Elise Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Sakadi's gaze shifted to Master Varloc for a moment, her eyebrow slightly raised at Katarine's remark. As far as she knew, he carried no authority in Silver Rest's medical wing. Of course, she didn't know every Jedi by name, but Sakadi had spent enough time in this wing to know most Jedi healers by face. Especially the individuals who stood out, like him. At least she was glad that everyone agreed to her proposition.

Sakadi waited until the blonde master had read the paper handed to her, before making a 'lead the way' gesture. She would follow behind them, as the Sephi still had no idea what examination room Katarine was supposed to be in.

Once all of them were inside the right room, Sakadi closed the door to grant them some privacy. Still in possession of the medical droid's holopad, the Jedi Master took another quick glance at Katarine's profile, just to make sure she got the facts straight. Varloc was the first to speak up, but Sakadi was listening with only half an ear. Nevertheless, she would respond. "I don't know what the Force is telling you, but I urge you to question its message until we have gathered more information." her voice echoed through the minds of those present. Yes, Katarine's imprint in the Force was out of place, but for all she knew, that could easily be a side-effect of her memory loss.

The Sephi's vibrant blue eyes shifted from the holopad to Katarine, as the young-looking woman rubbed her head. "How are you feeling, Katarine?" Sakadi began. "I'm reading here that you've experience severe memory loss... And that your body is in perfect condition for a 848 years old woman." she added with a slight smile. "I think I might be able to help you recover some of these lost memories. If you would let me, of course." Sakadi paused for a moment. She would understand if Katarine refused her aid. "Although I cannot guarantee that I'll succeed, it might be able to grant us more insight." Digging for memories was a difficult task, especially when someone had well over 800 years of dreams and memories. If Katarine would allow her to try, Sakadi would turn to the Jedi Healer in the room. She wanted her approval if she was going to attempt something like this.

K KAR Elise Varloc Varloc

Elise

E
The scene changed quickly, but Elise moved fluidly through the transition. As Sakadi looked to her for approval, Elise gave it freely. She held no strong skill in memory augmentation and as Katarine was in otherwise perfect health ... Elise took a step back.

She looked to Varloc with a furrow to her brow, her head tilting as she studied him.

"I'm sorry, I don't recognize you. Do you frequent Silver Rest often?"

"You can try." Katarine sounded a little wary. Having someone mess around inside your memories was always awkward and could be dangerous, but if anybody could do it then it would be fellow Jedi.

The conversation between the other two made her frown. She got the sense that perhaps Master Varloc wasn't supposed to be here, or at least was very new and not known. Perhaps he was like Katarine and had just arrived.

"I'm ready." She looked at the woman who had offered to help.

Varloc Varloc Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Elise

Elise

E
Elise's eyebrows shot up in subtle shock. "Oh." She considered him further, the man, frankly, a bit of an enigma.

"Are you a visiting healer then?" She hazarded, the same even keel tone used with him that she used with everyone. She was just trying to understand who he was, and why he had been walking with her patient right out of the building.

"We have been in need of hands ever since the sith attack at Kintan. Now war seems closer to our door step with every day that passes- I can add you to the roster, if you're so interested."

With both the healer's and Katarine's approval, the Jedi Master went to work. "Please rest your head on the table." She projected to Katarine, completely understanding why she was a little wary. Nothing was more sacred that one's own thoughts and feelings. Having someone mess with your memories and feelings was something she herself considered unacceptable. But this was one of the few cases where it could do more good than harm.

Sakadi walked to the head of the table, positioning herself behind Katarine. Gently, she would place her hands against both the physically young woman's temples. Once Katarine signaled that she was ready, the Sephi would close her eyes and focus on her breath. It would help her reach a state of serenity, one she would need to connect fully to the Living Force. ​

Slowly but surely, the Jedi Master gave direction and purpose to the Living Force, guiding it through her hands to the mind of her hopefully calm patient. The subtle flow brought no harm, instead inducing an effect akin to brain fog as Sakadi delved deep into Katarine's subconscious. But no matter how deep the Jedi Master attempted to dive, all she stumbled upon were layers of dreams. It was almost as if she had been sleeping for the majority of her long life. Even for a mentalist as skilled as her, recovering memories in a web of dreams this intricate was like looking for a needle in a haystack. And the Sephi wasn't even sure if the needle was in there. She could sense that something was missing. Fractured, as if her very essence was torn in half. ​

Knowing that prying deeper could harm the young woman, Sakadi decided to withdraw her presence from Katarine's mind. Once she was certain her intrusion hadn't left any marks, she took a step back. Shaking her head, Sakadi projected her thoughts to the three others in the room, oblivious of the conversation between the two other masters. "I can't recover anything substantial. Her mind is too clouded. The one thing I found, was a reoccurring name." Again, Sakadi's gaze shifted to Katarine. "Does the name Daxium remind you of anyone in particular?" she asked, hoping it would trigger at least something.​

K KAR Elise Varloc Varloc

Elise

E
Elise gave Katarine a look of concern. What was he doing with her then? The halls of healing were not a place for visitors to travel lightly in. She glanced once to Sakadi as she began her work on the woman, then student briskly.

"Excuse us." She gestured for Varloc to follow her out, a sense of rigidness to her spine as she turned on the stranger in the hall. "Who are you? Why are dealing with Silver Rest patients if you have no skill in healing yourself?" Her tone was hard. Protective. But not mean.

Reactions: KAR
Katarine sat up, feeling a bit woozy from the mind reading. The master healer and the other master left the room, but Katarine barely noticed. All she caught was one word. Daxium.

All at once different emotions rose up. Anger that he must of done this to her, confusion because she didn't understand what he'd done, and sadness knowing that if she really was 800 years in the future her twin was long dead.

"Yes it does. I think He did this to me. It feels like I've just been asleep for a really long time."

An 800+ year nap.

Elise Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Varloc Varloc

Varloc followed Elise "I am just a person" he said "I am here because I know I must" he said looking at Elise, he understood why she asked him these questions. "If you wish me to leave I will."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom